[1.4.3]ALCOR,"Advanced Landing Capsule for Orbital Rendezvous" by ASET (08/02/2017)

alexustas

Thanks, those tanks are from AIES http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/35383-0-21-1-AIES-Aerospace-v1-4-2 there is a small engine in the center, the tanks don't quite meet in the middle giving room for it, that engine is also from AIES.

Ah. Cool.

I've been considering adding AIES to my modlist for some time now... Seeing how I'm getting random RAM crashes even with an aggressive resource manager, it might be awhile...

Yeah I use AIES but I've stripped a ton of stuff from it, the landing legs don't have suspension, the fairings are redundant with pFairings etc.

Oh goody... Looks like I'll be fiddling with Module Manager for awhile getting AIES antennae and probes working with RT...

Anyways, back to the thread at hand!

How does RPM show a hatch opening? What do you do to see it?

ALCOR + AIES Arrangement btw:

http://imgur.com/a/lq56M

Ascent stage fits inside the top tank (by design, one side has a flat cap, other side has a cylindrical opening, the 6 tanks clear the center space to allow an engine to fit in the middle, and one of the AIES engines fit perfectly strangely enough...

I'm trying to build this myself, but am running in to trouble. I first attached the tank (upside down), then attached the decoupling ring, then inserted the engine. But now the bottom tank won't attache. How did you do this? In what order did you attach the components?

Will commputer have some special functionality?

This is just a visualisation of JSI RPM Computer, which collects and displays a lot of data for Pilots.

Same with fire rescue equipment, will there be possibility of fire onboard?

unfortunately, KSP can not please us with extraordinary events, such as a fire on board, depressurization or something no less fun :)

Edited by alexustas

Quick question:

Am I right in thinking that the cabin temperature/humidity and suit fans, main vents, all the stuff above the autopilot on the right.. is that all for TAC Life Support or something? I flipped all the switches and press buttons, but it didn't seem to do anything.

But otherwise, I'm loving this. I like the internal lights too, might be nice if they were visible from outside (similar to B9's cockpit lights). Oh and I love the fact it's also a KAS container too. I had a craft in orbit I wanted on the ground but it had no engines or parachutes. Send this nifty little thing up filled with chutes in the cockpit and not plastered all over the side. Very neat addition, I think.

Edited by ObsessedWithKSP

Having a problem where this mod is causing my 'Revert Flight' screen to loose it's buttons, and cause a game hang (It stops indefinitely, but doesn't crash). I un-installed and re-installed all my mods, and this one was the cause.

KSP Log:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fno2y6htkylo000/KSP%20%282%29.log

what you mean by the "this mod" - mod "Alcor"?

i see only one single entry with the word "Alcor" in your log :

[Alcor Lander Probe]: landed - waiting for ground contact to resume physics... 

but no any entries found, showing the fact of proper installation of the ALCOR mod

Quick question:

Am I right in thinking that the cabin temperature/humidity and suit fans, main vents, all the stuff above the autopilot on the right.. is that all for TAC Life Support or something? I flipped all the switches and press buttons, but it didn't seem to do anything.

KSP does not provides us data about temperature, humidity and pressure inside the cab. Almost all on the panel "environment" - are fake:). indication of occupied seats and heating the capsule body are only useful .

if something kinda of "climate control in the cockpit" mod will be created, I'll could use it to display on this panel.

KSP does not provides us data about temperature, humidity and pressure inside the cab. Almost all on the panel "environment" - are fake:). indication of occupied seats and heating the capsule body are only useful .

if something kinda of "climate control in the cockpit" mod will be created, I'll could use it to display on this panel.

Ah fair enough. I still love it anyway, helps with immersion and realism, even if it is all just numbers. As I type this, I have an ALCOR cabin on the way to the Mun and it's so wonderful.. I can pretty much do everything from IVA here.. you did fantastic job on this!

It's being created. Fuel tanks first, but there's nothing stopping the same part module from going on cockpits.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.