[1.12] HyperEdit [v1.5.8, July 10, 2018] - Cheat, Teleporter, Orbit/Planet Editor, & More

Ezriilc

Does this mod have any incompatabilities with other mods?

I've run it alongside a lot of other plugins and as of yet had no problem, but it seems there are always new mods with complex compatability issues. The best approach is to work through those with plugins (DLLs) and isolate the specific problem methodically, then the authors can hopefully establish the precise cause and correct it.

Does this mod have any incompatabilities with other mods? I unzipped the download and put it in game data, loaded up the game, hit alt h... nothing happened.

There are no known compatibility issues with any other plugins that I'm aware of. In fact, I've included special code in my updates to HyperEdit that works to prevent interference between any similar mods.

The contents of the HyperEdit .zip file don't go directly in GameData, but into the root of your KSP.exe installation. It will put the Kerbaltek folder inside GameData, but the file is designed to be unzipped into the root folder. Please double-check that you have the proper folder structure after unzipping ("ksp_win/GameData/Kerbaltek"), and NOT something like "ksp_win/GameData/GameData/Kerbaltek". Beyond that, you might try re-downloading everything into a fresh location.

If you continue to have trouble, please contact me privately. I have an idea for a fix that cannot fail.

• 3 weeks later...
Hyper edit in my KSP is still working... although my craft isn`t moving somehow when i tried turning on its engines :(

That doesn't sound related to HyperEdit. You might want to check your power level. No electricity + an unmanned ship = debris.

How does one land/orbit a craft w/o killing the Kerbals on board due to G-Forces? I've tried reading around on this forum and on the Kerbaltek site, but no dice. I have more than a few mods, but maybe one of them is allowing death due to high G-forces.

Danke!

How does one land/orbit a craft w/o killing the Kerbals on board due to G-Forces? I've tried reading around on this forum and on the Kerbaltek site, but no dice. I have more than a few mods, but maybe one of them is allowing death due to high G-forces.

Danke!

That would be Deadly Reentry causing the G-load

Hyper edit in my KSP is still working... although my craft isn`t moving somehow when i tried turning on its engines :(

Try right clicking a RGU, manned pod, docking port or other part with command and/or control then clicking Control from here. It's a bug in KSP .23 where at times no part will be set as control.

Try right clicking a RGU, manned pod, docking port or other part with command and/or control then clicking Control from here. It's a bug in KSP .23 where at times no part will be set as control.

Ah, I hadn't thought of that. Good to know!

This little bug can actually be compounded by mechjeb... Sometimes (i havent found a system to make this 100% repeatable) When switching from one vessel to another in close proximity with one another, both with mechjeb, one having a Smart ASS function on (kill rot/pro-retro, or the like), when you switch back to it, the vessel will appear to twitch about, because two systems are fighting each other for attitude control. This is simply fixed by changing the control reference part... Its a strange one.. lol

I'm having a problem with Hyperedit. I'm building a groundside reactor complex in KSP interstellar; right now I'm trying to deploy my main reactor block, and I want to move it ~3km away from the KSC so that it doesn't cause lag, but its too heavy to be practical to transfer on wheel or wing. I'm trying to use the Landing Editor to place it, but every time I hit the Land/Drop button, the whole thing instantly explodes into bits. Even activating Unbreakable Joins and No Collision Damage doesn't save it, though it does reduce the number of pieces I end up in. The log shows a multitude of 'structural failure between' messages, so it seems like their are some major phantom forces being generated.

I had a similar problem the last time I tried to deploy a structure like this. That time, it turned out that I had accidentally entered the wrong longitude, causing me to appear on the other side of the planet; it seemed that Hyperedit wasn't properly correcting for the difference in ground velocity vector. Once I corrected my target the problem went away. This time, however, I have confirmed that I'm no more than a couple km from the KSC, and I'm still exploding.

I've got Kerbal Joint Reinforcement installed; could that be the problem?

I'm having a problem with Hyperedit. I'm building a groundside reactor complex in KSP interstellar; right now I'm trying to deploy my main reactor block, and I want to move it ~3km away from the KSC so that it doesn't cause lag, but its too heavy to be practical to transfer on wheel or wing. I'm trying to use the Landing Editor to place it, but every time I hit the Land/Drop button, the whole thing instantly explodes into bits. Even activating Unbreakable Joins and No Collision Damage doesn't save it, though it does reduce the number of pieces I end up in. The log shows a multitude of 'structural failure between' messages, so it seems like their are some major phantom forces being generated.

