[1.2] Real Solar System v12.0 Dec 8

NathanKell

v11.1.0

• Update for KSP 1.1.2
  • Fix a typo in an atmosphere curve preventing Sigma compatibility.
  • Support for Pluton and Charon to use SigmaBinary if installed (thanks Sigma88).
  • Further KillAshley material optimizations.
  • Kopernicus Asteroid support thanks to PhineasFreak.
  • Launch site fixes thanks to Specimen Spiff.
  • Fix an issue with KSPAVC.

Has anyone been having warp in atmosphere problems? Even though it's physical warp (alt+period) game switches to non-physical warp. Engines are shut down, craft can't be controlled and atmosphere is unloaded.

Some if the mods installed that cause this: FAR, KJR, Orbital Decay.

Had my first try ever on RSS today. Great fun! Even with my 1500hrs KSP it took me 7 tries just to get to orbit :lol:

So what are you using for visual enhancements in RSS? EVE, scatterer, RVE?

On 4/29/2016 at 1:35 AM, sDaZe said:

Heres a video showing off Stock size rss if any of you wanna watch. 

Nice, liking the music too :) Also what lens flares are those, they're gorgeous

30 minutes ago, SkyKaptn said:

Had my first try ever on RSS today. Great fun! Even with my 1500hrs KSP it took me 7 tries just to get to orbit :lol:

I'm assuming you're not playing with stock parts? I've stopped playing KSP because it's too easy, but with RSS and stock parts I just can't make it to orbit. What mods are you using to rescale the performance of the parts?

I've been taking a look into ROmini but can't get it to work.

32 minutes ago, SkyKaptn said:

So what are you using for visual enhancements in RSS? EVE, scatterer, RVE?

You can use scatterer, all you have to do is make some adjustments. I think they're on the scatterer page.

Hello for @NathanKell & @Thomas P.

Stock KSP 1.1.2
build id = 01260
RealSolarSystem v0.11.1.0
ModuleManager.2.6.24
Kopernicus (provide by RSS zip pack)
RSS-Textures 4k texture pack
KSP_x64.exe -popupwindow

RSS & Kopernicus generate from start EXC & ERR see:
[EXC 17:21:31.174] IndexOutOfRangeException: Array index is out of range.
[EXC 17:21:31.698] IndexOutOfRangeException: Array index is out of range.
[ERR 17:21:29.463] [Kopernicus]: Could not find built-in texture AerialRampKerbin
[ERR 17:21:35.181] [Kopernicus]: Could not find built-in texture 05_NORMAL

It can be found more, i start a new sandbox > enter in SPH & VAB load stock craft fly a litle > revert > quit & save logs
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9RK2PFOUhe3YkdhVzZ4NGE2dnM/view?usp=sharing

UPDATE:
fogColorRamp = BUILTIN/AerialRampKerbin
Mars.cfg, Venus.cfg
lowBumpMap = BUILTIN/05_NORMAL
Venus.cfg

Cheers

Edited by Blacks

1 minute ago, SkyKaptn said:

Have Space Y, but used just the Moa for the upper stage

6 minutes ago, SpaceEnthusiast said:

I'm assuming you're not playing with stock parts? I've stopped playing KSP because it's too easy, but with RSS and stock parts I just can't make it to orbit. What mods are you using to rescale the performance of the parts?

I've been taking a look into ROmini but can't get it to work.

If you want to get to orbit with somewhat realistic payload fractions but want to keep KSP's simple fuel system, you can use the SMURFF mod which rebalances thrust, masses and fuel fractions.

4 minutes ago, Gaarst said:

If you want to get to orbit with somewhat realistic payload fractions but want to keep KSP's simple fuel system, you can use the SMURFF mod which rebalances thrust, masses and fuel fractions.

It's not that I want the keep the simple fuel system, I just don't know what mod configuration to use, other than RO (which isn't updated for 1.1 yet), that adds some realistic parts/performance.

I'll definately check out the SMURFF mod, thanks for the suggestion!

5 minutes ago, SpaceEnthusiast said:

It's not that I want the keep the simple fuel system, I just don't know what mod configuration to use, other than RO (which isn't updated for 1.1 yet), that adds some realistic parts/performance.

