[1.4.3]ALCOR,"Advanced Landing Capsule for Orbital Rendezvous" by ASET (08/02/2017)

alexustas

I put a small thrust tank and thruster on top and a docking port right on top and when, I went EVA and when, I reentered the tank and port blows off.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/az51lchpdcnu9pp/screenshot6.png

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ndptxbc25oyln2h/screenshot7.png

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2q7dprhrweryo3b/screenshot8.png

Edited by Mecripp2

11/02/2014 - v 0.7.5

• Builtin exterior lights:
    Docking Spotlight
    Airlock Floodlight
    Strobe signal lights (currently won’t actually strobe, but hopefully will with the next RPM version)
  • A new texture for the exterior model.

I love your energy, though I think you should watch out for a known pitfall; adding too much stuff that users could and should add themselves. Some things just make sense, but a lot of things can be perfectly added by the user. The great thing about KSP is that people can build and design themselves and that experience should, in my view, stay as pure as possible.

Where do those wheels/cradles come from?

I love your energy, though I think you should watch out for a known pitfall; adding too much stuff that users could and should add themselves. Some things just make sense, but a lot of things can be perfectly added by the user. The great thing about KSP is that people can build and design themselves and that experience should, in my view, stay as pure as possible.

Part count is king, my friend. I hate small touches like lights and external cameras because they can easily make up 25% of your part count or more. That's why the cBBp Dragon is my favorite part mod. A lander in 1 part!

Where do those wheels/cradles come from?

There from the DSL Pandora rover.

Ok alittle mad that as reported be smurphy34 there's didn't blow up ,I trouble shot a couple of thing as, I don't remember if it's stock or not,I use Remotech2 mod so, I put remote guidance pieces on my craft and the lander can don't like it, I take that part out and all is good ? so why don't it like the remote guidance part ?

Edited by Mecripp2

Hello all. :)

Alex, am I to understand that all of the new exterior lights can ONLY be activated from the IVA view? Because if so, I disagree with that. Mainly because I've never had a functioning interior since RPM came out. Most of the time I don't care because I don't really play using the IVA view very much, I just poke my head in sometimes to look around. But if I'm now REQUIRED to use RPM for basic functions like lights, instead of using action groups or right-click context menus, then that's a bummer for me. :(

If I am supposed to be able to use action groups, than I wonder what might be wrong.

Now, for some positive feedback. :) The new exterior looks fantastic. I wish you would branch out into making other parts of the same quality as the ALCOR pod, I find the game to be a bit lacking in really good looking parts like yours. Perhaps that horizontal hab module that everyone's been begging for? :)

Anyway, keep up the great work. Just remember that there are some of us out here that would still like full NON-IVA functionality.

Later. :)

Edited by Neutrinovore

Part count is king, my friend. I hate small touches like lights and external cameras because they can easily make up 25% of your part count or more. That's why the cBBp Dragon is my favorite part mod. A lander in 1 part!

So, we better ditch all the building stuff and go with monolithic craft? :wink: No, building and developing your own craft is exactly the appeal of the game and why most people play KSP. It would be a shame to undermine that, especially with a part this pretty.

If you have problems with your hardware not running a certain part count or you have other reasons to keep the parts count low we have pretty nifty welders nowadays. You could just weld on what you need and use it as one part. Problem solved! The other way around is quite impossible, that is why I do not like it too much. Apart from all the vehicles looking the same in the end, which is taking away from the feeling of creating something unique for your game.

No, building and developing your own craft is exactly the appeal of the game and why most people play KSP. It would be a shame to undermine that, especially with a part this pretty.

That's what I love about this particular part: it solved a particular problem. When I first laid eyes on her, I knew I could finally build a decent two-stage lander à la the Apollo programme. It took a lot of tinkering, bits and bobs from many different mod packs, and a whole lot of failures. But it was worth the effort in the end. A totally prefab vehicle would have been significantly less rewarding.

I have an idea:

Split the abort button into two parts, the cover, which animates without triggering the abort, and the abort button itself, which triggers the abort.

Maybe it would prevent you from clicking it by accident.

greetings,

Themorris

hmmm. :)

good idea

Hi Alex are you going to release the hab module on the first page PLEASE !!!!!

As I have said earlier

I actually started modding specifically to make those habitat modules, but it turned out to be much more complex than I anticipated. :) I needed to:

* Learn to make the modules themselves, i.e. the models, the IVAs and props.

* Learn how to do the colony infrastructure. (Energy, life support, communications, lighting)

* Devise a delivery and assembly system (Skycranes, rovers)

All of that required much more KSP modding experience than I had, and ALCOR and prior projects, as well as possibly later projects, are essentially training before the big final mission. :)

at this time, "Colonization Kit" project is in the very early stages of development. and not very suitable for use

:( Mate the stuff you have done is excellent and has completely blown away most of the community, even if your colonization stuff turns out half as good as alcor people will be ecstatic it will fill a very much need niche for quick deployable habs

if you wanted to release an alpha most people would be down with that might even help knock some of the bugs out early

Edited by Virtualgenius

Alex, am I to understand that all of the new exterior lights can ONLY be activated from the IVA view? Because if so, I disagree with that. Mainly because I've never had a functioning interior since RPM came out. Most of the time I don't care because I don't really play using the IVA view very much, I just poke my head in sometimes to look around. But if I'm now REQUIRED to use RPM for basic functions like lights, instead of using action groups or right-click context menus, then that's a bummer for me. :(

If I am supposed to be able to use action groups, than I wonder what might be wrong.

Now, for some positive feedback. :) The new exterior looks fantastic. I wish you would branch out into making other parts of the same quality as the ALCOR pod, I find the game to be a bit lacking in really good looking parts like yours. Perhaps that horizontal hab module that everyone's been begging for? :)

Anyway, keep up the great work. Just remember that there are some of us out here that would still like full NON-IVA functionality.

Hello? Re-posting this because, um, it wasn't intended to just be a throwaway comment, there's some questions in there too. :)

There is no possibility to combine both types of animation: RPM-based and the "classic" method.

Therefore, non-IVA version should be released as a separate package.

But I still do not understand, is it necessary to add such functionality as built-in lights or something like that ... I examine the demand :)

Edited by alexustas

Awesome work, dude!

Downloaded & really enjoying the pod.

However, there seems to be a bug in IVA controls - the buttons on the top left of the main panel ("Panels Back Light", "Cockpit Light", "Cabin Flood Light") are visually turned on (lit), but actually they are off. Proly, some mis-configs.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.