[1.1.2][1-1-2] May 13-2016 EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements

rbray89

I desperately hope Squad can get us over the memory limit. I'm at a point where I have to pass up mods because I'm maxed out and some of my missions, once competed, crashes the program. Thankfully when I reload, the Kerbals and the landed vehicles are still there. I just mention this, because so much amazing texture work and I have to miss half of it.

I desperately hope Squad can get us over the memory limit. I'm at a point where I have to pass up mods because I'm maxed out and some of my missions, once competed, crashes the program. Thankfully when I reload, the Kerbals and the landed vehicles are still there. I just mention this, because so much amazing texture work and I have to miss half of it.

I assume you are running with my texture management mod?

So This looks really nice and I'm running at 2.5gb on task manager

Will it A: run less smoothly with this mod? B:Cause a crash?

(I am using your texture compressor mod)

Thanks in advance :)

You shouldn't notice any performance or huge memory issues at 2.5GB. You may consider using the lower res version though to be safe.

I'm not sure how to use this mod; I downloaded and extracted it into my GameData folder but none of the clouds or city lights have shown up. Do I need to download a specific texture pack? Or do I need an additional mod to get this to work? If someone could help me out that would be great

the directory structure should be KSP/GameData/BoulderCo/...

if it doesn't look like this, you need to fix it.

Two questions

First, a feature request: Is there a way you could integrate the GUI into the Toolbar API mod?

Second, can I just remove the files relevant to the city lights to just have the clouds?

Two questions

First, a feature request: Is there a way you could integrate the GUI into the Toolbar API mod?

Second, can I just remove the files relevant to the city lights to just have the clouds?

Not dev so can't answer first question, second yes you can. Delete the city lights folder and you'll only have clouds.

Well, this plugin don't operate in my KSP 0.23. Why is that happening? Do I need to download the source and the license?

source and license dont have to be installed. as a rule of thumb best to not ever enstall the source as ive had times the game loaded both the mod and souce so basicaly mod would load twice.

I never really liked kerbin clouds.. they seemed samehow dirty and grim.

But astronomerpack changed that. Now its just perfect. Kerbin looks like jewel in they sky.. its most beautifull on high orbit. SOmetimes when im on escape trajectory i slow down time warp and watch it slowly (well still under timewarp) rotating. Its just brand new planet with these clouds.

6zIaeFd.png

bT2K1do.png

wouldnt it be possible to had a random clouds layer? that way couldnt borealus be done without them being constant. basicaly only way i think to do it is would be it can randomly appear when u load a new scene say to another ship or enter the vab

Edited by sidfu

For some reason this plugin delete the clouds and auroras from "sido's Urania planet plack v6" i think the conflict is in the "cloudlayers.cfg" and "usercloudlayers.cfg" that both mods contains. try to chance it by copy/paste the extra part from sidos in your only to find id didnt have any effect...

EDIT: i run the 2 pairs each trough a comparison program called ''winmerge'', i menage to get the aurora rings on kerbal (did kerbal have them two lolz XD) and some clouds on urania but the rest still wount butch.

my theory is that it is in the diffrenchy betwin your and mr.boulder codeing i dicovert well comparing the 2pairs of files.

aldo i tryed studing your coding way, i whos not a programer couldnt figure out how it was done...i can aldo send you the two files modified from the oritinals from your plugin.

Edited by Golum_mechanic

Hello there. I have a problem with the new version.

Today i updated all mods i use and when i updated this one the game didnt load. Well ok it load but... the highres version load kerbin1 for minutes (then i ended the game), and the lowres version loads fine, but after loading screen ends the game just closes. The old (some versions back i guess) version and all other mods run just fine, but i want to have the better clouds that astronomer did. So i have to get the new version to work :P

Hopefully u lived my english skills until now.

I dont know how to properly tell u my errors so i uploaded the file: http://www23.zippyshare.com/v/10863220/file.html

Thats the error which occurs when the losres pack closes the game after loading screen. The highres pack dont give me an error... because well it didnt crash it just never finished loading^^