[0.25]KSP Interstellar (Magnetic Nozzles, ISRU Revamp) Version 0.13

Fractal_UK

I have noticed that if you activate the impactor on kerbin then fly to the mun, you don't get any science :/

I think this is intentional, but what is the point on landing on a body so I can use the impactor?

I have to build much bigger ships now :P

You can land an accelerometer on the Mun, then fly an impactor straight from Kerbin into the Mun.

You don't need any kind of link or attachment between the accelerometer and the impactor.

Strange.

0.10.1 breaks everething.

A lot of "NaN" are displayed everywhere, starting from deadly reentry part temperatures, vessel speed, etc.

And after some actions, like turning on SAS, screen turn black and game has to be killed using taskmanager.

Log containts lots of different errors, even errors loading stock parts. So many errors that log is ~10 times bigger after game start than with 0.10.

And if i revert to 0.10 everything work fine.

Is it just me, or the DT Vista inertial fusion engine isn't getting any thrust, despite having the sound/animation of a fully powered engine?

That's very possible if you can't power it.

Seismic sensor or accelerometer? :confused:

There is no "seismic sensor," there is only an accelerometer.

Waitttttt, you need an accelerometer?

You don't get science just for crashing, you need an instrument somewhere on the same planet to actually record the results of the crash, yes.

Strange.

0.10.1 breaks everething.

A lot of "NaN" are displayed everywhere, starting from deadly reentry part temperatures, vessel speed, etc.

And after some actions, like turning on SAS, screen turn black and game has to be killed using taskmanager.

Log containts lots of different errors, even errors loading stock parts. So many errors that log is ~10 times bigger after game start than with 0.10.

And if i revert to 0.10 everything work fine.

I suggest you re-download and reinstall. Everything works fine here.

Make sure you delete your old WarpPlugin folder before you reinstall.

Edited by Fractal_UK

I suggest you re-download and reinstall. Everything works fine here.

Make sure you delete your old WarpPlugin folder before you reinstall.

Tried this already.

Deleted all other plugins, tried to start new save... still nothing.

I will try to re-download game...

Add:

Redownloading changed nothing.

If i start a new save and do not load old crafts everything works fine.

If i try to load old save/old craft same thing happens. And it happens only with 0.10.1, no problems with 0.10.

Edited by Lightwarrior

You don't get science just for crashing, you need an instrument somewhere on the same planet to actually record the results of the crash, yes.

Ok sorry about that I was being dumb (as usual *sigh*) -_- I thought you had to put the accelerometer on the vessel that you want to crash :D (because for some odd reason i thought the vessel would record impact data as it hit the ground!)

Ok sorry about that I was being dumb (as usual *sigh*) -_- I thought you had to put the accelerometer on the vessel that you want to crash :D (because for some odd reason i thought the vessel would record impact data as it hit the ground!)

Oh I'm sure it records all sort of lovely data in the nanoseconds between the front of the ship hiting the ground and the device turning into a pancake. Sadly there is no time to transmit said data in that time interval so you get no points :P

Add:

Redownloading changed nothing.

If i start a new save and do not load old crafts everything works fine.

If i try to load old save/old craft same thing happens. And it happens only with 0.10.1, no problems with 0.10.

Are you loading a craft with an Antimatter Initiated Reactor? If so, you'll need to delete the Antimatter Initiated Reactor from the craft in the VAB and replace it with a new one from the parts list.

Please make the thermal manager remember it's position, it keeps opening on it's own in the middle of the screen for me, and it shares the T key with pWings, would be nice if it was instead in the 00toolbar.

If you get the update, I switched the key over to "I". Toolbar integration is something I'll look at in the near future.

Let's say I just wanted to run the solar sail and science stuff- what plugins and files do I need?

EDIT- and how do I fly that thing? I want to make a first-contact scenario with a limited time window, and I don't know how to solar sail.

Edited by Mekan1k

I am planning a few missions to Duna, one of which is a series of impactor probes so I just want to make sure I have this right.

To perform an impactor experiment you need at least one craft on the planet's surface with an accelerometer. You get more science if you have more than one craft. Now I saw fractal mention that it works best if the receiving craft are on opposite sides of the body. If I place 3 or more craft equidistantly around Duna will this be more beneficial than just having the same 3+ craft in a single landing area?

The plan right now is to send a Mars Direct style mission landing a small refinery setup and return vehicle. The refinery lower section will remain behind as a fueling station receiving power from an orbital reactor while the return vehicle will be used to (obviously) return the first explorers to kerbin from launch #2. To manufacture methane on Duna all I need is power, right? The CO2 and water can be mined right there on planet?

Are you loading a craft with an Antimatter Initiated Reactor? If so, you'll need to delete the Antimatter Initiated Reactor from the craft in the VAB and replace it with a new one from the parts list.

