[SHOWCASE] Bring out your LANDERS!!

Here is my current Duna lander,

It has 2 Nuclear engines for orbital operations and 4 torpidal engines for when thrust is needed. I love it as I am able to get to most high latitude places even when my orbiter is on an equatorial orbit and it also has a rover :) The rover pictured here is the old model and I since have one which is much more stable hum hum... Only mode used is KAS, so I can just winch the rover up instead of playing for 10 min with the docking port...

fhYHUHv.png

8oXEirQ.png

And also my Laythe lander which doesn't have a rover however I love it because it is the culmination of my last few weeks playing with jet engines/SSTO/spaceplanes... This thing achieve kerbin 's orbit no worries, with some fuel left. 4turbojets and 2 torpidal engines....

It takes off pretty much like a rocket, with a gravity turn started a little earlier.

A4DSbFe.png

p2ONkKy.png

1qBtqw3.png

My current project for the Vulcan Mk III

lJEFVx0.jpg?1

Its still in early development, but that is the ascent stage. Total mass of 2.5, includes RCS jets, 50 units of MP, fits two kerbals, and enough ÃŽâ€V to get back from the Munar surface.

Wow, that has to be the tidiest looking Eve land-and-return craft that I've seen.

Thank you :) Rectangular design is caused by intention to minimize struts count.

If you interest, I have uploaded .craft files to spaceport and posted this lander into Spacecraft exchange here.

Ok you all have inspired me. I finally built and landed and returned my first one man, cute, minimalistic, Minmus lander. The lander has a TWR greater than 1.0 even on Kerbin! I might even take this to the Mun:

AUlG0sy.png

oK0NOOA.png

9ylzvyg.png

Well Heres is My Small Minmus Base With Lander The Lander IS Capable of Landing on Kerbin I just Forgot an Parachute because i honestly thought it didn't Have enough Fuel But it did! Amazing right? Capable of 1 Kerbal Only And has Solar Pannels to Charge itself

Picture:

http://i.imgur.com/9xMqDNw.jpg

Behind the Picture There is An Actual Base but This is a Lander thread So Yea.

This is my MilesMiner that is part of a project to refuel interplanetary ships from Minmus. It can reach orbit then land again. I also like the idea of having something that can move and take off.Its also technically a kethane mining refinery. The engines are attached to hinges from infernal robotics mod. So they aim downwards for takeoff and landings, then come upwards to allow the wheels to move the vehicle. Can also be used to accelerate to dangerous speeds on the ground.

02nq.jpg

• 9 months later...

Well, I'll go digging through screenshots, I have two ones I've been using in my .24 career, newly developed (I don't do interplanetary missions outside of career)

EDIT: Here's the first one:

RmEKFCk.png

Rock'in the old oversized O-10s

Other one's an ion VTOL used on a minmus mission, inspired by Cupcake...s Moth, also designed for science.

Edited by Darthzeus

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.