[1.0.x (partial)] Atmospheric Sound Enhancement v2.2 (2015-05-05)

pizzaoverhead

Thanks for the fix, works every time now. One thing I noticed is that now the distortion effect of rocket engines can be heard inside, sounds a bit lo fi, also the whining, (as opposed to bass rumble) of some jet engines, namely the b9 vtol jet, is un-effected by the mod and is un-muffled when IVA, though this may just be down to the b9 mod; stock turbo jets seem to work properly. But very nice, thanks for the work on this! :)

Also, just started using the real solar system mod (real sized planets) and was wandering if the mod automatically adjusts the altitude effect scale to the game or if there's a way to manually scale it up for this mod? couldn't see anything in the config.

Thanks pingopete, I'll take a look at it.

As far as planet changes concerned, ASE uses the planet's atmosphere to model things accurately, so it doesn't need tweaked for new or modified planets. It should work with Real Solar System and the new planets in Planet Factory, though I haven't tested it myself. It's also likely that it will work with 0.23, but we'll find out after KerbalCon. :)

• 2 weeks later...

This is a fantastic mod! I've noticed that sometimes for initial stages, the sound cone doesn't actually form. I am not sure how to predict when it will and when it won't work, because it seems fairly random. When it does run into a problem, it usually fixes itself by the next stage. Also sometimes when going into and coming out of time acceleration, the RCS noises will come back. Are either of these bugs known? If not I'd be glad to try to look more deeply into the problem to see if I can reproduce it regularly.

Awesome. Here's an advice, to make sound gradually disappear while crossing the Mach cone, instead of a suddenly cut-off.

And... It seems that this plugin has some contradictions with FAR+DRE, for condensation cloud disappear while beyond 1.2 Mach and appear again after crossing a certain height.

Edit: Uhh this seems to only happen in Real Solar System.

Edited by Cesrate

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.