[0.25]KSP Interstellar (Magnetic Nozzles, ISRU Revamp) Version 0.13

Fractal_UK

It's not that difficult to figure out after actually reading the part description.

They need: LiquidFuel; energy (MJ); vacuum; ChargedParticles (much like thermal nozzles need ThermalPower)

try building something like this

http://i.imgur.com/YzUAwgX.png

My magnetic nozzles are broken, they don't work even if I'm doing everything right! (and they are the wrong size) :(

Whenever I try to unlock something in the R&D building it doesn't register that it's unlocked until I leave the R&D and re enter it. It's starting to bug the living hell out of me. I remember there was a mod in the thread somewhere that fixed it but I can't find it. Help!

So the mod works mostly with the 64bit program, but will not work with the 32bit program. I followed the Installation Instructions, but KSP will crash between the loading screen and the main menu. The 64bit would be ok if it was not for the warning window saying the some of the mods are not compatible with this version of the program, and the fact that when I use research point the icons does not turn green and the next branches do not show up until after I leave the research facility and come back.

Whenever I try to unlock something in the R&D building it doesn't register that it's unlocked until I leave the R&D and re enter it. It's starting to bug the living hell out of me. I remember there was a mod in the thread somewhere that fixed it but I can't find it. Help!

Using Techmanager, leftAlt + F7 may help you.

Also the researchthemall mod is tiny and I find useful sometimes. Don't know if it applies in this situation.

â€â€Ã¢â‚¬â€ I followed the Installation Instructions, but KSP will crash between the loading screen and the main menu. â€â€Ã¢â‚¬â€

It's dangerous to go alone. Here, take this:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/59005-0-25-Release-3-8-Oct-16-2014-Active-Texture-Management-Save-RAM!

on a serious note, seems like you're running out of memory in 32bit, that mod in the link should help with that

Hey Guys,

Does anyone know of a way to hack KSP Interstellar so that you don't have to use those annoying precoolers? I'm trying to build SSTOs, and it's practically impossible to build a nice one with those things. That whole precooler thing should really be an option that you can click off or on.

Hey I have a small problem with my nuclear fuel consuption. It doesn't want to consume any of my ThF4 in my Fission Reactor even after time warping for a few day while focused on the vessel. Some actinides were produced but even after 21 day in use at 95% of max output it still has 1200 ThF4 remaining. Any codes or fixes I don't know about? XqoY6Sp.png

Hey guys small problem

I have my 2.5 aegletes producing power for my beamed power network but for some reason it's not consuming the ThF4 even after 22 of time warp on the vessel still says its has 1200 units left in the reactor with 568 days remaining. Any codes or fixes that i don't know about? http://i.imgur.com/XqoY6Sp.png

Its accurate, you can find the lifespans for the reactors on the KSPI wiki https://github.com/FractalUK/KSPInterstellar/wiki/Reactors

From the wiki:

Reactors can also use thorium tetraflouride, using ThF4 gives increased power over UF4 but has drawbacks in that its output will decline over time meaning that it should not be used for unmanned long range craft. Its increased performance comes with increase maintenance in the form of fuel reprocessing using the ISRU.

2.5 m "Aegletes" Fission Reactor

Mass: 14 t (8 t dry)

Resources: 1.2 m^3 UF4 (6 t)

Core Temperature: 1674 K / 15,590 K

Power Output: 500 MW / 1500 MW

Consumption: 1.04e-3 m^3 per day / 3.12e-3 m^3 per day

Lifetime at 25%: 15 years 298 days / 5 years 99 days

Lifetime at full power: 3 years 348 days / 1 years 116 days

Fission molten salt reactor stats are for Uranium. To adjust for Thorium, multiply core temperature by 1.18 and power output by 1.38. Lifetime will be considerably shorter when Thorium fueled.

Most reactor types can't run below a certain rate (ie they cant run at 0% when active) you can deactivate the reactor, but for a fission reactor a kerbal has to go on eva and move right next to the reactor to re-activate it.

The current release of Interstellar uses TreeLoader for its tech tree editing. TreeLoader is broken, and has been since 0.25 came out. A "clean" install of KSPI 0.13 will not have the tech tree functioning properly. There are also several other things not quite working properly in 0.13.

Deleting the TreeLoader folder from GameData and replacing it with TechManager will allow you to fix the tech tree problem. Alternately, you can wait until Fractal releases the next version with fixes, which should be fairly soon now, as he posted recently saying so.

Thank you for this info. I have a fat load of science burning a hole in my pocket, so I'm going to remove treeloader and go down the Techmanager route, rather than wait for the next release.

------------------------------------------

On a separate note, I'm having some right click issues with KSPi

1) Science Lab: most of my right clicks work ok (I can select the various research options etc), but collect data seems to do nothing. These are labs which have been researching, with sufficient power and crew, for 100s of days. Should anything appear to tell me how much science they have earned, or to confirm that it has been credited?

2) IR telescope; none of the right click menu seems to work. I read somewhere (the KSPI wiki maybe) that the IRT was currently broken, but that was posted some time ago. Is that still the case? I did manage to briefly get the telescope to use a little helium, suggesting it was running the deep field study, though it seems to have stopped using that now.

Thank you for this info. I have a fat load of science burning a hole in my pocket, so I'm going to remove treeloader and go down the Techmanager route, rather than wait for the next release.

