[0.25]KSP Interstellar (Magnetic Nozzles, ISRU Revamp) Version 0.13

Fractal_UK

I have a question, i know that radiation doesn't do anything. but the radiation for different manned parts is different. For you science lab, it is getting 183.29 nSv/h, where as porkjet's centrifuge is getting 305.48 nSv/h and the fustek station expansion Karmony MK III has only 70.5 nSv/h. How does that work, is this external radiation, or radiation on the inside?

Edit: The radiation stats i got was from the launchpad.

Edited by Itsdavyjones
more info

Next dumb question how can I open and close the thermal mech helper without having to leave and re-enter the VAB????? There is no icon for it. Would be nice if it was added into the toolbar mod

Next dumb question how can I open and close the thermal mech helper without having to leave and re-enter the VAB????? There is no icon for it. Would be nice if it was added into the toolbar mod

Hit the "T" key on the keyboard. I recent also asked for toolbar or change of key because it is conflicting if you use on of the procedural mods.

Having a problem / conflict with Deadly Reentry it seems with the telescope. When launching, after climbing some distance, the temperature of the part rises quickly for some reason causing the part to explode. It is the only part that is having this issue.

Have noticed even sitting on the launchpad the temperature of the part continues to rise stately. eg. all parts 15-19C, telescope 150C and claiming about 1C per second.

Edited by JeffreyCor

Had some problems with the physics system and the Large flat graphine radiators.

I had lined them up vertically along all of the sticky points in 3x symmetry mode for a total of 15 around a 3.75 m pure fuel, a 3.75 electric gen, a 3.75 fission reactor, and a fusion engine.

You can watch the hilarity here (http://www.twitch.tv/rizendell/b/500165472)

It freaks out at 18:30 ish, just before 26:00, at 33:10 and so on...

I eventually did get around it by placing cubic octagonal struts between the radiators and the side of the rocket.

Had some problems with the physics system and the Large flat graphine radiators.

Why are you stacking so many of those radiators? There is no need for that many of them, there is no reactor in the mod that requires so many and they are quite large heavy parts.

Has anyone else experienced odd behavior of the Thermal helper? I've put two of the Flat Radiators on my spaceplane (because they are awesome for this kind of use) but the Thermal helper seemed very confused.

Here's what I mean:

Javascript is disabled. View full album

(second image shows that the plane had more than enough radiating capacity)

Has anyone else experienced odd behavior of the Thermal helper? I've put two of the Flat Radiators on my spaceplane (because they are awesome for this kind of use) but the Thermal helper seemed very confused.

If you remove the microwave receiver, you will get an accurate reading. The thermal UI has problems predicting microwave behaviour because a receiver could receive almost anything.

Why are you stacking so many of those radiators? There is no need for that many of them, there is no reactor in the mod that requires so many and they are quite large heavy parts.

using the new thermal mechanics helper, it says that this is what I need to be Green. barely green at that. 15 large flat radiators.

Heat creating parts used: 1 3.25m fission reactor n gen, a fusion engine, the new inline refinery, a computer core, 2 helium tanks, and 2 IR telescopes, and the deployable transceiver.

FvujXsf.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/FvujXsf.jpg

Edited by Rizendell
image link from imgur did not display

How antimatter initiated reactor is supposed to be refueled with UF4?

When it runs out of UF4 it just stops generating power, without shutting down and telling "resource deprived", and there seem to be no way to refuel it. No EVA options and obviously no transfer available.

I am not a big fan of you changing the way the stock seismic record science works! If you want to add new science that's fine but gimping existing science is not cool. the stock seismic sensor generates a lot of early game science from each of the biomes on kerbin, mun, and minmus. Your changes gimp this quite a bit. I don't mind the idea of adding the impactor functionality or adding additional science but please leave the default mechanics alone!

There are 36 biomes that the seismic seismic sensor could record science from on kerbin, mun, and minmus alone. You could, on average, take three readings from each biome before the diminishing returns made it no longer worth it. As I recall kerbin was around 20, mun 60, and minmus 80. Actually I think those values are actually low, even so, if you just took one reading from each biome that's around 3000 science that you just gimped away.

Furthermore you only give vague descriptions and no information on what kind of return on in vestment you get for all the work of sending out probes and then impactors. You don't say if there is a limit to the number of impacts or duration the probes can run. You keep all the mechanics of how you divy out the science secret and vastly complicate the mechanics and then leave people to waste tons of time trying to figure out how to best set things up. You don't say how the data is transmitted back to kerbin. Do I have to have remote tech or some kind of constant data link for insntance???

I just really dislike you tinkering with the default mechanics of the game in terms of science collection early game. Like I said add more late game science, make it as hard as you like but please leave the early game science mechanics alone.

Personally if I do a restart I will not add interstellar as a result of this one change! I would wait until I exhausted all the kerbin local system science using the seismic sensor before you gimped it and only then would I install interstellar. Don;t get me wrong so far I am really enjoying the mod. I believe it's brilliant in concept and design but when you start tinkering with stock science mechanics especially early game science I think you are taking a step backwards and will drive people away from the mod.

Edited by ctbram

If you want the stock accelerometer back you can clone its config, rename the part, and edit the module manager file to attach the impactor functionality to the cloned part. Fractal_UK, please do this for the next release so we don't have to.