[1.0.5] TAC Life Support v0.11.2.1 [12Dec]

TaranisElsu

I get a crash every time I load or start a new game. If I delete TAC LS from my Gamedata folder the new games and saves load fine.

I've updated my TAC LS to pre 9v4 according to the instructions. I've also updated MKS to .20.4 according to its instructions (with the bundled Karbonite).

Here is the log file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/w9vdp2p9qsnniyn/output_log.txt?dl=0

I'm running 64bit btw.

Edited by JDCollie

Yeah, I'm not so sure now either.

<-- doesn't know jack all about debugging :(

WOW. Well, it seems that I have no idea what is going on. I can load my savegames or start a new one without errors but only if I delete a folder from my Gamedata before starting KSP.

Doesn't seem to matter which folder, so long as I delete one. Go figure.

Edited by JDCollie

I was wondering about cytogenetic pods too, the biggest problems with long missions is that the astronauts would die during the mission. I have a maneuver node that is 66 years out there, and that's not even half way there. I mean they are green like Yoda, but do they really have longer life spans then he does.

I was wondering about cytogenetic pods too, the biggest problems with long missions is that the astronauts would die during the mission. I have a maneuver node that is 66 years out there, and that's not even half way there. I mean they are green like Yoda, but do they really have longer life spans then he does.

66 years? o_O

Where are you going?

Mikehahn78:

I think it would be possible to add a command module part with one kerbal capacity, high mass and generator producing life support resources at like 95% of kerbal' needs rate. It would effectively reduce consumption to 5% that way. Yo can add a lot of EC required or something like that. Waste overflow shouldn't be a problem, it gets dumped automatically. I know this isn't the best solution but you can duct-tape a part like that by yourself using MM and some existing part (more similiar to what you want -> less duct tape required). I also thought about something like that but I never finish stuff. Will try today later.

Yeah, I'm not so sure now either.

<-- doesn't know jack all about debugging :(

WOW. Well, it seems that I have no idea what is going on. I can load my savegames or start a new one without errors but only if I delete a folder from my Gamedata before starting KSP.

Doesn't seem to matter which folder, so long as I delete one. Go figure.

Sounds like memory maybe, post a crash log.

I could add 100 mods no problem, but if I put KAS is Universal Attachment System in the game crashed at start up. The recently updated Universal Attachment and the is a work around for KAS I it's forum near the end. Now I have no problems at all

The MFT versions of the TACLS (v9 pre 4) cans aren't playing very nice with the MKS/OKS life support storage. I transferred oxygen and food from a normal sized MFT TAC life support cannister, and it placed 458 days worth of oxygen and like 4000 days worth of food. However, using just the v9 build of TACLS that doesn't include the MFT versions, the transfers go over fine.

I think the MFT tank definitions aren't getting along with the conversion ratios for MKS/OKS storage, but I could be wrong. I'm also not sure the issue persists with the .20.5.1 release of MKS since I was using .20.3, but after briefly talking to Rover, I have no reason to suspect that the problem has gone.

I hope that there's something useful for you there :) Excellent mod, btw, thanks for the work you've put into it!

Hi I just have a question regarding the recyclers. I have an orbital station with 3 crews and with the smaller CO2 and water recyclers. I turned them on and my CO2 and waste water are gradually converted. However after I've been working on some other ships for a few kerbin days and come back to the station it seems the recyclers were not working while the station was inactive (whereas all the other consumables were being consumed).

is this intended or I am having some sort of bug?

Thank you guys.

I have seen like 10 people ask this question and receive no answer or help to correct the issue. When I EVA with my kerbals It instantly says all of the lifesupport has been depleted. leaving the kerbal with nothing but mono. Possible fix?

I have seen like 10 people ask this question and receive no answer or help to correct the issue. When I EVA with my kerbals It instantly says all of the lifesupport has been depleted. leaving the kerbal with nothing but mono. Possible fix?

Then you must have missed the many replies recommending a clean reinstall, not just an overwrite, upon upgrading.

Question: would installing TAC life support on an existing save be a problem? Should I return all Kerbals from flights, or for example, existing ships (capsules) would simply start from that point on with the standard life support supplies, meaning that I could wait with returning the Kerbals as long as the supplies last? (The furthest Kerbal I have now is on the Mun, so it would not be such a risk)?

@papics - I did that, technically it is no problem (I guess mod needing new save wouldn't be popular :P)

Now, the thing is: Ships that are in flight will not have any LS resources. Totally dry, so kerbals can survive for ~2h in worst (no oxygen) scenario. Lil bit more (6h) if on a body with oxygen. BUT, these conditions will NOT apply until the said craft is loaded first time with TACLS on - until you switch to it or get closer than 2.5km with an active vessel they can feed off air and dust as usual. So if you want to have additional fun, you can just install it and delivier stuff to existing ships as long as you won't need to switch to them earlier than 2h before supplies arrive.

