[1.0.5] TAC Life Support v0.11.2.1 [12Dec]

TaranisElsu

Sorry for not reading through the whole thread: is there a TweakScale config for the TAC-LS containers?

I don't see the necessity of having 3 parts for the 3 sizes since "only" resource amounts are affected. (x64 is broken for me and I'm constantly on the edge of the memory limit)

Also having trouble with 64 bit TAC in RSS.

Only thing that doesn't load properly.

Can you describe the problem? And provide a log file? As I have asked for over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over again?!? Even others have asked for me!

And please read:

I will gladly fix whatever incompatibilites or problems exist when using my mod with the Windows 64-bit version (or any other version) just as soon as I find out what the problems are! But so far, you guys have not given me anything to go on. I need more information. I need log files. I need something that will start pointing me in a direction. Something that will allow me to recreate the issue so that I can attempt to fix it. I need something that tells me that it is not just the Win64 version's general instability issues and errors and bugs (of which there are many!).

I can confirm memory error with TACLS and x64. Works fine until the time you get in the x64 mem range.

Do you have anything to back that up? Log files? Description of what happens? Real data? Information? Facts? Something that I can use to start tracking down the issues?!?

Can you recreate the issue with a minimal set of mods? Preferably just KSP, MM, and TACLS?

No, I tested again today, TAC-LS 0.10 has a problem SOMEWHERE. It was just crashing after attempting to resume a game. Even one just started about an hour before. Now today, I've enhanced my system a bit more with more cool stuff and with TAC-LS installed, it won't even get to the main game menu.

This is of course on KSP-64 though. KSP wants 7.9 gigs of memory, so 32bit is OUT.

Again... where is a log file?

Are there any issues with TAC compatibility with other popular mods?

Yesterday I've installed TAC and my game started crashing on loading saves. I've deleted all mods and installed them again. I've started Career Moe today, played for 2 hours, then I've added TAC parts to my rocket. During one of test launches game froze on loading screen. I couldn't even shut KSP down in task manager(issue with unability to click things when KSP is minimized), so I had to restart system. Now my save file is corrupted. ;/ There were no problems like that before I've installed TAC.

EDIT:

I checked the logs, I think that's memory issue. :/

Interesting.... I loaded a different savegame (a sandbox I use to make sure everything is working correctly), then quit back to the menu and reloaded my main save and it loaded ok.... not sure what's up there, but I guess as long as I can get it loaded somehow...

I basically had the same issue too. After a few days of tracking down the problem, I have determined the problem to be in TAC-LS 0.10. Just remove TAC-LS and you can load your game. Resources won't be used until a bug fix is out (hopefully, in the next release).

Edited by TaranisElsu

Hello,

I've made some parts and I wish to incorporate tacls. I've calculated the storage volume of my parts in meters cubed. I was going to use the resource density to calculate how much resource to incorporate, but I wasn't sure of the units in tacresource.cfg. Additionally could you folks confirm that L (liters), would be the unit for my part cfgs? A side note, only one of my parts contains a cmd module, the rest are fuselage style parts. Thank you for your time!

Have you seen my calculations spreadsheet? My resources use "1 unit = 1 Liter". Densities in the TacResources.cfg are "tons per unit", i.e. "tons per Liter".

Any chance for tweakscale integration?
Sorry for not reading through the whole thread: is there a TweakScale config for the TAC-LS containers?

I don't see the necessity of having 3 parts for the 3 sizes since "only" resource amounts are affected. (x64 is broken for me and I'm constantly on the edge of the memory limit)

I started creating config files for TweakScale, but did not get it working as well as I would like. The files can be found here: https://github.com/taraniselsu/TacLifeSupport/tree/TweakScale/GameData/ThunderAerospace/TacLifeSupportTweakScale (you will need all 3 of them).

Note that it will declutter your part list, but will not help your memory issues because the parts all share the same models and textures.

TAC isn't adding resources to my command parts even though the mod appears to be installed correctly, including Module Manager and the configs from TAC. I have no idea where to start as the log file is too large for my brain to handle. Note that I deleted TacLifeSupportRecyclers before this startup, so that may be in there.

