Have YOU ever had a Kraken attack?

CrazedGunman502

Have you ever experinced a Kraken attack?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Have you ever experinced a Kraken attack?

• Yes
    • No
    • I am the Kraken.

Just a few minutes ago, I had had my first Minmus landing in career. I let Jedediah out of his capsule, and forgetting the controls, jetpacked him into the surface, where he did a cute little backflip and then was sent directly to hell.

I've had the odd engine falling off upon exiting timewarp, which I think counts as a Kraken attack :P

The last time I ever had major problems with the Kraken was in the update that introduced the rescaled 2.5m 3 kerbal parts (0.16?) In orbit, the new parts would induce phantom forces and spinning that could only be stopped by going into timewarp or using LOTS of RCS! - luckily the problem was mostly fixed by the update that offloaded some of your velocity to the universe :)

I have never been visited by the kraken. Ever. Not once. Could be that I've never done anything to provoke it. I've had engines fall off occasionally, but that's just because I was an idiot and forgot to support my rockets on the launchpad and had all the weight resting on the nozzles. :D

With my huge ssto:s I think I have had some variation of kraken. Sometimes one part randomly explodes on random location, sometimes whole ssto explodes same way. Luckily most of the time they stay together. Voted "I am the kraken" because not sure if it's design flaws in my huge ssto:s or kraken. When ssto weights ~250tons I think it could be anything. =D

I sent an armada of ships to Duna to start a space station. There were six: a probe carrier, the main station, a tanker, a miscellaneous parts carrier (with various science, power, docking adapters and Kethane refining equipment), a manned Kethane mining craft and a Duna lander. Of the six ships, only three made it. The miner, lander and misc ship didn't make it - all Kerbals were lost. The ships either got tossed out of solar orbit at ludicrous speeds or exploded suddenly. Now I've got a fully fueled and equipped station with a probe network silently orbiting Duna, sitting lonely with no crew.

I think I'll stick to sending single large ships on interstellar missions.

Umm... I have bad news. At that speed, you may have traveled so fast that it probably ripped the fabric of space apart into tiny peices and thrown Bill into some random point in time about...

six undecillion,

seven hundred thirty-seven decillion,

three hundred forty-seven nonillion,

five hundred sixty-three octillion,

eight hundred forty-seven septillion,

five hundred sixty-two sextillion,

thirty-four quintillion,

five hundred seventy-four quadrillion,

three hundred sixteen trillion,

fifty-two billion,

three hundred forty-nine million,

five hundred sixty-one thousand,

eight hundred thirty-four

centuries in the future when the universe had ran out of energy and dissapeared an unimaginable amount of years prior. We here at our labs have no clue

what that could do to us, but it will probably do something bad. So, um, just letting you know.

Oh, and, yeah. I've been in too many Kraken attacks, so much that I'm paranoid getting into a solar orbit now.

I was playing career mode and I had a one-man capsule down to about 1500 meters with the parachute open and descending at about 100 m/s. Suddenly, my parachute exploded and I proceeded to smash into the ocean at about 150 m/s. Much later, I was checking something in the tracking station and decided to clear all my debris. As I cleared my debris by recovering every bit of rocket sitting around on Kerbin. The last one I switched to, however, was still in space. I didn't read everything it said and decided to look at it more closely. When I switched to it, I found a single deployed parachute hurtling through space. It even had a fully deployed parachute model on it... sticking off the back and shrunken to smaller than the part itself. Then, I found something strange. This piece of debris was the parachute that exploded on my capsule. Looking at map view, I found it flying out of the solar system, already well past Eeloo, at greater than lightspeed. Much more recently, I was trying to send a plane to the north pole to do science. It got just past the shore when it suddenly spiraled out of control and threw its wings into the island with the old airfield. However, those are the only kraken encounters I've ever had.

I said no, about the most serious thing I've had happen was my landing legs fall off after loading a save......it was kind of annoying but not the kerbal eating kind of problem.

Now that I said that I had a major attack switching between ships; The Kraken ate Bill, his two crew mates and the entire ship. Then I switched back to mission control to discover that it had eaten the entire universe. Thankfully I'd quick saved a few minutes before......I am about 5 hours into a dual mission Duna crew rotation and massive-rover delivery.

It seems that KSP doesn't like you attempting dual intercepts in a close time frame.

Edited by FlamedSteak

• 7 years later...

I was landing an orbiter stage when  the craft sunk into the ground, catapulting it's pieces all around Kerbin each over 10% the speed of light.

Also it seems the Kraken doesn't like me trying to reach minmus, often times when I'm trying to make a transfer orbit it starts to move around either into a collision course or into a kerbin escape orbit

Pulled a space station to pieces after undocking in 0.23.5. As in the classic vibrate > oscillate > disintegrate.  

When the Kraken still infested the rubber rover wheels, it would do funny, funny things to any Kerbal on EVA and touching them.

I believe I even made the mistake of accidentally replicating a Danny2462 Klaw-based doomsday device when that was still unpatched, which had to explain why things went... wonky while I was doing Klaw-related stuff in orbit.

And on occasion, even up to now, if I switch to a vessel after a KAC alarm for an SoI change, it's like something's pushing it back from the SoI transition.

Edited by B-STRK

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.