[1.8.1] Docking Port Alignment Indicator (Version 6.8.5 - Updated 12/14/19)

NavyFish

First off, thank you for your service, both to your country and to our community with this mod! It's absolutely indispensable for me.

Anyway, good luck with everything and thank you again for this excellent mod.

All of that, and add "Good hunting" from me as well.

*salutes and removes landlubber self from the deck*

It works in 0.23, I use it. First, make sure the DLL exists in this exact location. If this is where the DLL lives, then everything else should be in the right place.

{KSPDirectory}\GameData\Targetron\Plugins\Targetron.dll

Next, you need to have both docking ports selected. So on the ship you're controlling, "Control From Here" on the docking port, and on your target, "Target Here" on the docking port. Then the window should immediately show up.

EDIT: I'm not sure why there is a space in Targetron.dll - It isn't in the "EDIT" window.

It works in 0.23, I use it. First, make sure the DLL exists in this exact location. If this is where the DLL lives, then everything else should be in the right place.

{KSPDirectory}\GameData\Targetron\Plugins\Targetron.dll

Next, you need to have both docking ports selected. So on the ship you're controlling, "Control From Here" on the docking port, and on your target, "Target Here" on the docking port. Then the window should immediately show up.

EDIT: I'm not sure why there is a space in Targetron.dll - It isn't in the "EDIT" window.

Um, why are you talking about Targetron? That's a totally different (useful) mod than Navyfish's DPAI.

My docking attempts are usually plagued by a wrong target indicator. Apparently it is a known bug ... And while i would prefer to have an orientation indicator on the navball, this plugin does everything right. Thanks a lot!

wRqqBo7.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry if this has been mentioned (and I'd be immensely surprised if it hasn't), but this mod, as downloaded from the SpacePort, breaks the game (major problems with window text and some other bugs). It took me a while to narrow it down to this mod, since I have 18 mods and the problem was preventing the tool bar mod from showing text in the window that warns you of an incorrect install. After removing all my mods, starting the game and then placing all the mods back again, I could now (for some reason) see the text and it told me the problem was NavyFish's mod having the toolbar.dll placed in its plugin folder. No idea why it was there, and I checked the original download zip which also had it there, but deleting it fixes the problem. So NavyFish, you might want to remove that errant file from the SpacePort download zip, if you haven't already, so others don't have to go through what I did. Anyone else with weird disappearing text problems - that's probably what your problem is (just delete Toolbar.dll from GameData\NavyFish\Plugins\ to fix).

Edited by KerBlammo!

Sorry if this has been mentioned (and I'd be immensely surprised if it hasn't), but this mod, as downloaded from the SpacePort, breaks the game (major problems with window text and some other bugs). It took me a while to narrow it down to this mod, since I have 18 mods and the problem was preventing the tool bar mod from showing text in the window that warns you of an incorrect install. After removing all my mods, starting the game and then placing all the mods back again, I could now (for some reason) see the text and it told me the problem was NavyFish's mod having the toolbar.dll placed in its plugin folder. No idea why it was there, and I checked the original download zip which also had it there, but deleting it fixes the problem. So NavyFish, you might want to remove that errant file from the SpacePort download zip, if you haven't already, so others don't have to go through what I did. Anyone else with weird disappearing text problems - that's probably what your problem is (just delete Toolbar.dll from GameData\NavyFish\Plugins\ to fix).

Erm, that .dll is only present in the separate ToolBar folder in the SpacePort download, not in the NavyFish folder itself...

Screenshot%202014-02-16%2014.30.39.png

I noticed your version was 3.01, where mine was 3.0. Thought I had the latest one (checked just last night), but must've missed that digit. Guessing that is the difference - might have been something fixed previously (sorry, NavyFish!). With any luck my post helps anyone who may have done the same thing and had the same troubles, though.

I really wish there was an updater for mods the same as the portable apps updater (i.e. you get a button to check your mods at startup and any mod with a new version shows up in a check list, then any checked mods get replaced with their current version - would be much easier than comparing a bunch of file names against dates and version number in SpacePort). Portable apps are all just copied files (no formal "install" process with reg entries and stuff) and so are mods, so it would work in exactly the same way. Check 'em out here if you have no idea what I'm talking about.

Edited by KerBlammo!

Ha, no wonder I thought that I had the latest version - the version number was not updated in the title of the mod on the SpacePort and it was released just 2 days after the last one (I'm guessing my problem may have been a reason for that) so the month/year date in the file name was the same:

xfUUAjH.png

The Readme in the 3.01 zip still says 3.0 and the changelog therein makes no mention of a 3.01 iteration (and thus no mention of changes in that version). Guessing it was just a quick fix for my very issue, but wouldn't have been hard to change these little things in order not to confuse the heck out of a few people :P

Edited by KerBlammo!

Ha, no wonder I thought that I had the latest version - the version number was not updated in the title of the mod on the SpacePort and it was released just 2 days after the last one (I'm guessing my problem may have been a reason for that) so the month/year date in the file name was the same:

http://i.imgur.com/xfUUAjH.png

The Readme in the 3.01 zip still says 3.0 and the changelog therein makes no mention of a 3.01 iteration (and thus no mention of changes in that version). Guessing it was just a quick fix for my very issue, but wouldn't have been hard to change these little things in order not to confuse the heck out of a few people :P

Turns out it was some kind of hiccup from a little while back, but it must've happened while I wasn't paying attention >_<

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/43901-0-23-Docking-Port-Alignment-Indicator-%28Version-3-0-Updated-12-18-13%29?p=855359&viewfull=1#post855359

• 2 weeks later...

Quick question on a minor issue in relation to Kerbal Alarm Clock, and I apologize if this has been touched on already---a quick forum search didn't yield anything related.

After dropping both the NavyFish and 000_Toolbar folders into my KSP GameData folder, I've encountered a little glitch with the Kerbal Alarm Clock icon in which the icon becomes transparent and I'm unable to move it on-screen. Not a huge deal as I'm still able to pull things up---but when I'm in flight mode the icon ends up hiding behind the warp and time indicator at the top-left corner of the screen, and I'm unable to adjust the horizontal or vertical placement of the icon in the settings. The issue only presents itself when the 000_Toolbar folder is dropped into KSP GameData---but without it, of course, the docking alignment doesn't function.

Again, not a huge deal as I can work around it, but I was just curious if anyone has encountered the same problem and has found a solution.

Please disregard: I just had to open up the "Unlock size and position" option by right clicking on the icon toolbar. I'll leave my post as-is so my stupidity can be an example to anyone else that might run into the same issue.

Edited by MNParkRanger
I'm an idiot.

• 1 month later...

No news is good news. When i do play, I rely on this much more than anything else. Also with a rebind of my I and K keys (Swapped 'em for their responsibilities) I feel like an idiot sending up a LARGE RCS tank instead of a couple of smaller ones. Saves me THAT much fuel compared to MJ.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.