[0.25]KSP Interstellar (Magnetic Nozzles, ISRU Revamp) Version 0.13

Fractal_UK

Wow, this is an amazing mod! With your mods ability to generate fuel and mine for ore are you planning to make some form of off Kerbin build area, such as a space drydock like in Star Trek? If so, will there be limits on what can be built in it?

Also, are you planning to expand the Warpdrive, such as different top speeds or energy use?

Holy Kraken, large fusion reactors are impressive. Thanks for this update.

http://i.imgur.com/ILdJ3VN.png

I suppose 3.75m thermal turbojet would also be a nice thing to have.

May i ask you how in the hell you got your ship to have the right lift/Drag ratio and how not to do a mach tuck?

I'm using FAR as well and i'm trying to make a ship like that and the wings are absolutley massive yet I keep losing any pitch at about mach 1 (plus i lose all my power)

How are you getting the right amount of thrust from your engines in atmosphere as well, my 2.5 metre turbo jets run out of thrust very early on :/

the 2.5 metre reactor seems to heavy (is your one upgraded, mine is not)

DkFDW0Z.png

Just downloaded the newest version and it looks great other than a minor problem I am having. The OpenResourseSystem plugin is causing conflicts with RasterPropMonitor. It causes the screens to grey out or display problems like this...

http://i.imgur.com/wrOWvf3.png

Any ideas on why this is happening or how to work around it? Thanks

I have had this happen before i used interstellar, press the buttons on the displays and zoom in/out with the mouse wheel

I think something odd happened to the model for the small fission reactors. I could have sworn they used to have vertical brackets on both sides (like the larger model), but now they only have a bracket on one side.

Just hit a problem with the electric generator taking power it seems. The small reactor ran out of fuel so expected the solar panel backup to give power. When it didn't I looked in the megajule power manager and found my ship was requiring 66MW of power :o Every system at the same time wouldn't have needed that much power and even when the reactor was online it put out less than 400kW. it seems when the reactor shuts down while under time compression it locks the effective demand at that acceleration setting even when back at 1:1 time.

Fractal can i make a suggestion?

When you use microwave power (say from a massive generator near the ksc) sometimes, the power you gain is a bit* too much (*enough to burn all the fuel in a second) Can you make a slider of some sorts, to allow us to choose the max power we want (I'm trying to make a spaceplane with thermal receivers and if i switch to liquid fuel it runs out immediately)

Fractal can i make a suggestion?

When you use microwave power (say from a massive generator near the ksc) sometimes, the power you gain is a bit* too much (*enough to burn all the fuel in a second) Can you make a slider of some sorts, to allow us to choose the max power we want (I'm trying to make a spaceplane with thermal receivers and if i switch to liquid fuel it runs out immediately)

You can use mechjeb to limit your max acceleration.

Hello.

Long time stalker, first time poster. Great mod.

Unfortunately, last night, my KSP install stopped opening. It was working perfectly fine, then suddenly it started to hang at the very end of loading the plugins at the splash screen, i.e. while Interstellar was loading. (Screenshot attached). I hadn't made any changes, or installed any new mods, or anything... :S

splasherror.png

It keeps freezing here and gets no further. Removing the WarpPlugin folder from my GamaData folder allows KSP to load, but - of course - prevents Interstellar from loading.

I have tried downloading and installing a fresh copy of all Interstellar files but to no success.

Can you suggest any way I can fix this issue, please?

Thanks in advance. :)

Dave

Following is my /WarpPlugin/Spaces/sci/internal.cfg file, just in case you need it:

INTERNAL

{

name = crewtestInternals

MODULE

{

name = InternalSeat

seatTransformName = kseat1

allowCrewHelmet = false

}

MODULE

{

name = InternalSeat

seatTransformName = kseat2

allowCrewHelmet = false

}

MODULE

{

name = InternalCameraSwitch

colliderTransformName = CENTER_cam

cameraTransformName = CENTER_cam

}

MODULE

{

colliderTransformName = CAM_left

cameraTransformName = CAM_left_transform

}

MODULE

{

colliderTransformName = right_cam

cameraTransformName = right_cam

}

}

Edited by DavidHunter
Added in section on reinstalling mod

Unfortunately, last night, my KSP install stopped opening. It was working perfectly fine, then suddenly it started to hang at the very end of loading the plugins at the splash screen, i.e. while Interstellar was loading. (Screenshot attached). I hadn't made any changes, or installed any new mods, or anything... :S

This is just the standard KSP out of memory problems, try to make sure you have texture reduction of some kind (either the packs for specific mods or active memory reduction) or just delete some of your least favourite parts from your mods and then it will load again.

