[1.2] Real Solar System v12.0 Dec 8

NathanKell

26 minutes ago, alastairphysick said:

Hi after installing Rss and all the dependancys to go with it and Realism Overhaul i have a weird bug where im not generating any power and power is getting consumed with even when my rcs and sas is switched off in a manned ship. I've since installed ampyear to try to find the power hungry culprit but ampyear shows me that i have over 200 electrical charge compared to consumption but yet the timer showing how long i have power left still keeps going down and batterys keep dying. My only work around is to use the power cheat but ruins immersion for me. I have tried for 2-3 days and many hours to fix this with no luck as yet. :(

1 hour ago, Gooner said:

Hi after installing Rss and all the dependancys to go with it and Realism Overhaul i have a weird bug where im not generating any power and power is getting consumed with even when my rcs and sas is switched off in a manned ship. I've since installed ampyear to try to find the power hungry culprit but ampyear shows me that i have over 200 electrical charge compared to consumption but yet the timer showing how long i have power left still keeps going down and batterys keep dying. My only work around is to use the power cheat but ruins immersion for me. I have tried for 2-3 days and many hours to fix this with no luck as yet. :(

You should post an example of the simplest craft where you experience this, esp parts used for power generation. 

Be aware that in Realism Overhaul that you have power draw for command pods (simulating equipment and life support drain). Also be aware that solar panels provide less power than in stock KSP. Batteries store more. So you may not have as much power generation as you thought you did.

As a semi test i went a little over the top with solar panels im using 3 rows of 8 ST2 solar panels on just 2x 1.25 fuselage and uses a alimetry rader 1 mystery goo container, 1 thermometer, comunotron , science junior, small inline reaction wheel, agena avioics package, presmatt barometer and a z100 battery. Even when all equipment off (including sas) and the panels pointing towards the sun, i still get energy drain.

On 5/17/2016 at 4:16 PM, Einkleinermensch said:

I'm pretty sure that it's a platinum question, but anyway, is there any chance to have normal axial tilts support for celestial bodies in KSP in the near future? Or this changes Squad don't want to implement at all? I see already two opinions about simulating tilts in RSS between modmakers and that is a bit confusing.

From what I remember, it's an issue with the unity engine that forces all orbital bodies to have the same axial tilt.  I don't know if that's still the case now that we're on Unity 5.

2 hours ago, rsparkyc said:

From what I remember, it's an issue with the unity engine that forces all orbital bodies to have the same axial tilt.  I don't know if that's still the case now that we're on Unity 5.

No, there are several answers about this from developers. The only problem is that some ingame things are hardcoded to Kerbin's 0 axial tilt so they need to change more code than they want.

30 minutes ago, Einkleinermensch said:

No, there are several answers about this from developers. The only problem is that some ingame things are hardcoded to Kerbin's 0 axial tilt so they need to change more code than they want.

Cool, this would be great to see implemented.

I broke and fixed my game. The following can possibly help, both development, and users seeking a solution.

This situation, involved HyperEdit, Galactic Neighborhood, and JoolTylo and PlutoCharon (but not JoolTyloOrbit or PlutoCharonOrbit).

The problem, involved the NavBall and OrbitalMap, which would FREAK OUT if you get within any gravitational influence of a body that has an unstable orbital point shared with another body (this can include other bodies with similar situations).

Troubleshooting my own problem (knowing nobody else would touch this issue because "multiple mods involved"), I discovered the solution myself.

The solution, to stop the freak-out, is to use HyperEdit button, the Planet Editor button, select JoolTylo or PlutoCharon from the list, change the numbers in the "gravitational multiplier" field, from 15x10e15 or whatever crazy thing it is, to 0.

Whatever controls the planets themselves, isn't affected by this, and this fixes the freak-out. I will post this to all mod threads that are affected. Thank you.