And if everything fails you can simply turn TACLS off temporarily or tweak consumption rate or edit save to add stuff to command pod.

Just backup your saves as with all gameplay-changing mods (more in case of gamebreaking bug occurence) and install it, it is easily tweakable and will not kill your kerbals without a warning.

Is there an option to halt the timewarp as soon as the "XY supply is getting low" warning appears - and not just at the "depleted" message? I've had several occasions where i rushed into a "no electricity" situation at max timewarp (Ship self-shadowing its solar panels) without a chance to correct it in time after seeing the "getting low" warning.

still about Cryopods

Mikehahn78:

I think it would be possible to add a command module part with one kerbal capacity, high mass and generator producing life support resources at like 95% of kerbal' needs rate. It would effectively reduce consumption to 5% that way. Yo can add a lot of EC required or something like that. Waste overflow shouldn't be a problem, it gets dumped automatically. I know this isn't the best solution but you can duct-tape a part like that by yourself using MM and some existing part (more similiar to what you want -> less duct tape required). I also thought about something like that but I never finish stuff. Will try today later.

but it will produce life support for all ship correct?

how to make "pod " that supply for full life suport kerbal, but the kerbal is of the line (not have comand even not countet in Remote tech mobile operation center?

still about Cryopods

but it will produce life support for all ship correct?

how to make "pod " that supply for full life suport kerbal, but the kerbal is of the line (not have comand even not countet in Remote tech mobile operation center?

I *think* TacGenericConverter does work on-rails (when vessel is not controlled) but I'd have to test it to be sure. You can probably copy the modules as they are from stock TAC converters (Recycler_WaterPurifier.cfg etc) but they are commented well enough so you'll probably understand how to write your own, universal and highly efficient one. These modules are universal as most are in KSP (not part-specific), you can add them to almost anything you want.

I *think* TacGenericConverter does work on-rails (when vessel is not controlled) but I'd have to test it to be sure. You can probably copy the modules as they are from stock TAC converters (Recycler_WaterPurifier.cfg etc) but they are commented well enough so you'll probably understand how to write your own, universal and highly efficient one. These modules are universal as most are in KSP (not part-specific), you can add them to almost anything you want.

now how they work... mostly just thinking how to make single pod that will not share with other parts( so i will have a cro pod that has fo ex 4 crew and they have food and a command pod that have own food- dont take food from cropod or kerbals in THAT contener dont use any food but that need to be powered much so it shoulld be something that kerbals in thiese contener use only electricyty and huge amount of them)

i think i need to serch for parts that has my propertis and merge them together

thank u for help

@sober667

This is example module for high efficiency water converting:

MODULE
{
name = TacGenericConverter
converterName = HE Water Conversion

conversionRate = 8.16

inputResources = WasteWater, 0.000022876512176, ElectricCharge, 0.1

outputResources = Water, 0.000019807576966, false, Waste, 0.000004610769896, true
}

I've added it to Mk1 pod (simple copypaste between any other module) cfg file and it works, efective consumption is down to about 5%. Works on-rail and with time warp (thanks to nice and smooth TacGenericConverter code). To make similiar ones for CO2->O2 and waste->food you have to look up their consumption rates in LifeSupport.cfg file in TACLS/PluginData/TacLifeSupport and insert waste production rate as input resource and desired fraction of consumption rate for recovered resource as output resource. Their names are same like in LifeSupport.cfg. Don't forget to switch notation from scientific (1.234E-03) to standard (0.00123). After adding all 3 modules you should have your makeup cryopod completed. If you did that to existing command module it already has storage for LS resources, if not you have to add them (perhaps copy from one).

Let me know if you'll have any issues :)

Is there an option to halt the timewarp as soon as the "XY supply is getting low" warning appears - and not just at the "depleted" message? I've had several occasions where i rushed into a "no electricity" situation at max timewarp (Ship self-shadowing its solar panels) without a chance to correct it in time after seeing the "getting low" warning.

Use Alternate Resource Panel to set alarms for any resources you want to keep an eye on

Is there a reason why the Hitchhiker pod has no storage capacity for Lifesupport resources like the command modules?

I think especially that part should be able to hold some resources like the command pods.

here is my custom extension of the MM_AddResources.cfg skript which adds 6 days worth of supplies for a fully-populated Hitchhiker Pod. My reasoning behind this is that the pod should be better-suited to hold snacks as the command pods (which have 3 days of supplies packed),

@PART[crewCabin]:FOR[TacLifeSupport]
{
// double storage capacity of a four-crew pod
RESOURCE
{
name = Food
amount = 5.68
maxAmount = 5.68
}
RESOURCE
{
name = Water