But I haven't made any changes or installed anything new.

In fact, this morning, I increased my RAM from 8GB to 14GB.

Unfortunately the texture reduction mods don't work on Mac. :/

Nonetheless, I'll try to remove some non-essential mods and try again. Thanks for your advice.

It doesn't matter, only Linux has an x64 version of KSP at the moment, all other platforms are stuck with 32 bit KSP and that means crashes whenever you hit 4GB of ram used by the game.

Tested this once again with new save and clean install and yes, while "ModuleElementRadioactiveDecay" is present in AMI reactor config it causes weird issues, first indication is DRE temperatures either very high or NaN, then slowdown, then either crash or black screen.

This happens after some time, not immediately after launch.

If i either add tritium storage or remove module from cfg everything work fine, i even do not need to relaunch vessel.

Seems like really bad bug...

Which version of OSX are you running?

Nonetheless, I'll try to remove some non-essential mods and try again. Thanks for your advice.

New decay rate for Uranium seems very fast. Only 100 or so days until the 62.5 reactor is depleted now.

If you're testing this based on a saved craft, you may need to delete the reactor part and replace it with a fresh one from the VAB part selector because KSP saves the resource totals in the craft file rather than loading them freshly. If you're seeing a resource total in your craft that's less than one, that's definitely the problem.

The actual fuel usage rates haven't changed.

How do you guys use the impactors? I can't make them work.

I have six probes (each probe carries Accelerometer) placed over Minmus' surface in sort of tri-axial star. All of the accelerometers are activated, pop-up window confirms that they monitor the surface for impacts. But when I crash another ship into surface, nothing happens.

There was this message saying I got some science (which doesn't show in RD center) when I deorbited the carrier which flew the probes there. But since then they don't work regardless if I crash within the physic range or not.

I tried it multiple times using both completely new vessels and quickloading, but nothing helped, not even restarting the game made any difference...

I can't provide screenshots so here's my ksp.log https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxSUXWRJIwcOUGFiNnNLZkloZ1k/edit?usp=sharing

It doesn't matter, only Linux has an x64 version of KSP at the moment, all other platforms are stuck with 32 bit KSP and that means crashes whenever you hit 4GB of ram used by the game.

Oh, dang. Good thing I didn't order the full 32GB I was planning on buying then. ;)

huh? since when do the texture reduction mods not work on OSX(mac), active texture management works fine for me, as do the rest and i am on both OSX 10.7 lion, and 10.9 Mavericks?

Yup, removed a whole heap of mods and now everything works. Thanks again for your advice. :)

Sadly, KSP ain't as fun as it used to be: had to remove NovaPunch and Deadly Re-entry. On the up-side, I might finally get to land on the Mun (I've been playing since v0.22 came out)... and beyond. Might remove TAC Life Support and make things easier again. I really needed the very big engines in NovaPunch to get all the science payload, plus life support and power, etc. on the one lander.

huh? since when do the texture reduction mods not work on OSX(mac), active texture management works fine for me, as do the rest and i am on both OSX 10.7 lion, and 10.9 Mavericks?

Which ones? I've tried as many as I come across and they've never done anything for me... :/ Active Texture Management certainly didn't work...

Maybe someone said this before, but a nice thing to implement in the future would be a tweakable maximal amount of power received. As in, relay option would be still relay, transmitter would still send 100%, but the receiver would be limited. Even the transmitter power might be tweakable, but separately - for mothership/lander pairs in outer Kerbol system.

Reason being if you have some small probes/landers with scanners that use microwave only for SAS or instead of RTGs, you don't really need hundreds of GW there and they also don't have enough radiator capacity to dissipate 100sGW of WasteHeat.

And on the other hand, if you launch heavy vessels using microwave, you would set that particular receiver to get 100% without having to worry that you have only a low-power network for your probes.

Correct me if I'm talking nonsense, but I think such option would be useful.

I disagree with a receiver limit. If you have some 5TW finger of God microwave beam and you fly into it, you better have the equipment to handle all 5TW or its going to be like a moth flying into a bonfire. I understand advanced network could adjust power transmitted to match the demand of a different vessel. Perhaps this could be simulated by limiting all vessels connected to a transmitter / relay to the same power, up to the max available for the network (to keep in line with conservation of energy). That way you couldn't have a craft with 5 DV vistas and a micro probe powered on the same link.