[1.3] Starshine Industries: Extendable Nozzle

ganinian

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Hey, I'm back, was really busy back then, but now i'm back. Will be updating the packs as soon as possible, and also working on the LADEE. Sorry for the long pause.

Great, your parts are really high quality.

working on the LADEE.

The real one or a KSP replica?

Hey, I'm back, was really busy back then, but now i'm back. Will be updating the packs as soon as possible, and also working on the LADEE. Sorry for the long pause.

isnt LADEE also LDEX, the lunar dust experiment, in that case someone already made it: http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/0-22-kdex-kerbal-dust-experiment/

Well, it's based on the real one, but I'm planning to make it with "stocky" textures

That means it's a KSP replica. Well, in a place like this, you never know if someone actually works at NASA.

For those of you waiting, Stock Parts Pack has been updated (YESH FINALLY) :)

Great. I just have one problem with the Failure Ejection Module - it doesn't support using parachutes, which is sad.

EDIT: I could also just use the radial parachutes.

Great. I just have one problem with the Failure Ejection Module - it doesn't support using parachutes, which is sad.

EDIT: I could also just use the radial parachutes.

Yea, I've noticed this too, but what I do is (It's kinda cheaty) part clip a parachute upside down, and again part clip a docking port onto the parachute, then AGAIN part clip the Ejection Module onto the base of the docking port

Yea, I've noticed this too, but what I do is (It's kinda cheaty) part clip a parachute upside down, and again part clip a docking port onto the parachute, then AGAIN part clip the Ejection Module onto the base of the docking port

Heh, I've done something similar while making Launch Escape Systems with stock parts. A FL-A5 adapter mounted upside down clipping into the pod, and then a large parachute attached to the lower node of the FL-A5. This allows the chute to sit at a better height, making aestethics more aestethic. Then, I'd do some weird stuff with docking ports and an actual escape tower, making me able to launch, jettison the tower at the correct height, dock to stuff, and then jettison the docking port before reentry, similar to the Gemini capsule (except that the Gemini had no escape tower, but used ejection seats instead).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Thanks everyone for the support! But about the Athena II I'm not really sure, because of the use of solid rocket motors, it may send you OVER your desired altitude. And the payload capacity should be little more than 2 Z-Map satellites

I tend to steer clear of launchers using only solid rockets unless they have a liquid fuel stage as the final stage, for fine-tuning. The trick irl rocket makers use for solid rockets is that since solid rockets' thrust is related to the surface area being burnt, they vary the surface area by putting ridges and grooves along the length of the rocket to produce variable thrust per mission needs. KSP doesn't simulate that. So that's why.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.