Even though I have zero Module Manager experience, this bit in the MM config for adding resources to pods caught my eye:

NEEDS[!modularFuelTanks&!RealFuels]

Does TAC require Real Fuels? I use MFT already but would rather not use RF and the OP only mentions Module Manager as a dependency.

It seems a bit odd to state that things aren't needed in a file like that, but what do I know.:confused:

I only keep one copy of each plugin and both are up to date.

An update on this:

It seems installing only Modular Fuel Tanks was keeping my pods from having resources assigned to them if they didn't already have them. Pods that started with them (DERP Lifeboat) worked properly, but the stock and Spaceplane+ pods held no resources besides electricity and monoprop. The electricity was properly increased to TAC levels, though.

Deleting Modular Fuel Tanks seems to have resolved the issue; handily I think the mod I had that required it got uninstalled a while ago...maybe.:confused:

Ew... mediafire :(. But yay! A log file! Thank you!

After reviewing your log file, it looks like you are missing the TacLifeSupportMFT subfolder? "The mod appears to be installed correctly" is wrong if you deleted files or folders! Please try following the installation instructions to the letter before reporting a bug.

Because of the different way that I have to handle adding resources if Modular Fuel Tanks (or RealFuels) is present, the regular config file does nothing if either of them is installed. There is a separate config written specifically for MFT and RF (in the TacLifeSupportMFT subfolder). I did that for better integration between their mods and mine.

Edited by TaranisElsu

Having an issue that seems to be stemming from this mod. I was playing normally tonight, and suddenly my game crashes while I'm working on a probe. I figure that's fine, I just saved. I reload the game, and now every time I try to load that saved game, it crashes at the same point (Gist of the log). From what I can tell by the debug messages and source, it successfully adds resources to the eva, but then dies before the next debug message. If ya need, I can try to compile a list of my mods (there are quite a few), though I haven't altered any of them since I started this save.

Yay! A log file! Thank you! I am not sure what your issue is though. I will keep looking at it.

Some things that I noticed that may not be related:

1) Starting at line 880:

d3d: failed to create 2D texture id=673 w=15 h=15 mips=5 d3dfmt=21 [invalid call]
allocation 0x0000000000000000 already registered @ :l297 size 1197; now calling from :l297 size 5?

(Filename: Line: 1134)

d3d: failed to create 2D texture id=3755 w=1 h=1 mips=3 d3dfmt=21 [invalid call]
allocation 0x0000000000000000 already registered @ :l297 size 1197; now calling from :l297 size 5?

d3d: failed to create 2D texture id=3757 w=1 h=1 mips=3 d3dfmt=21 [invalid call]

And around line 3057:

allocation 0x0000000000000000 already registered @ :l297 size 1197; now calling from :l297 size 21?

d3d: failed to create 2D texture id=4095 w=2 h=2 mips=3 d3dfmt=21 [invalid call]
ActiveTextureManagement: Saved 13B

It was right after ActiveTextureManagement did some work. Does that happen all the time? Is that causing any issues for anyone else?

2) This happened in multiple places:

ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.
at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)

at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at KConfigDocumentationGenerator.GenerateAssemblyDocumentation (System.Reflection.Assembly assembly) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at KConfigDocumentationGenerator.Generate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at KConfigDocumentationGenerator.OnLevelWasLoaded (Int32 level) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Any idea what KConfigDocumentationGenerator is from?

3) The stack trace for the crash references CurrencyWidget. Probably not related...

Would you double check that all of your mods are up to date? And it looks like you have two versions of ORS.

Would you also upload your save file (persistent.sfs) somewhere?

Would you try recreating the issue with a minimal set of mods? Preferably only MM and TACLS?

After reviewing your log file, it looks like you are missing the TacLifeSupportMFT subfolder? "The mod appears to be installed correctly" is wrong if you deleted files or folders! Please try following the installation instructions to the letter before reporting a bug.

Because of the different way that I have to handle adding resources if Modular Fuel Tanks (or RealFuels) is present, the regular config file does nothing if either of them is installed. There is a separate config written specifically for MFT and RF (in the TacLifeSupportMFT subfolder). I did that for better integration between their mods and mine.

