[0.25]KSP Interstellar (Magnetic Nozzles, ISRU Revamp) Version 0.13

Fractal_UK

The last time I checked, the only difference between Wave's ORS and MKS's ORS is the dll. If you've already installed MKS ORS, you just replace the DLL with the one from Wave's distribution of Interstellar. That's the fix. If you haven't installed MKS ORS yet, quickest is just to install ORS from Wave's distribution of Interstellar and then skip the ORS folder in MKS.

So the game side of things wont change? Pardon my ignorance, I was thinking this would alter the resources used in MKS, I'm glad it wont. :-)

Also, where do I find Wavefunction's distribution of Interstellar? Is it the same as Fractal_UK's on page 1 of this thread?

EDIT:

I'm assuming this is the page: https://github.com/WaveFunctionP/KSPInterstellar/releases

Per a previous post, we should delete the MKS OpenResourceSystem.dll and just use the OpenResourceSystem_1_1_0.dll provided by that link. Just wanted to make sure I understand that correctly.

Edited by Kethevin

Bump? Anyone?

I am not seeing anything immediately wrong. Are you using Vistas? Pics of the parent craft would be good. Also pics with the Interstellar MJ manager open on both of the craft would help.

There is only one transceiver on Laythe, well there is 8 total but they are all attached to the same ship. There are no other ships in the Kerbol system that are using microwave energy as of this time. Laythe's atmosphere should be no factor in this for two reasons.

1. The ship worked fine before the update and received all the energy it needed from its parent ship in high orbit.

2. The parent ship (800KM up retro-orbit) is recieaving 5.5GW of power from Kerbin via it's Large Phased Array Transceiver. The opposite side of the ship has another Large Phased Array Transceiver that is emitting at least 5GW down to Laythe.

I need to get some more shots so you know what the whole ship looks like with it's parent ship. I'll send some tonight when I am off work.

https://scontent-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/t1.0-9/10527776_10154419615335052_4976797339952755163_n.jpg

It is not possible to have line of sight to the transmitters on kerbin all of the time with only one ship relaying power in orbit around laythe. You should watch my video on power networks. It explains how everything works.

So the game side of things wont change? Pardon my ignorance, I was thinking this would alter the resources used in MKS, I'm glad it wont. :-)

Also, where do I find Wavefunction's distribution of Interstellar? Is it the same as Fractal_UK's on page 1 of this thread?

EDIT:

I'm assuming this is the page: https://github.com/WaveFunctionP/KSPInterstellar/releases

Per a previous post, we should delete the MKS OpenResourceSystem.dll and just use the OpenResourceSystem_1_1_0.dll provided by that link. Just wanted to make sure I understand that correctly.

Yes. this is my +1 to that question i wanna know too as ide rather not delete the wrong .dll

I had this problem a while ago, and I can't remember what caused it

but my tree-loader isn't displaying any tree configs to load

can someone please share their config file for the default "interstellar tech tree" config? (under saves/*space agency name here*/tree.cfg)

Last time I had this issue some time ago, I simply replaced the cfg file and it was all fine.

thanks!

EDIT:

That is correct, download from GitHub and delete the MKS OpenResourceSystem.dll and use the OpenResourceSystem_1_1_0.dll provided by that link.

Only if you use MKS AND KSPI !!!

I'll see if we can't resolve the name issue with roverdude.

Resolving it even as we speak for the next MKS version. I will just bundle WaveFunction's version to keep things simple since it works in both (at least untli we get an official KSPI release, but even then I think I will stick with Wave's branch and just send my changes there)

It is not possible to have line of sight to the transmitters on kerbin all of the time with only one ship relaying power in orbit around laythe. You should watch my video on power networks. It explains how everything works.

I'm confused since it has worked this entire time until now. I was traveling all around jool using this system and even had enough energy to descend within 40km of jool's surface and take back off back into orbit.

I am not seeing anything immediately wrong. Are you using Vistas? Pics of the parent craft would be good. Also pics with the Interstellar MJ manager open on both of the craft would help.

Here's the video, sorry for the lack of audio. Fraps decided not to record my voice =/

I'm confused since it has worked this entire time until now. I was traveling all around jool using this system and even had enough energy to descend within 40km of jool's surface and take back off back into orbit.

Here's the video, sorry for the lack of audio. Fraps decided not to record my voice =/

http://youtu.be/6G3sz1SCy7w

The thrust issue appears to be a lack of fuel. Have you tried toggling the engine? As you can see, fuel flow is 0.

The power numbers appear to be fine. What you are seeing is automatic reception throttling. The receivers will only receive the amount of power that is being demanded by the vessel, for the most part. This is one of the features of the experimental build.

Are you getting any errors in the log?

Edited by WaveFunctionP

I had this problem a while ago, and I can't remember what caused it

but my tree-loader isn't displaying any tree configs to load

can someone please share their config file for the default "interstellar tech tree" config? (under saves/*space agency name here*/tree.cfg)

Last time I had this issue some time ago, I simply replaced the cfg file and it was all fine.

thanks!

I dug into some old computer backups and found the config file I need from a .23.5 save, and it seems to be working fine, so I don't need this anymore.

One error seems to keep repeating when I am focused on the lander on Laythe. It gives a long repeating string of this error over and over again:

[EXC 23:03:45.946] MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Part.GetConnectedResources'.

And yes I did toggle the engine, doesn't budge an inch.

Edited by SimonTheSkink

I can only assume it is mentioned in one of the last pages, but I can find it in search

I think you missed a zero in the part costs for the 62.5cm inline radiator , I just got one hell of a surprise from my accountant :)

One error seems to keep repeating when I am focused on the lander on Laythe. It gives a long repeating string of this error over and over again:

[EXC 23:03:45.946] MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Part.GetConnectedResources'.

And yes I did toggle the engine, doesn't budge an inch.

I assume you are using some sort of other mod for resources. (I see kethane, which you failed to mention. :P) Check that you do not have multiple versions of openresourcesystem's .dll file.

Also, check that all of your mods are compatible with the current version. Especially if you've tweaked those fuel tanks to hold a different fuel type than stock.

Edited by WaveFunctionP

I assume you are using some sort of other mod for resources. (I see kethane, which you failed to mention. :P) Check that you do not have multiple versions of openresourcesystem's .dll file.

Also, check that all of your mods are compatible with the current version. Especially if you've tweaked those fuel tanks to hold a different fuel type than stock.

Yeah I am running Kethane V.0.8.4

I know this is an older version of the Kethane mod, but whoever made the mod changed it so that it only makes fuel and monopropellant. That's fine and dandy for most people but all this does for me is fill my tank up with oxidizer which weighs me down. The DT engine doesn't use oxidizer so it just acts as a lead weight, which is why I run V.0.8.4

I am also running the latest in KAS and Procedural Fairings

Once I am off work I will check the openresourcesystem.dll like you mentioned. Might be awhile though since my roommate probably wants to use the gaming laptop for web surfing, don't ask. As for the fuel in the tanks, its regular liquid fuel with no oxidizer. I'm not really sure how the Kethane mod would interact with it in a way to disable to the DT engine but I will try my best later tonight. Thanks for the help so far, hopefully this helps you in some way with developing the newest version of Interstellar.

I was looking at the stuff from this and some of it is broken. Megajoules manager is not showing up, and the reactors don't seem to be working. I think there are some serious problems in .24.2