I can +1 SMURFF as well. Realism Overhaul is too much for me at times, SMURFF + FAR are a great combo if you want to play around in the Real Solar System without getting super serious with RO. I highly recommend using Space Y for larger parts, but that's just me being a huge Space Y fanboy. :D

Edited by Porter_John

4 minutes ago, SpaceEnthusiast said:

The other big non-RO configurations is the Stockalike RF Engines configs for Real Fuels; it is directly derived from RO, but it's a standalone mod (doesn't require the whole RO package). Rebalances all stock engines (and a lot of engines for various mods) and adds real life fuels to KSP (like RO). RF is updated for 1.1 but the configs are not updated for the latest RF.

Edited by Gaarst

39 minutes ago, Gaarst said:

The other big non-RO configurations is the Stockalike RF Engines configs for Real Fuels; it is directly derived from RO, but it's a standalone mod (doesn't require the whole RO package). Rebalances all stock engines (and a lot of engines for various mods) and adds real life fuels to KSP (like RO). RF is updated for 1.1 but the configs are not updated for the latest RF.

Another cool suggestion I'll definately be checking out. Seems like the mod dev is working on an update right now.

Edited by SpaceEnthusiast

1 hour ago, Gaarst said:

Tried SMURFF. Previous orbits left me with 300dV. Now I have 3900dV with the same ascent parameters after installation.

BTW, I was astounded that RSS uses just 2,2 GB memory with 8192 textures and a bunch of other mods.

2 hours ago, pingopete said:

Nice, liking the music too :) Also what lens flares are those, they're gorgeous

Thanks!

Its this mans amazing mod :D

13 minutes ago, Gazpar said:

I have low fps and stuttering with this mod. I have tried all textures but nothing solves it. Any ideas how to fix this?

You've provided no info about your setup, no info about your system. Not even which KSP or mod version your using, or OS. Without fundamental info, our blind guesses wouldn't help.

21 minutes ago, stratochief66 said:

You've provided no info about your setup, no info about your system. Not even which KSP or mod version your using, or OS. Without fundamental info, our blind guesses wouldn't help.

Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.00GHz

16GB DDR3 @ 798MHz
Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. H97M-D3H

465GB Western Digital WDC WD5000AAKX-001CA0 ATA Device (SATA)   
1863GB Western Digital WDC WD2003FZEX-00Z4SA0 ATA Device (SATA)

2048MBATI AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1

Latest KSP version. Latest RSS mod with 8000 textures.

I have already fixed it. It seems that using old saves with the mod causes that problem.

Edited by Gazpar

Just now, oguz said:

As for my FPS problem, it somehow fixed after new patch. Now i get instant 60fps like i get in native KSP.. Yay ! :D

Same. I love the 8192 textures too. 64-bit is great :D

Hello and beware it's newbie-alert.

I got an issue and I'm not sure if it's Planet Shine or RSS.

Just check these screenshots, they show the issue clearly:

Spoiler

ELAeISh.png

m2flEBe.png

I posted this on the threads for PS and RSS.

Edit:

I recognized something.

When I start the game and directly load the last save, it's okay.

When I exit to main menu, change any graphics setting (back and forth), apply, accept and load the save game again, this issue occurs...

It also happens just entering the VAB and leaving it...

I tried -force-opengl and -force-d3d11, with and without -popupwindow, with FULLSCREEN = True and FULLSCREEN = False ...

Also hovering the mouse cursor over the several buildings shows me that they're showing the tool tips of other buildings, so something is misaligned...

Edited by Gordon Dry

3 hours ago, Gaarst said:

Alright, a few hours later and I got RSS working with rebalanced engines (went with Real Fuels, which told me install Real Plumes also). Added scatterer for the beautiful effects (I can't stop gawking at that beautiful WATER). Procedural parts and fairings for the pretty rockets.

I've been looking around for some purely aesthetic mods, but to the best of my knowledge both EVE and RVE aren't working yet. Does anyone have a working mod that adds clouds of anything?

Thanks very much to anyone who's recommended some mods!

Edited by SpaceEnthusiast

16 minutes ago, SpaceEnthusiast said:

I've been looking around for some purely aesthetic mods, but to the best of my knowledge both EVE and RVE aren't working yet. Does anyone have a working mod that adds clouds of anything?

Both EVE and RVE are working.  Try following and asking on their topics.