[1.1]Hullcam VDS - mod adopted by linuxgamer

Albert VDS

Awesome! I'm currently doing all my unmanned missions in the probe control room. It'll be very interesting to only have visuals in crappy B/W screens.^^

Have been anticipating the integration into the tech tree. Will it work retroactively on previous saves which already had the cams unlocked at the start?

Great bunch of features in the new release, Albert! Good job!

I notice some of the cameras don't have their point if view actually where it would seem to be according to the model and editor viewport. The NavCam and BoosterCam are both correct, but the Aerocam is way offset out from where the camera actually is. This is also the case for the ScienceCam and WideAngleCam, both being offset way ahead of them.

Love the latest update! Thank you for adding docking cams.

Question: Is there any way you would consider having the camera views be able to be brought up in a smaller popup window view, instead of full screen? Especially the new docking port cam view.

Awesome! I'm currently doing all my unmanned missions in the probe control room. It'll be very interesting to only have visuals in crappy B/W screens.^^

Have been anticipating the integration into the tech tree. Will it work retroactively on previous saves which already had the cams unlocked at the start?

Please note that PCR uses RPM which doesn't use the actual Hullcam VDS plugin to show the camera's on the RPM screens, so there is are no camera filters in PCR or RPM.

Great bunch of features in the new release, Albert! Good job!

I notice some of the cameras don't have their point if view actually where it would seem to be according to the model and editor viewport. The NavCam and BoosterCam are both correct, but the Aerocam is way offset out from where the camera actually is. This is also the case for the ScienceCam and WideAngleCam, both being offset way ahead of them.

Thanks, I'll take a look at it.

Love the latest update! Thank you for adding docking cams.

Question: Is there any way you would consider having the camera views be able to be brought up in a smaller popup window view, instead of full screen? Especially the new docking port cam view.

Not at the moment, maybe later versions.

great update, docking cams seem like a great addition.

btw does anyone know if it's possible to alter the zoom/field of view in first person EVA?

i'd like to pull it back a bit /increase the fov

The field of view for EVA is hardcoded.

Awesome update thanks AlbertVDS, especially the docking cam. Great work!

I'll reiterate a desire to have camera views in simple popup windows (possibly with no gui windows stuff or just a black border framing), but possibly able to be adjusted in terms of size). No idea how difficult it is though!

Peace.

Awesome update thanks AlbertVDS, especially the docking cam. Great work!

I'll reiterate a desire to have camera views in simple popup windows (possibly with no gui windows stuff or just a black border framing), but possibly able to be adjusted in terms of size). No idea how difficult it is though!

Peace.

If at all possible, this would be great.

Great mod and great work, thanks.

Cheers.

I agree, excellent work! Apropos of our earlier PM conversation, it works great with my target:

I did notice one bug tho:

KWQBBw9.png

This happened when I pressed "C" while in docking camera view (and double clicked the view port of course). It seems the overlay doesn't get cleared.

Oh, I also notice that the "readout" of distance and relative velocity doesn't appear if you target a docking port, only when you target the whole ship.

as awesome as the filters and docking camera features are, while I look forward to using them they also aren't things I use very often in the game as I'm carrying out regular operations on various craft. Would it be possible to disable them in the Space Center so that they aren't loaded when in the Flight Scene? This mod now allocates more than 100MB RAM more than it used to under v0.90 when you load up a vessel. I only have a few hundred MB of overhead for my game, a little over a GB at most even under the best cases where I take extra measures like removing planet/cloud textures, so every little bit counts...

Anyone who tries to point me towards the 64-bit hack - thanks but no thanks.

Stupid question, but how do you activate the docking cam. It says it's part of docking ports, but I couldn't figure out how to turn it on :P

I tried right clicking the port to see if you activate it from there, tried using the cycle next cam.

Stupid question, but how do you activate the docking cam. It says it's part of docking ports, but I couldn't figure out how to turn it on :P

I tried right clicking the port to see if you activate it from there, tried using the cycle next cam.

Are you using the newest download ? and is it a stock docking port ? there is a cfg the adds it to all the stock docking ports.

Are you using the newest download ? and is it a stock docking port ? there is a cfg the adds it to all the stock docking ports.

I used the link in this thread, so I assume it's the most recent.

Maybe I did something wrong. You just extract the folders into the KSP directory as you would with any mod, yes? All the cameras that you put on manually work fine.

I used the link in this thread, so I assume it's the most recent.

Maybe I did something wrong. You just extract the folders into the KSP directory as you would with any mod, yes? All the cameras that you put on manually work fine.

But is it a stock docking port ?

Yes it is.

Are you using Ven's mod ? And you should have DockingPortCameraPatch.cfg in a folder KSP/GameData/ HullCameraVDS is where it is, It adds the docking port if you have ModuleManager.*.*.* installed.

EDIT-

@PART[dockingPort2]
{
MODULE
{
name = MuMechModuleHullCameraZoom
cameraName = NavCam
cameraForward = 0, 1, 0
cameraUp = 0, 0, -1
cameraPosition = 0, 0.07, 0
cameraFoVMax = 60
cameraFoVMin = 60
cameraMode = 1
}
}

@PART[dockingPortLateral]
{
MODULE
{
cameraName = NavCam
cameraForward = 0, 0, -1
cameraUp = 0, 1, 1
cameraPosition = 0, 0.0, -0.4
cameraFoVMax = 60
cameraFoVMin = 60
cameraMode = 1
}
}

@PART[dockingPort3]
{
MODULE
{
cameraName = NavCam
cameraForward = 0, 1, 0
cameraUp = 0, 0, -1
cameraPosition = 0, 0.0, 0
cameraFoVMax = 60
cameraFoVMin = 60
cameraMode = 1

}
}

@PART[dockingPort1]
{
MODULE
{
cameraName = NavCam
cameraForward = 0, 1, 0
cameraUp = 0, 0, -1
cameraPosition = 0, 0.12, 0.0
cameraFoVMax = 80
cameraFoVMin = 80
cameraMode = 1

}
}

@PART[dockingPortLarge]
{
MODULE
{
cameraName = NavCam
cameraForward = 0, 1, 0
cameraUp = 0, 0, -1
cameraPosition = 0, 0, 0
cameraFoVMax = 80
cameraFoVMin = 80
cameraMode = 1
}
}

@PART[mk2DockingPort]
{
MODULE
{
cameraName = NavCam
cameraForward = 0, 0, -1
cameraUp = 0, 1, 1
cameraPosition = 0, 0.0, -0.51
cameraFoVMax = 60
cameraFoVMin = 60
cameraMode = 1
}
}

I have been looking for a telescoping / pan / tilt / zoom part that would use these cameras.

Seems that the parts I have found are old and do not exist any longer (old spaceport links).

Is there a replacement for the telescoping mount or what else is there. And if nothing, could that part be added???

Cheers and thanks for a great mod.

Are you using Ven's mod ? And you should have DockingPortCameraPatch.cfg in a folder KSP/GameData/ HullCameraVDS is where it is, It adds the docking port if you have ModuleManager.*.*.* installed.

Dunno what Ven's mod is, so probably don't have it. And I don't have that folder or that file. Is it not included with the download in this thread?

All of the cameras are working great, I love the docking cameras.

I do have a question though, I'm sorry if this has been covered recently but is there a hot key to turn off the readout for the docking cameras? I had it displayed once, but it no longer comes up. I would like to have it as it's pretty useful, and I'm not sure if I accidentally turned it off or something.