I tried pastebin, but it didn't like my filesize. :P

I wasn't reporting a bug, I was asking for help in understanding the workings at work here since I wasn't able to find any documentation other than basic installation and basic bug reporting; sorry if that wasn't clear. I was trying to figure out how to streamline things as much as possible while using Universal Storage, meaning getting rid of the models and textures included with TACLS since they aren't needed and yay 32bit RAM limitations. As I was dealing with three threads at the time I guess I mixed up how much I'd mentioned in each of them.

In any case, that answers my question. Thanks!

I started creating config files for TweakScale, but did not get it working as well as I would like. The files can be found here: https://github.com/taraniselsu/TacLifeSupport/tree/TweakScale/GameData/ThunderAerospace/TacLifeSupportTweakScale (you will need all 3 of them).

Note that it will declutter your part list, but will not help your memory issues because the parts all share the same models and textures.

Awesome. Thanks, man. Decluttering my parts list is my goal here, since I have several different mods running and it takes forever to find things, even with parts catalog.

I will gladly fix whatever incompatibilites or problems exist when using my mod with the Windows 64-bit version (or any other version) just as soon as I find out what the problems are! But so far, you guys have not given me anything to go on. I need more information. I need log files. I need something that will start pointing me in a direction. Something that will allow me to recreate the issue so that I can attempt to fix it. I need something that tells me that it is not just the Win64 version's general instability issues and errors and bugs (of which there are many!).

Do you have anything to back that up? Log files? Description of what happens? Real data? Information? Facts? Something that I can use to start tracking down the issues?!?

Can you recreate the issue with a minimal set of mods? Preferably just KSP, MM, and TACLS?

OK, I have put back in TAC-LS just to give you your log files. Got two of them for you.

2014-09-09_084342.7z

2014-09-09_085108.7z

The game shows loading all the mods and modifications made. Froze first time before going black to load menu (Three Kerbals Artwork). Second time froze right after going black and showing that orbit icon at the bottom right, but not orbiting, cause it crashed. Doesn't do this without TAC-LS loaded, so, the problem is deduced to be in TAC-LS.

My mod list...

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157

[D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\MODS]

Advanced Jet Engines

DeadlyReentry

RealChute1.2

RealFuels

TweakScale

ProcFairings

RemoteTech

FinalFrontier

Interstellar

EngineIgnitor

StationScience

MechJeb2

FerramAerospaceResearch

NovaPunch

KerbalJointReinforcement

KAS

RealSolarSystem

RealismOverhaul

ProceduralParts

Chatterer

KCT

BetterAtmospheres

Loaded in that order works fine, notice no TAC-LS listed. Crashes when TAC-LS is loaded last so nothing is causing your mod problems.

That's about all I can do for you. You make a good mod. Cause I think it is an excellent add-on, once it functions.

I am both amused and repulsed by the idea of strapping full tanks of raw sewage to my rockets.

Edit: As for old ships... I'll likely make the old hexcans KAS-grabbable so that I can pull them off my old ships before swapping. I normally make my life support containers detachable via docking ports for easy resupply but a few of my ships were built before I started doing that.

Yay! A log file! Thank you! I am not sure what your issue is though. I will keep looking at it.

Some things that I noticed that may not be related:

1) Starting at line 880:

d3d: failed to create 2D texture id=673 w=15 h=15 mips=5 d3dfmt=21 [invalid call]

d3d: failed to create 2D texture id=3755 w=1 h=1 mips=3 d3dfmt=21 [invalid call]

d3d: failed to create 2D texture id=3757 w=1 h=1 mips=3 d3dfmt=21 [invalid call]

And around line 3057:

allocation 0x0000000000000000 already registered @ :l297 size 1197; now calling from :l297 size 21?

d3d: failed to create 2D texture id=4095 w=2 h=2 mips=3 d3dfmt=21 [invalid call]
ActiveTextureManagement: Saved 13B

It was right after ActiveTextureManagement did some work. Does that happen all the time? Is that causing any issues for anyone else?

2) This happened in multiple places:

ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.
at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)

at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at KConfigDocumentationGenerator.GenerateAssemblyDocumentation (System.Reflection.Assembly assembly) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at KConfigDocumentationGenerator.Generate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at KConfigDocumentationGenerator.OnLevelWasLoaded (Int32 level) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Any idea what KConfigDocumentationGenerator is from?

