[0.25]KSP Interstellar (Magnetic Nozzles, ISRU Revamp) Version 0.13

Fractal_UK

It's written that G-lens require at least 548 AU. In terms & measures of Kerbol system - how far is it?

548 Kerbin orbit radii. It's a very easy mission with the alcubierre drive but a very difficult one otherwise.

Do the satellite dishes from RT2 have enough range to cover this distance for science transfer?

I'm afraid I don't know.

Also, does the science yield from this telescope depend on orbit height or whatever?

No, science yield just declines with time so you need to maintain the telescope with an EVA kerbal and ensure it is well supplied with Liquid Helium coolant.

I don't know what you mean, I don't see any problem...
If you switch on the Microwave-Transmitter (use it as reciever first to start the reactor), it sucks up all power. Even the power that is needed to maintain the reactor itself. On realtime, after using up the you see the transmitt-value continuously flashing between 0GW beamed and 6GB beamed. On timewarp, the reactor simply go offline.

550au=82 278 828 885km=82278.82889Gm so rt2 dishes can reach it. problem is if need a kerbal to do something with it if u have an life support its not as good to use.

would need a 900gm dish to see far enough with rt2 for it

Edited by sidfu

Nice Fractal_UK!

Just a warning guys, Fractal_UK has replaced the hexcan models so some craft may not load properly, also some of the reactor fuel values have changed, existing reactors appear to load with the new values, but the hexcans may or may not, mine did not.

Just a warning guys, Fractal_UK has replaced the hexcan models so some craft may not load properly, also some of the reactor fuel values have changed, existing reactors appear to load with the new values, but the hexcans may or may not, mine did not.

Existing craft in space definitely load with the new tanks, that was tested extensively. The resource values in some of the hexcans are a definite issue, but I think it was worthwhile to switch the fission reactors over to consistent and readable units even if it means some refueling needs to be done as a result.

I guess its the VAB where you had some issue?

The reactors have a special piece of code within the nuclear reactor module to update them to the new metric but the radial tanks don't execute any plugin code so they're trickier to make those updates to.

Edited by Fractal_UK

550au=82 278 828 885km=82278.82889Gm so rt2 dishes can reach it. problem is if need a kerbal to do something with it if u have an life support its not as good to use.

would need a 900gm dish to see far enough with rt2 for it

So you need to orbit kerbol at extreme heights?

:D cool!

Wow, solar sails, now I dont have excuse to not test this mod.

The solar sails are really interesting, they don't handle like anything else in KSP because their thrust is truly tiny but they work in both types of time acceleration. Therefore they don't make burns, they just slowly change their trajectory as you fly.

Au in KSP seem to be appriximately 13,6Gm, 550 Au this way will be something around 7480 Gm. Eeloo apoapsis for examle is about 113,5 Gm So 550Au is very VERY far. And most powerful dish in RT2 has range/// something about 400 or 550Gm as I remembr.

Well in this case if you have RT2 installed, telescope only can be used with cerbals crew. And of course FTL drive, otherwise it'll take years to get there.

Existing craft in space definitely load with the new tanks, that was tested extensively. The resource values in some of the hexcans are a definite issue, but I think it was worthwhile to switch the fission reactors over to consistent and readable units even if it means some refueling needs to be done as a result.

I guess its the VAB where you had some issue?

The reactors have a special piece of code within the nuclear reactor module to update them to the new metric but the radial tanks don't execute any plugin code so they're trickier to make those updates to.

Craft with hexcans load ok, the values dont change but it does not break the craft atleast. Craft in the VAB dont load right at all some are down right bugged and unusable.

Kickass on the release Fractal. Thanks a ton for all the effort man, I know how much work it is getting something like this out.

Didn't see either of these reported yet; however. The new gamma ray spec model has no attachment nodes and is defaulting to center of model for attachments. Ammonia is still Ammonia versus LqdAmmonia (not necessarily a bug per se, but consistency).

It seems in the VAB I cannot find the solar sail or the impactor experiment (i dont know what could have happened, the part folder says it their, but its not)

Everything else is in, like the new fusion reactors

Otherwise nice update!!

I seem to be having an issue with the AMI Reactor. It always claims to be resource deprived even though I have antimatter, UF4 Helium-3 and deuterium all on the ship with fuel lines running directly to the reactor. Also, all of the different sizes of microwave transceiver seem to have the same mass in the VAB. Is this a Bug?

I seem to be having an issue with the AMI Reactor. It always claims to be resource deprived even though I have antimatter, UF4 Helium-3 and deuterium all on the ship with fuel lines running directly to the reactor....

There is a bug with HE-3 storage in cfg file i mentioned above and it is causing such behaviour. Also this is why He-3 storage in reactor is displayed 0/0.

Also using solar sails is confusing me XD, are there any tips on using them?

Lets say you want to raise your apoapsis, at periapsis just orient your solar sail at 45 degrees to prograde - half way between the prograde direction and the away from the sun direction. You need to consider the angle you are reflecting light from the sun off the sail because that's the direction you will accelerate.

Also, if you're going somewhere further out than Kerbin, it can be an asset to lower your periapsis to get more thrust going outward until you actually achieve the desired apoapsis.