Is there a good mod that allows just stock parts to get into a nice orbit or even bring me to te moon

not SMURFF it does not work good enough for me i just want to use the stock rockets and fuel tanks to get me too the mun

i also do not want to use realism overhaul it crashes and its way too complex for me.

11 minutes ago, Onesmallstep said:

Is there a good mod that allows just stock parts to get into a nice orbit or even bring me to te moon

not SMURFF it does not work good enough for me i just want to use the stock rockets and fuel tanks to get me too the mun

i also do not want to use realism overhaul it crashes and its way too complex for me.

As far as I see it SMURFF is for stock parts only and lets you make exactly what you're asking for. Unless by "stock rockets" you mean the prebuilt craft in the VAB

8 minutes ago, Theysen said:

As far as I see it SMURFF is for stock parts only and lets you make exactly what you're asking for. Unless by "stock rockets" you mean the prebuilt craft in the VAB

Yes i want to use a craft from the vab because i am a bit lazy sometimes and i build lots of rockets but they got deleted by the updates and also can i use mechjeb??

12 minutes ago, Onesmallstep said:

Yes i want to use a craft from the vab because i am a bit lazy sometimes and i build lots of rockets but they got deleted by the updates and also can i use mechjeb??

This might be your best bet...

17 minutes ago, pap1723 said:
17 minutes ago, pap1723 said:

Yes i tried it i used it very long but i got tired of it i think i am just going to use smurff thanks for the info !

I haven't played with RSS in more than a year, but I decided to pick it back up again. I distinctly remember that all the orbits of the planets (and the Moon) were heavily tilted (to simulate Earth's axial tilt). However, upon installing RSS a few days ago and playing with it, I realized that this was no longer the case- it now seems to be acting as if Earth has no axial tilt at all, like Kerbin. Looking back a few pages, it seems like someone else might have this problem too.

This is just a hunch, but I'm wondering if it might have something to do with installing RSS-Expanded? Or not clearing the Kopernicus cache, or something like that. I will try removing and doing a fresh install of Kopernicus, then RSS, then see if it works- then install RSS-Expanded and see if it changes anything.

EDIT: It's RSS-Expanded that causes the problem- not regular RSS. I'll bring it up in that thread if it hasn't been already, but I'll leave this here in case anyone else has this problem.

Edited by HerrGeneral

Hi Guys, i have a little Problem. The Time in the Game seems to be wrong. I installed Realism Overhaul, Real Solar System and Kerbal Alarm Clock today. Sunrise is about 11:30 to 12:00 o Clock and the Sunset is about at 22:00 o Clock. In the Settings it shows Earth Time. Very weird because the Night goes on for 14 hours and the Day only for about 8 hours. Some Ideas?

Greetings

1 hour ago, HitmanEyE said:

Hi Guys, i have a little Problem. The Time in the Game seems to be wrong. I installed Realism Overhaul, Real Solar System and Kerbal Alarm Clock today. Sunrise is about 11:30 to 12:00 o Clock and the Sunset is about at 22:00 o Clock. In the Settings it shows Earth Time. Very weird because the Night goes on for 14 hours and the Day only for about 8 hours. Some Ideas?

Greetings

It's winter at that launch site, and it's west of GMT.

22 hours ago, Theysen said:

22 hours ago, Onesmallstep said:

If you want to use "stock parts only", as in no part mods (at least, none that give you big rocket parts), you're probably better off getting ROMini.  You'll need parts bigger than 3.75 m if you want to do large interplanetary missions in RSS, so you'll need to get something like SpaceY or KW, or scale parts up directly.

26 minutes ago, Kerbas_ad_astra said:

If you want to use "stock parts only", as in no part mods (at least, none that give you big rocket parts), you're probably better off getting ROMini.  You'll need parts bigger than 3.75 m if you want to do large interplanetary missions in RSS, so you'll need to get something like SpaceY or KW, or scale parts up directly.

Cool thank's it looks very cool i will give it a try !

1 hour ago, Kerbas_ad_astra said:

i am trying to install it but where do i need to put this stuff ?