Hmm...

This was the first thing i did, but i forgot to do another one - remove another craft with this reactor which was already launched (it had correct he3 amount BTW) . I terminated those craft and everything seems to be fine. Still strange why those single craft i have not even loaded will break everything...

Thanks for the help.

Add:

And still this reactor have some issues.

If i launch vessel with it (even just single reactor) same thing happens again.

Another thing i noticed - DRE temperature displayed for this reactor is constatntly rising, the more parts are in the vessel the faster it happens. If there are ~50 parts it will simply be NaN.

Removing deadly reentry obviously removes temperature displayed but does not solve the problem.

Edited by Lightwarrior

Hi Fractal_UK,

the issue with the fusion-reactor is still there in 10.1.

Here is the example vessle again: http://pastebin.com/3HXvsdEK

How to replicate:

- Use the microwave-transceiver as reciever to power up the fusion-reactor

- After the fusion-reactor is up & running, switch the microwave-transceiver into transmitting mode

- wait until the transmitter has sucked up the CP- and MW-Pool

- rightclick the microwave-transceiver

- issue #1: see the "beamed power" -value flickering very fast from 0GW to 6GW

- hit "on rail" - timewarp

- issue #2: see the reactor going offline

Today i've found a second thing:

I've build a plane with the Microwave Termalreveiver + the upgraded Termal Turbojet as engine and the intake precooler + 6 directly strapped on XM-G605 Radial Air Intakes. The lifting and the orbiting went fine, but the reentry not:

~45km height and ~2400m/s speed i opened the air intaked again and switchted the jet back to air-breathing. After that, i tapped once on "throttle up" and the jetengine exploded instandly. I don't know if it is a issue or if the radial air intakes are supposed to not working with the precooler.

Looking to setup some some solar collecting microwave transmission sat's in low Kerbol orbit. Any suggestions on solar collectors to use (stock and/or mods). Part counts over 250 make my comp kinda pukey.

I suppose, I could just rescale the giginator but I'm not sure what multiplier to its stats should be.

Curse you Fractal_UK and your incredible talent. I'm right up against my RAM limit and this latest update makes me want this mod soooo bad! I am going to have to remove all my non-essentials and fart about to get it working, but by golly I must have this mod!

Just downloaded the newest version and it looks great other than a minor problem I am having. The OpenResourseSystem plugin is causing conflicts with RasterPropMonitor. It causes the screens to grey out or display problems like this...

wrOWvf3.png

Any ideas on why this is happening or how to work around it? Thanks

Looking to setup some some solar collecting microwave transmission sat's in low Kerbol orbit. Any suggestions on solar collectors to use (stock and/or mods). Part counts over 250 make my comp kinda pukey.

I suppose, I could just rescale the giginator but I'm not sure what multiplier to its stats should be.

Remember that once the ship is unloaded the part count doesn't matter. If you have the patience though and need to keep the part count down, just use a lot of smaller craft.

Hi Fractal_UK: Thanks for all your hard work with the new update, I can't wait to play with the new reactors and all the other things! Unfortunately I seem to have hit upon a rather severe bug.

6IRZX.png

It's easy to reproduce, create a vessel with probe brain, FL-T800 fuel tank, 2 small deployable radiators and strap 4x symmetry generator/Omega fusion reactor/thermal rocket to the fuel tank. When on the launchpad, after running the engines for a bit and the thermalpower of the reactors has run out, one of the 4 engines drastically loses thrust, creating an uncontrollable spin effect due to the asymmetric thrust. Or it would, if the test ship had enough TWR to lift off.

Which brings me to a question, I've noticed the Omega and GEKKO fusion reactors have had their mass significantly increased (from 1.5t to 2t for the Omega), why is that? I don't think that was needed, their TWR even with LFO fuel was nothing to write home about.

Edited by Sevio
Replace reactor with generator

Hi Fractal_UK: Thanks for all your hard work with the new update, I can't wait to play with the new reactors and all the other things! Unfortunately I seem to have hit upon a rather severe bug.

It's easy to reproduce, create a vessel with probe brain, FL-T800 fuel tank, 2 small deployable radiators and strap 4x symmetry generator/Omega fusion reactor/thermal rocket to the fuel tank. When on the launchpad, after running the engines for a bit and the thermalpower of the reactors has run out, one of the 4 engines drastically loses thrust, creating an uncontrollable spin effect due to the asymmetric thrust. Or it would, if the test ship had enough TWR to lift off.

Which brings me to a question, I've noticed the Omega and GEKKO fusion reactors have had their mass significantly increased (from 1.5t to 2t for the Omega), why is that? I don't think that was needed, their TWR even with LFO fuel was nothing to write home about.

Just to confirm so I know the conditions fully, the generators are in direct conversion mode, right?