[1.2] Procedural Fairings 3.20 (November 8)

e-dog

Yep I have the same issue still with Pparts and tweakscale. Pparts devs know, but I don't think anything is being or going to be done about it. Took me ages to get them to even believe it was still happening on Linux. Here is github issue. Spread the word maybe with enough Linux users complaining it will be worked on.

I'll see if I can come up with repro steps and screenshots tonight. And I was getting the problem with regular ol' cylindrical tanks.

Edit: The problem is 100% consistently reproducible. I've posted over in the Procedural Parts thread, including repro steps, logfile, and screenshots.

Edited by jrandom

I have no idea if this is a bug with Procedural Fairings or TweakableEverything, but I'm posting a bug report here (x-posted TE's thread):

Whenever I introduce a PF base to the building section, the right-click context menus don't show up when I right click. This is fixed when I exit the VAB and come back in, but the bases seem to be the ones causing the problem, since the fairings are working fine.

I have no idea if this is a bug with Procedural Fairings or TweakableEverything, but I'm posting a bug report here (x-posted TE's thread):

Whenever I introduce a PF base to the building section, the right-click context menus don't show up when I right click. This is fixed when I exit the VAB and come back in, but the bases seem to be the ones causing the problem, since the fairings are working fine.

I have also been experiencing this problem.

I've noticed a weird issue where if a fairing base (the kind you use to cover up engines between stages) is directly connected to the bottom of a procedural fuel tank, the fairing base will not be in the correct position after saving/loading the craft.

I can get around this currently by using a procedural thrust plate at the bottom of the fuel tank, but that's extra mass. Is there a known fix for this issue?

Having the exact same issue...

http://i.imgur.com/somXHv9.png - ship launched after loading vessel, parts go out of place if a procedural decoupler is attached to the fairing base, it will get out of place after a load.

How hard is it to exchange textures (or add new alternatively textured parts) for the structural fairings?

With the new Update The Fairing Adapters are exploding on the launch pad for me....

Anyone else????

It's a new heat system with internal heating, so e-dog probably just needs to adjust/add some numbers.

Edited by Temeter

I'm having a strange problem when using these and MechJeb.

I use the Mechjeb Ascent Guidance computer, with Auto-warp set.

Usually, I have to tell Mechjeb to stop at a specific stage or else it jettisons the fairing way too soon.

What I saw was that Mechjeb does NOT autowarp until I manually jettison the fairing, then it works fine.

I'm not sure where the problem is, I'll post this also in the Mechjeb thread.

This is on 1.0.3, which I know it hasn't been updated for yet. But I think I've seen this on 1.0.2 as well.

This mod is just so amazing but i have to report a bug: Every time i am using the adapter plate to attach the engines, it starts to wobble around at launch (even with KJR) and makes getting into orbit completely impossible :confused: (the engines are moving with the plate) :( (if i strut the plate to the fuel tank above it's alright but it's still really annoying sometimes)

I hope this gets fixed since i've already had that problem in 0.90 !

( i am using PP/PF in RSS+RO+etc. )

sorry for all the possibly wrong spelled words ! thanks !

Updated to 3.15:

• Updated for KSP 1.0.4.
  • Merged pull request for Procedural Parts bug fix.
  • Adjusted thermal parameters for KSP 1.0.4 (hopefully).

Thank you very much for the update. This is one of those mods that's truly essential for me.

Just for the record, I am still experiencing the "Interstage Fairing Adapter" kills right click issue.

Updated to 3.15:

• Updated for KSP 1.0.4.
  • Merged pull request for Procedural Parts bug fix.
  • Adjusted thermal parameters for KSP 1.0.4 (hopefully).

Thanks for the update! The mod is playable now, but after picking the interstage fairing adaptes, the part nodes hang mid-air and you cannot connect any fairings to it! Workaround is to delete that part and add a new one, now it works, but there are nodes hanging mid-air still.

Anyone remember what the web site was where you could make your own shape of ProceduralFairings ?

I remember Scott Manley having

about it, it was called Fairing Factory. Each custom fairing was a separate part that you downloaded. It was made obsolete because of Procedural Fairings and now the stock fairings. Edited by Pipcard

If you use Tweakable Everything, go grab the latest release that was just pushed out today

This does seem to have fixed the issue. My apologies for reporting it here when it seems to have been a bug with Tweakable Everything.

Anyone remember what the web site was where you could make your own shape of ProceduralFairings ?

There was also this:

If it's any help, I used this site to produce the following shape:

http://i1068.photobucket.com/albums/u452/bkleincn/soyuz_zpsmfichi0o.png

An important caveat is to design the fairing shape in that program the opposite of how you might expect (such that the top points down and the inside points to the left). To produce that I used the values noseConeShape=0.5, 0, 0.25, 0

Second disclaimer is that it needs a moderately tall payload to produce the vertical sides.

3.15 Fairing Bases still explode due to overheating, even when no overheating should be present, such as at the launchpad. Tested/Confirmed in isolation with new 1.0.4 install and only PF mod.

3.15 Fairing Bases still explode due to overheating, even when no overheating should be present, such as at the launchpad. Tested/Confirmed in isolation with new 1.0.4 install and only PF mod.

Unable to repro problem. I've tried several different sizes of bases and let them sit on the pad at varying levels of warp. And with all three bases (2 fairing bases + 1 interstage)

None of them exploded nor did they heat up to unexpected or unusual levels.

I suggest you post craft files that you've experienced this with and your output_log.txt file (or your player.log file if Mac/Linux)