[1.12] Extraplanetary Launchpads v6.99.3

taniwha

I'm having a problem. I got a base up and running, but the launchpad is having issues. I wanted to make a craft to bring Jeb home cause he wasnt meant to be here. But when I start, it stays on 0% with no timer. I can't tear down the craft or get rid of it. Help?

https://youtu.be/ecAY6aFT54Y

You have a stupid kerbal (or 2) preventing progress. You want kerbals with less than %50 stupidity for rocket building.

Edited by MrChumley

Did this mod used to have two sorts of smelters? Or did it always just have the one (with varying sizes of course)? I remember there being two sorts of smelters but one of them is gone now, though it could have been from a different mod.

The base add-on only contains the one type of smelter. There are other smelters models out there build for the add-on

(I have one linked in my signature, formerly my addon to adapt EPL to Kabonite/Regolith, now just a parts pack to add parts to EPL, now that EPL supports stock, check it out if you want)

I'm having a problem. I got a base up and running, but the launchpad is having issues. I wanted to make a craft to bring Jeb home cause he wasnt meant to be here. But when I start, it stays on 0% with no timer. I can't tear down the craft or get rid of it. Help?

The fact that you got a UI to build, means the plugin is working.

There are several things affecting how fast you can build, and even if you can build.

One is the "Workshop" they are using , in the case of your video its the Cupolo's you are landed in. Any basic crew cabin has a productivity rating of .25 so it doesnt take much in the way of stupid kerbals to drive it into the negative,

You can use the Workshop (the blue pill looking part) to counter act this, It has a Productivity rating of 5 - Think of it basicly packing all the tools neccesary to build rockets! Your standard pod isnt gonna have such tools.

And two, is the stupidity of the kerbals, high stupidty kerbals will negatively effect your build rate, and if productivity drops in the negatives, you cant build, You can see the productivity level by right clicking on the pods.

Hope this helps :) holler if you have more questions

Edited by rabidninjawombat

AstroGamer, herugul: install Module Manager, that will fix the problem until I do another release: I never added the workshop module to launchpad2 (just plain forgot), but the MM patch that adds the workshop module to all command pods hits launchpad2 anyway so I never noticed.

AstroGamer: while you found a legitimate bug in EL (already fixed), the more I test that launchpad2, the more I want to nuke it (collider bugs causing it to twitch like an eel).

I've been having a serious issue with the downloads for the mod from version 0.90 onwards.

I get the Extraplanetary launchpads folder for inside Gamedata, but inside the folder I am missing the plugins folder.

-Internals

-Parts

-Resources

-Ships

-Textures

-EL_MM

-License

-Readme

-seat_tasks

-Settings

But no Plugins folder, where KSPAIExtensions and Launchpad dll files should be. Without them, I can't make the mod work at all, and with 1.0.2 I'd really like to be able to expand my colonies with ease.

Can anyone help with the missing plugins at all? Especially Launchpad.dll, as I can't find alternate means anywhere.

Kalsik: What is the MD5 checksum of your 5.1.91 zip? If it's anything other than 8148447c8b56d5c44d1142c01f65031b then something is very wrong. Maybe a virus scanner stripping dlls?

Kalsik: What is the MD5 checksum of your 5.1.91 zip? If it's anything other than 8148447c8b56d5c44d1142c01f65031b then something is very wrong. Maybe a virus scanner stripping dlls?

I checked the MD5 checksum code, and it has changed as suspected: 488a4606c30cd32495963de0dcc64da9

I disabled a bunch of security and antiviral programs, and tried again. No change.

I can find a 1.0.2 compatible KSPAIExtensions.dll plugin file from another source, but its the second plugin, launchpads.dll, that is the crux of my problems. If I had access to that dll file in a 1.0.2 compatible form, I could get EPL to work manually. Unless there are other plugins besides KSPAIExtensions and Launchpads in the 1.0.x version.

Not that I'd know about them....

In career mode, empty rocketparts hexcan clusters have a negative cost. The cost of a full huge 7-can is zero, of an empty one - 59500. This means you gain money by launching them(and lose said money by recovering them). This makes for relatively easy gold farming, and I would highly appreciate a fix for this.

Edit: The same applies to the monocan for rocketparts, but none of the other recources seem to have this problem.

Edited by Trifonius

Trifonius: Odd, I though I got everything (I use scripts to process the files). I'll check it out.

Kalsik: From where are you downloading EL? If not from taniwha.org, then the source may well be corrupt (I just double checked and the file on my server is good).

Kalsik: github source code? Oh, good grief, of course there's no dll in there: I do not put dlls in git (I feel dirty putting .mu files in git). You have to build them yourself if you're grabbing the source (very easy if git, gnu make and mono are installed).

You'll find the link in the first post.

- - - Updated - - -

Trifonius: It sounds like you're using that resource pack (I've forgotten its name, ORS?) and the resource costs clash with EL's.

Trifonius: It sounds like you're using that resource pack (I've forgotten its name, ORS?) and the resource costs clash with EL's.

Actually i noticed this the other day. The CommunityResourcePack has Rocketparts at 5/unit. I think your resource file has them at 1.5?

I belive values should be the same as the curating mod for the resource, and RocketParts originated from EPL :) Ill drop a post on the CRP thread.

Edited by rabidninjawombat

I am trying to set up a self-sufficient colony using mks and extraplanetary launchpads, but I can't even get the test craft to work (new ship, no other parts, just the test craft that comes with the extraplanetary launchpads package). When I "launch" my ship and right-click the launchpad from the test craft, I only get the "Close" and "Rename" options.

To install the mod, I downloaded the latest release, and then copied the Game Data and Ships over to my Kerbal install.

Any idea what's going on? I understand there should be a build menu upon right-clicking the launchpad!

Kind regards,

entropy--

I have released version 5.1.92 of EL (beta for 5.2.0). Links in the first post.

Changes from 5.1.91:

• launchpad2 is now a full workshop, though not a fantastic one (productivity factor 1.0), allowing fresh engineers to use it. More importantly, Module Manager is not needed to use the launchpad2 as a workshop.
  • Fix an indexing error when loading pads with built but unreleased craft attached to them.
  • Fix a timing issue with launch clamps (fixes an NRE).
  • Allow a little (on the order of 1e-10) slop when detecting build completion and work done for the time-frame. This fixes the lockup when time warping while building a multi-resource item (KIS container with stored resources) and should fix the problem of builds getting stuck at 100%. (actually a bug so old not only does it have hairs, but they're white).
  • Fix the survey stake's KIS config: now it shows up in the KIS items tab and should stick properly to the ground.
  • Add a button to refresh the loaded craft before starting a build (useful when you realize you forgot a part or a tweak).

Again, this is a beta version for 5.2.0. There may be bugs in the new features and there is still work to be done on polish (mostly module info for the parts list), and stock depletion zones are not yet supported. However, things do seem to work nicely. Good luck :).

I forgot to copy the slop from the build code to the tear-down code, so that my still lock up. I'll get that in the next update.

I noticed the stake issue and found out about the problems with KIS containers via