Kerbal Attachment System (KAS) 0.4.7 - Pipes as fuel lines and even fewer explosions!

Majiir

Made some code changes... Managed to grab the Pipe End Point 100% of the time now, but still have a slight phantom force (enough to bounce a 1 tonne spacecraft up 10 meters)... I have no idea what's causing this phantom force ._.

Can you share your .DLL? And is it working with x32 or x64?

Can you share your .DLL? And is it working with x32 or x64?

Not a lot of point sharing it right now it still imparts an annoying amount of phantom force.

The fix is to make an extra Detach(AttachType.FixedJoint); here:

public void Detach()

{

string attachT = "";

if (attachMode.Docked) attachT = "docked";

if (attachMode.Coupled) attachT = "coupled";

if (attachMode.FixedJoint) attachT = "fj";

if (attachMode.StaticJoint) attachT = "sj";

KAS_Shared.DebugWarning("Detaching of attachmode: "+ attachT);

if (attachMode.Docked) Detach(AttachType.Docked);

if (attachMode.Coupled) Detach(AttachType.Coupled);

if (attachMode.FixedJoint) Detach(AttachType.FixedJoint);

if (attachMode.StaticJoint) Detach(AttachType.StaticJoint);

KAS_Shared.DebugError("Alright, hit none of these detachments...");

Detach(AttachType.FixedJoint);

}

in AttachCore...

Let me just try 4 code compile cycles. I know that it doesn't exert phantom force if a entire codeblock was removed (but also breaks the Grab), i just need to figure out which of the 4 lines is doing it.

Issue is found? sort of? if:

this.part.transform.parent = evaNodeTransform;

this.part.rigidbody.isKinematic = true; <--- this line

KAS_Shared.ResetCollisionEnhancer(this.part, false);

is turned on, the node becomes Kinematic and gets affected by Kerbal motion. This however also exerts force on the previous vessel for some reason. I will experiment around this area.

Forgot to mention, the phantom force is only a problem with x64, I think x32 is working completely fine (unless I missed some forum posts)...

anyways, after playing around with it, i still haven't found the magical combination that lets you carry the pipe around AND not impart force on the spaceship you just took it off of. Some joints need to be destroyed this day. I'll look back on it later. sorry~

Edited by Xrave

ok question:

if i'm running linux do i need the new 64bit Dll? or will it work fine without?

i'm getting a bit tired of looking for my mods i used to use just to be confronted with patchs that say "64bit patch here!" and i get confused weather or not to download the patch for linux.

Guys when I download a KSP update from steam I copy the folder and lable it as vanilla with the version number. Then I make another copy and label it modded. That way when there is an update I don't have to update until my mods are updated. KSP doesn't have stinky DRM to get in your way, so make multiple installs.

ok question:

if i'm running linux do i need the new 64bit Dll? or will it work fine without?

i'm getting a bit tired of looking for my mods i used to use just to be confronted with patchs that say "64bit patch here!" and i get confused weather or not to download the patch for linux.

I haven't tried it with .24.2 yet, but I haven't had any problems with KAS and .24 x64 on Linux so far.

Wow! The explosions that the KAS parts are causing with the x64 build are truly remarkable! There must be a way to contain all that energy and use it to power our rockets!

C'mon Jeb, we have some more work for you!

Wow! The explosions that the KAS parts are causing with the x64 build are truly remarkable! There must be a way to contain all that energy and use it to power our rockets!

C'mon Jeb, we have some more work for you!

Brilliang! :D

I am a noob when it comes to coding, but I have a question; several pages ago there is a video with TimeControl allowing x64 to GRAB without the explosions - and I tested this in x64 and it works at a scale of 1/4 with locked deltaPhysics. Couldn't we update KAS.dll for the Grab function to first lockDelta and reduce timescale to 1/4, perform the grab function, then unlockDelta, return timescale to 1/1?

No, it's not abandoned. Just because it hasn't been updated within a mere week of a release doesn't automatically make it abandoned. Mod developers have lives too.

Also keep in mind the API for altering prices dynamically (which would be needed for the KAS toolbox) didn't get put in till 24.1

Edited by Alshain

Abandoned might be a bit strong, I presume some mod authors don't have the time to update these mods. Would help if the KAS licence allowed forking but it is Majiir's mod so his rules really.

Abandoned might be a bit strong, I presume some mod authors don't have the time to update these mods. Would help if the KAS licence allowed forking but it is Majiir's mod so his rules really.

Actually the license is temporarily open till further notice.

Kneejerk reactions much? Majir said he can't update the mod in a timely fashion i.e. the very moment a new update drops.

Besides new releases are always unstable, the x64 release doubly so. I imagine its better like this anyway to let things calm down and get a bit more stable.

Edited by Galactic Hitchiker

Majiir is maintaining multiple major mods, trying to manage the replacement site for Spaceport, and trying to ignore all the whining in the meantime; give the guy a break.

Maybe shouldn't bite more than can chew?

Look, I don't care for restrictive licenses and I think the ModStatistics thing could have been handled much better, but Majiir's done tons of great work for the community both with his own mods and his stewardship of other great mods.

All the people sounding like whiny children need to relax. Play your old saves where everything works or just give the guy a while to sort things out. He's got tons of his plate just with KSP. And in case you've forgotten, it's a game. Who knows what (much more important) things might be going on in real life for him.

Believe it or not, it won't be the end of the world if you have to go a few weeks without KAS, Kethane or what have you.

I love this mod and am awaiting an update as many others surely are, but it saddens me to see some of the impatient and demanding posts being made by some people here. In my opinion, if Majiir's time table isn't to your liking, then learn to code and do it yourself.

Majiir is maintaining multiple major mods, trying to manage the replacement site for Spaceport, and trying to ignore all the whining in the meantime; give the guy a break.

He's also competing in the Kerbin Cup, and given that his team's current challenge is to create a base on Duna that can survive for a year using all the realism mods, I think we can cut him a little slack with regards to updating his own mods.

Believe it or not, it won't be the end of the world if you have to go a few weeks without KAS, Kethane or what have you.

I always find that right after a patch when some of the stand-by favorite mods are in need of an update is a really good time to experiment with some new mods and gameplay styles. There are lots of great mods out there, and now especially with the 64 bit release for Windows we all have a chance to try experimenting with a ton of new mods.