[1.2] Real Solar System v12.0 Dec 8

NathanKell

I'm having a funny problem with the config file that makes the real solar system kerbal sized. (http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/55145-0-23-5-Real-Solar-System-v6-4-7-14?p=1081820&viewfull=1#post1081820)

Kerbin isn't getting the full texture treatment (not sure about the other objects). Basically it's getting the stock bitmap applied to a height map of Earth. Pretty weird. (I'm using RSSTextures4096DDS.zip)

EDIT: Just tried the 2K version and the same thing is going on.

Also, I consistently get attacked by the kraken when I warp greater than 100,000X. The event log says I collided with the launchpad (or the flag pole!) even when I'm in deep space! ... is up with that?? :)

EDIT2: OK, weird, this time around the kraken didn't mind going 1M X. But I can confirm the texture is wrong for Mars/Duna too.

Edited by capran

Nathan I am also seeing that not all the color maps are getting applied every time the. Often I get the same bodies that look like their real counter parts (Demios, Phobos, Pluto, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus), but some still look stock (Moho, Kerbin, Eve, and Laythe) the rest of the moons I think are correct, but as I don't often visit Jool I couldn't really say for sure. I would also like to add that I launched both with and without braininator's extras to no noticeable effect (I have had good and bad loads both with and with out the extras). This was with the 4K pack.

EDIT: Strike this. Looks like plain old user error on my part. As I was testing then adding in braininator's extras, I started grabbing the wrong configs. Sometime I was getting the config from 8.3 and sometimes grabbing the config from 8.2. :blush:

I have corrected my chair-keyboard interface and all is working quite well.

Edited by smartdummies

Nathan,

Want to give a big thanks for the DDS files. Running in RO with required, highly reccomended, KW, FASA, and still at only 1.8 GB of ram using open gl (2.4 GB not using open gl). I will be upgrading some of my textures to 8K for the first time finally. Thanks!!!

Nathan, I have a question for a future update... First a little background the. I served for 8 years in the U.S. Army in air/missile defense, I watched launches out of Kasputin Yar, Yasny an other sites, including Taepodong. So you can imagine how tickled I was to be able to launch out of Yasny and Kasputin Yar. Would it be possible to put the Taepodong, NK facility in a future update of this?

Thank you for your hard work with this mod!

I believe I have found an issue... My poor kerbal died on the launch pad due to G-forces... of his unlaunched rocket... not sure what's going on but the ship`s cm fuel tanks seem to be orbitting said ahip as well.... might be an issue with proc fairings as well....

Klankheed Marcus: Yep. You can get everything back through .23.5 on the repo's releases page. Let me know if you need something earlier, versions go back to .22.

Fizwalker: Awesome! Adding launch sites is very easy! Just copy and paste a site in LaunchSites.cfg, change its id and name, give it new latitude and longitude and elevation, and test it. If the numbers are off, tweak. Here's some docs on the parameters.

As to the issue...pics? log/craft/modlist?

Nathan,

If you still need her is the log from the bad load (using the config directly from braininator's download in the OP) https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/34786356/RSS/output_log_bad.zip

Good load using the 8.3 config file with the additional entries from braininator copied in (this is the config from my earlier post) https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/34786356/RSS/output_log_good.zip

This is very consistent. Using the config from 8.2 results in the bad load where Kerbin, Moho, Eve, Duna, Ike and Laythe consistintly do not get the color maps and look like the stock versions. This is with the 4K pack and the behavior remains the same with the 2K and with or without braininator's extras.

EDIT: Also this is a fresh install with only RSS added.

Edited by smartdummies

In 8.3 every instance of SSColor32 in the RealSolarSystem.cfg file was changed to SSColor for consistency. That means that any patch that does @SSColor32 will fail. That's presumably what it is. Any patches for RSS need to be updated to always use SSColor.

capran: can you tell me which texture pack you're using?

I've tried all 3. The 8K pack locks up part way through the RSS status window, but the 4K and 2K load up and have the same bug. If I put the original RealSolarSystem.cfg file in, it textures things as intended.

I'm going to take a side by side look at the cfgs, just to see if I can find something. I only have a novice grasp of how the mods work though!

EDIT: Tried some editing, comparing the two configs, but I only made things worse (Kerbin had no atmosphere and weird gravity, tried changing the radius and rotation periods :)

Here's a screenie (using the original RealSolarSystemSmall.cfg): https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/18328261/2014-12-06_00001.jpg

Edited by capran

I apologize, I have not not updated it in some time. I was waiting for a patch from Kopernikus. If it is no longer compatable I will release a new version soon.

Edit: I have added my addition to the config to the new RSS config. Do I need to change my part into DDS or anything for it to work or I can I release the test config now for an immediate patch?

Edited by braininator

Braininator I have been playing with your pack by just copying in your new planets and moon into the 8.3 config file without issue. If you could convert the graphics to DDS that would be most awesome but it is not required for everything to work.

Is it possible to use FAR and RSS with non-procedural fairings? I don't know how else to emulate the giant hole in one part of the Vostok/Voskhod fairings from the real space probes pack. Or the Syouz style LES system. Or proper payload bases for Sputniks I-III