------------------------------------------

On a separate note, I'm having some right click issues with KSPi

1) Science Lab: most of my right clicks work ok (I can select the various research options etc), but collect data seems to do nothing. These are labs which have been researching, with sufficient power and crew, for 100s of days. Should anything appear to tell me how much science they have earned, or to confirm that it has been credited?

2) IR telescope; none of the right click menu seems to work. I read somewhere (the KSPI wiki maybe) that the IRT was currently broken, but that was posted some time ago. Is that still the case? I did manage to briefly get the telescope to use a little helium, suggesting it was running the deep field study, though it seems to have stopped using that now.

Fractal fixed both of these. I had the same issues that you did before. It turned out that there was still some old files from the previous version of Interstellar mod in my install. Try re-installing this mod and make sure that you delete all the old mod folders for Interstellar first.

Edited by Rabada

Fractal fixed both of these. I had the same issues that you did before. It turned out that there was still some old files from the previous version of Interstellar mod in my install. Try re-installing this mod and make sure that you delete all the old mod folders for Interstellar first.

ah thanks, that sounds good.

Do you know if there were any part changes in that latest release? I have ships all over the system in a fairly advanced career save, and would not want to lose anything

ah thanks, that sounds good.

Do you know if there were any part changes in that latest release? I have ships all over the system in a fairly advanced career save, and would not want to lose anything

I believe that the folder structure of this mod was changed in the last update. I do not know if that will affect any ships you currently have in the game. I don't think so, but I could be wrong. I think that as long as the parts have the same name that you should be fine.

Here's what I would do. I would create copy of your entire KSP folder, and try updating Interstellar on the copy. At least back up your save game before installing a new mod.

also, make sure to copy the tree.cfg in the warp-plugin folder into your save game folder after you install tech manager.

HELP!!!! My fusion reactor doesn't give me nearly enough power to keep the DT vista engine running! is this normal???? also my magnetic nozzles are broken! PLEASE HELP!!!

p.s It says that "plasma heating cannot be guaranteed, reducing power requirements needed" everytime I launch a vessel with a fusion reactor?

HELP!!!! My fusion reactor doesn't give me nearly enough power to keep the DT vista engine running! is this normal???? also my magnetic nozzles are broken! PLEASE HELP!!!

p.s It says that "plasma heating cannot be guaranteed, reducing power requirements needed" everytime I launch a vessel with a fusion reactor?

To power 1 DT vista engine, I usually attach a 2.5m fusion reactor. I make sure the generator is set to KTEC Solid State Generator. I also add one or two 2.5m batteries, a tiny .625 fission reactor with generators (usually 2 placed radially) enough radiators to get the reactor in the green, enough deuterium to balance out the lithium in the reactor in a 1:1 ratio, I add a tiny bit of tritium into those tanks, (I keep the vista engines full of tritium just for convenience), and then add some liquid fuel and it should work. I'll shut off the fusion engine when I'm not using it. The tiny fision reactors will power the deuterium cryostat and keep the fusion reactor full of thermal power and/or mega joules it needs to be re-started

Edit: Also magnetic nozzles have no thrust in the atmosphere

Edited by Rabada

Is there a way to manually do part upgrades in career mode? I had to install TechManager when I didn't have a complete tech tree and my parts do not seem to upgrade. I have Experimental Electrics unlocked in career mode but my radiators perform much worse than the ones in sandbox mode.

Is there a way to manually do part upgrades in career mode? I had to install TechManager when I didn't have a complete tech tree and my parts do not seem to upgrade. I have Experimental Electrics unlocked in career mode but my radiators perform much worse than the ones in sandbox mode.

The upgrade mechanic is designed so parts on already-launched vessels keep the performance they had when the vessel was launched. You should be able to right-click a part and retrofit it, either from controlling the ship you need to upgrade or from an EVA kerbal near the part. It may cost you a little bit of science.

If ships launched after installing TechManager and acquiring the node aren't getting the upgrade, that would be a bug. It could be the already-reported bug where the VAB Thermal Helper shows unupgraded radiator performance even when the radiators do spawn as upgraded on launch, so make sure you're checking what the radiators are doing in flight and not just in the VAB.

Hey Guys,

Does anyone know of a way to hack KSP Interstellar so that you don't have to use those annoying precoolers? I'm trying to build SSTOs, and it's practically impossible to build a nice one with those things. That whole precooler thing should really be an option that you can click off or on.

I think if you remove "rapier.cfg" it returns the stock stuff to normal, no velocity induced overheat, cooler is an intake with fuel again.

I really tried to dug in this thread for info, but I gave up after an hour.

Is there any way of rescaling the parts with wrong attachment nodes? It looks like the configs were written for previous ksp versions and they are too small. I started with magnetic nozzles, did some fixes (additional .cfg file) and it worked, but still the model was a bit too small - ok, something I can live with - but after that I looked at argon container and it just sucked - huge spaces between the container and nodes. And it's still too small...

plz halp...

â€â€Ã¢â‚¬â€ Is there any way of rescaling the parts with wrong attachment nodes?â€â€Ã¢â‚¬â€

someone posted these a while back, try if it works:

Aluminium hybrid rocket & Argon container size fix

@PART[AluminiumHybrid1] {
@MODEL,0 {
@scale = 1, 1, 1
}
}

@PART[BigXenonTank] {
@MODEL,0 {
@scale = 0.5, 0.5, 0.5
}
}