I had a similar problem the last time I tried to deploy a structure like this. That time, it turned out that I had accidentally entered the wrong longitude, causing me to appear on the other side of the planet; it seemed that Hyperedit wasn't properly correcting for the difference in ground velocity vector. Once I corrected my target the problem went away. This time, however, I have confirmed that I'm no more than a couple km from the KSC, and I'm still exploding.

I've got Kerbal Joint Reinforcement installed; could that be the problem?

Yea, teleportation is uber jenky magic. I'm truly sorry, but if it won't tolerate being flown by a mere Kuman, then it's not likely to withstand the hand of god. All I can recommend is to keep trying different variables like adding/removing launch clamps, struts, etc.. Oh, and good luck!

I am sure this has been answered before here, thanks for the mod, I was looking to use it as a way to modify the moon's orbit in the Real Solar System mod but it seems every time I modify the orbit of the moon it just goes back next time I load the game up. Is there a way to permanently modify the orbit?

I am sure this has been answered before here, thanks for the mod, I was looking to use it as a way to modify the moon's orbit in the Real Solar System mod but it seems every time I modify the orbit of the moon it just goes back next time I load the game up. Is there a way to permanently modify the orbit?

No, sorry. That's on the list of things to add.

I'm having a problem with Hyperedit. I'm building a groundside reactor complex in KSP interstellar; right now I'm trying to deploy my main reactor block, and I want to move it ~3km away from the KSC so that it doesn't cause lag, but its too heavy to be practical to transfer on wheel or wing.

Balloons! You could build a large dirigible atop the reactor using the Hooligan Labs and firespitter mods then lift off and fly to where you want the reactor. Set down, decouple then send the airship off to crash somewhere.

Yea, teleportation is uber jenky magic. I'm truly sorry, but if it won't tolerate being flown by a mere Kuman, then it's not likely to withstand the hand of god. All I can recommend is to keep trying different variables like adding/removing launch clamps, struts, etc.. Oh, and good luck!

It's quite structural sound. Plenty of struts, no launch clamps. Moving it impractical because it weighs 470 tons, not because it isn't strong enough. Besides, that doesn't explain it going kaboom when Invincible Joints is on.

Balloons! You could build a large dirigible atop the reactor using the Hooligan Labs and firespitter mods then lift off and fly to where you want the reactor. Set down, decouple then send the airship off to crash somewhere.

That's what I did with previous reactors. It's not practical with this one, though. It's too heavy for even the largest single lift envelope, there's no good place to attach the lifting craft, suspending that much weight without ripping the stack apart is very hard, and a dirigible would add a lot of parts to an already molasses-slow craft.

It's quite structural sound. Plenty of struts, no launch clamps. Moving it impractical because it weighs 470 tons, not because it isn't strong enough. Besides, that doesn't explain it going kaboom when Invincible Joints is on.

I didn't mean to suggest the rig isn't rigid or strong enough, but only that teleportation is quite quirky and prone to odd failures which can sometimes be overcome by simply changing a factor, even if the change doesn't necessarily "improve" the structure in any practical way. Can you dig it?

What does explain it going kaboom, however, is the truly chaotic nature of complex systems, such as: cutting edge programming + a unique game application + the Unity engine + PhysX ++, etc. - aka Kerbal Space Program.

I don't mean to sound insensitive or dismissive; I'm just trying to describe the frustrating nature of living as a kerb. I hope you get where I'm coming from. :cool:

Is there a way to edit the inclination by changing some config file? Thanks for the info!

Not that I know of, but that isn't saying much; others may know more than I. The persistent.sfs file does contain all the necessary save data, of course, but I haven't looked into parsing or altering that just yet, so I'm no help.

Sorry again. :blush:

• 3 weeks later...

This is just a note to announce that our site has been restructured a bit. HyperEdit now has its own page, so any old links may be broken. Please start at our home page to see the new setup, where you will see the HyperEdit link at the top.

Sorry for the sudden change, and I'll try not to do it again very soon. :)

If anyone here is interested, I've also upgraded the "Craft Kitchen" where visitors can now upload craft files to the Public Gallery for display and sharing. It's all free, with no ads, and no login or registration required.

hyper edit isnt working for me in the newest ksp version

"The newest KSP version" is 0.23.0, and HyperEdit does work with that version.

Perhaps you can be more specific? Feel free to read the FAQ and use our Contact page to report any issues you may be having.

"The newest KSP version" is 0.23.0, and HyperEdit does work with that version.

Perhaps you can be more specific? Feel free to read the FAQ and use our Contact page to report any issues you may be having.

Newest KSP is 0.23.5, and It works with that version...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.