[1.0.x (partial)] Atmospheric Sound Enhancement v2.2 (2015-05-05)

pizzaoverhead

One of my must-haves and it's been offline for two versions now...

The agony...

...is...

...unbearable!

Agreed. This is a spectacular mod that really adds to the immersion of the game. Here's hoping it gets added to the RO must-haves if/when it comes out.

Honestly im surprised someone hasn't made any other atmospheric sound mods since. Its been a year since I last tried this yet back even when it worked it was still inconsistent. But the fading of the engines as the atmosphere thins was a hell of an effect. I see a few major mods and there authors still even recommend this. So does it still work to a degree? I read it doesn't support the new fx system, but well... im using smokescreen/HotRockets. So I don't know. Is it even worth trying?

Honestly im surprised someone hasn't made any other atmospheric sound mods since. Its been a year since I last tried this yet back even when it worked it was still inconsistent. But the fading of the engines as the atmosphere thins was a hell of an effect. I see a few major mods and there authors still even recommend this. So does it still work to a degree? I read it doesn't support the new fx system, but well... im using smokescreen/HotRockets. So I don't know. Is it even worth trying?

From my experience in 0.25 it does not, just makes intermittent clicking and popping sounds :(

probaly cause sounds seem to take up as much ram as textures with ksp it seems. for me chatter alone takes up like 100mb of ram use

No, it doesn't work at all currently. I'm working on it at the moment. It works correctly for about three seconds before it stops working for the rest of the scene's duration. I'm investigating it. Something in the stock AudioFX module seems to be deleted and recreated, taking the added effects with it.

probaly cause sounds seem to take up as much ram as textures with ksp it seems. for me chatter alone takes up like 100mb of ram use

This mod adds no sound files whatsoever. Everything is generated dynamically using AudioFilters, so your CPU will be hit rather than your RAM.

Since nobody seems to have said it yet, with the exception of the known issue with the new FX module, this works fine in 0.90.

It runs better than it did before at dealing with ambient sound BUT doesn't appear to effect any engine sounds they remain constant right into space

It runs better than it did before at dealing with ambient sound BUT doesn't appear to effect any engine sounds they remain constant right into space

Weird, the engines all fade out for me.

I have found that the orange radially mounted engine (can't recall its name) uses the new FX module but the T45 and T30 still go silent in vacuum and the jet engines go silent above Mach 1.

• 4 weeks later...

Hmmm I still get some engines emitting sound beyond shack cone and in vaccume despite changes config values to realistic. Must be to do with the particular engines, I'm using RSS type engines so there could be some config clash or something.

Hmmm I still get some engines emitting sound beyond shack cone and in vaccume despite changes config values to realistic. Must be to do with the particular engines, I'm using RSS type engines so there could be some config clash or something.

I'm having this same problem too. When I decouple an engine (or jet engine), what I presume to be the most recent engine effect given off by that engine randomly spurts on and off at around 10 per 8 seconds. It is from this mod. Not sure how to fix though.

Also this is from an old version. Is this going to be updated any time?

I've not used RSS yet but my understanding is that RSS engines are config'd for HotRockets which does break ASE so maybe that's what's causing the issue.

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.