[1.0.x (partial)] Atmospheric Sound Enhancement v2.2 (2015-05-05)

pizzaoverhead

• 2 weeks later...

sorry to poke it with a stick, but @Beetlecat, I looked back one page... and I'm still not sure if its .90 compatible.. could I get a strait Yes/No answer from someone on .90 compatibility? This mod seems really awesome and I'd love to use it if it is .90 compatible!

sorry to poke it with a stick, but @Beetlecat, I looked back one page... and I'm still not sure if its .90 compatible.. could I get a strait Yes/No answer from someone on .90 compatibility? This mod seems really awesome and I'd love to use it if it is .90 compatible!

I've used it and it does work with 0.9 BUT parts in the nasa pack are NOT affected. Also you'll hear from any other NON-stock part rocket, any explosions, and any other sfx you have installed aside from basic stock.

I've been using audio muffler ever since the NASA part pack was adopted by squad, which actually fx all sfx and music as you go higher up. It's not super realistic like this mod, but it does a pretty good job.

If this mod had the ability to extend its fx to the nasa parts and to explosions, it'd be the hands down winner of all sfx mods. But until then, I'm going to recommend audio muffler until this gets updated.

It was mostly working , but then I discovered a pretty important bug. I'm still trying to get to the bottom of it in my free time.

Excellent.... Thanks for taking time to help keep this one going... Really miss it when it does not work, or something else steps on it...

cheers.

Nearly there! There is an issue with craft sometimes having no effects when you switch to them, but I have a few ideas for fixes for it. Multi-mode engines such as the RAPIER will be unaffected, as there are some changes Squad will have to make for that, but ModuleEngineFX engines such as the NASA pack are working fine.

Meh, I never use the RAPIER anyway. :P

Better than nothing, but still quite awesome!

- - - Updated - - -

Question: Near Future Propulsion changes the stock Nerva to use a different fuel, and it makes the stock ion thruster less powerful. I was wondering if this would cause them to not work with this, as it breaks Hotrockets. There are also 2 or 3 multimode electrical engines. Will those not work also?

Edited by xXIndestructibleEVAXx

Anything that adds multiple AudioSources to a single GameObject will be unaffected by ASE. That means any parts with a configuration file that specifies MultiModeEngine, where the primaryEngineID and secondaryEngineID have a different clip in the AUDIO of their runningEffectName. You can check any mod configuration files to see if this is the case.

There may be other situations where a part contains multiple AudioSources on the same GameObject, but I haven't seen any so far. The RAPIER is the only stock part which does this.

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.