3) The stack trace for the crash references CurrencyWidget. Probably not related...

Would you double check that all of your mods are up to date? And it looks like you have two versions of ORS.

Would you also upload your save file (persistent.sfs) somewhere?

Would you try recreating the issue with a minimal set of mods? Preferably only MM and TACLS?

Ahh, you found my gist after all. the ORS thing got figured out, but I still get this. What's really weird is that if I load that test save game, back out to the main menu, and then go into my main save, it loads fine.

Hmmmm... where to put a save game... I'll get back to you on that. Edit: Dropbox ftw?

I can try to recreate it, but can't make any promises. Stuff like this usually requires some kind of screwy interaction.

Edit: I think it is module manager that's going screwy with textures. It's probly because I put in KSP Renaissance, which is a little bit older, and took some finagling to get working at all.

Edited by Ixonal

I am having a problem with the calculation of the low resources on my Mun base.

The base has a total of only 1 days worth of water and oxygen. However it has recyclers permanantly running, so in fact the net consumption rate of these resources is negative.

However the time to depletion shown in the GUI still maxes out at 1 day. If it focus on a differnt craft it steadily ticks down and I get the warnings. If I switch focus back the the base we discover that actually it does still have water and oxygen left because the recyclers have been generating them.

Is this the normal behaviour? And other than ensuring I focus on the base at least once a day is there a way to stop the warnings for just this craft?

Is this the normal behaviour? And other than ensuring I focus on the base at least once a day is there a way to stop the warnings for just this craft?

This is normal. While you are not Focused all TAC does is calculate the supposed consumption rate and compare that to the amount of life support left. It does not take into account any generation. If you know that your base has enough Oxygen and Water via recyclers then you can ignore the warnings and focus on it whenever you get the low food warning in.

has anybody come across a situation where all the resources are present in the craft, but the kerbal's don't seem to use any of them?

Using the toolbar I can see the resource management button in the VAB, so i can see that the command pod has 3 days of LS in it, but when launched, the crew don't consume any of the three resources, any thoughts?

Logs? See my signature. If I were to make a wild guess, I would say installation problem -- I don't have enough information to say anything better.

|

V

Hi,

My game crashes when I try to open a game file after installing Life Support.

Tac.AddScenarioModules[FFF8E902][26.61]: Adding the scenario module.

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

Crash!!!

Hi,

My game crashes when I try to open a game file after installing Life Support.

Tac.AddScenarioModules[FFF8E902][26.61]: Adding the scenario module.

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

Crash!!!

Okay, he's gonna say it. so I'll save TaranisElsu the time. Just like the last couple of dozen times... Post the log file! List your mods! Give him some info to work with people!!!!

I mean, come on. Would you expect to be able to call a mechanic on the phone when your car is broken down and say "Why isn't it working?" or "Fix it!" without even letting him see it? Why is this any different?

Edited by EatVacuum

Okay, he's gonna say it. so I'll save TaranisElsu the time. Just like the last couple of dozen times... Post the log file! List your mods! Give him some info to work with people!!!!

I mean, come on. Would you expect to be able to call a mechanic on the phone when your car is broken down and say "Why isn't it working?" or "Fix it!" without even letting him see it? Why is this any different?

Sorry. I thought that would be enough.

I don't think the problem is with TAC Life Support anyway. It's worked perfectly fine on my system before, so it's probably the fault of some other mod. Ignore my post and I'll come back with a proper log file if the problem continues.

Thats the issue I was having as I explained in the post just above. I found that if you remove the TAC LS dll, start KSP, load a game, then close it down, and re-install the dll, you should be ok. I have found that TAC LS has to be the last installed mod to use the toolbar otherwise it seems to go funny.

Ah, that's a good tip! I'll give that a try. I just updated to the latest of RoverDude's mods, which has a toolbar, maybe that's why things are borked.

Do you even read, bro?!?

Thats the issue I was having as I explained in the post just above. I found that if you remove the TAC LS dll, start KSP, load a game, then close it down, and re-install the dll, you should be ok. I have found that TAC LS has to be the last installed mod to use the toolbar otherwise it seems to go funny.

That is so wrong it's laughable. And you don't provide a log file, or any kind of evidence to back it up.