[1.12] Extraplanetary Launchpads v6.99.3

taniwha

Well it would be weird, as I've neither changed anything in my GameData folder nor installed new mods since I've had EL. This UI menu worked for me yesterday.

Here's my GameData screenshot:

http://scr.hu/5z5a/x6ui6

Here's EL's folder in GameData:

http://scr.hu/5z5a/k3h0w

Thank you for your help.

everything looks to be in the right place. Thats odd. Post a copy of your output_log too, ill take a peek at it. Im assuming you checked to makes sure your .90 client didn't accidentally auto update to 1.0 eh?

I've encountered a problem while testing the mod out (KSP 0.90). I have an orbital space station, rocket parts on it, workshop on it, kerbals on it and the construction dock on it. I do not however have the "Show UI" option when I right-click the Construction Dock. I thought that I might have done something wrong, but after reading the instructions again I don't understand why it's not working.

I decided to try it out on the ground, but it still fails, here's a screenshot:

http://screenshu.com/static/uploads/temporary/ph/kq/5r/jgoqyb.jpg

Could you please help me out with this?

The "Stage" light is purple, which normally indicates the ship is either uncontrollable or time-warping. Since the latter isn't the case, are you sure the ship has a control source and sufficient energy?

The "Stage" light is purple, which normally indicates the ship is either uncontrollable or time-warping. Since the latter isn't the case, are you sure the ship has a control source and sufficient energy?
everything looks to be in the right place. Thats odd. Post a copy of your output_log too, ill take a peek at it. Im assuming you checked to makes sure your .90 client didn't accidentally auto update to 1.0 eh?

The ship I've created on the ground might have run out of power, so the probe body went dark and caused the purple light to appear, but this menu is exactly the same as 10 seconds after putting these parts on my launchpad, when the probe was still operational, so basically it doesn't matter here.

EDIT: To add to that - the same thing happens to my orbital station, which is loaded fully with Kerbals (both the Workshop and the Command pod).

And I am sure that I have KSP 0.90. I started using 1.0.2 now, so basically I will hold off everything I was doing in 0.90 (and probably eventually abandon it). This means that although this problem persists, it's not really relevant anymore unless it appears in the new release of EL. Can't wait to test it out, because 1.0.2 has kicked my ass with it's aerodynamics rewrite. EL will be needed here more than ever.

Thank you guys for your help :). I appreciate it.

Wow, you don't even have to skim back more than one page to find the answer and not look like a lazy...

goldenpsp....i did read thank you and what i can gather its more of a varied answer then straight forward so i asked a question....simple no need to be rude about it.

is EL completely borked in KSP 1.0.2 or just some functions not compatible?

Some parts may work, but honestly id wait till the update. With this major of an update, getting too far into a savegame with the old version then updating to the new version once its out, has a good possiblity of breaking crafts. -

Ok, some quick answers:

• EL 5.1.2 does not work in KSP 1.0
    • many parts have incorrect nodes (fixed)
    • Changes in flight startup cause the modified launch clamps to extend through the runway (ok, but weird) and launchpad (disastrous). (fixed)
    • The parameters for the craft browser changed and thus the build window breaks completely. (fixed)

[*]Stock resource integration is in progress (and is the holdup of release)

• EL's Ore has been changed to MetalOre and added to the resources scattered around planets.
    • The magnetometer has been modified to work like the narrow band scanner. (for now).
    • I have created custom converters (working on mass rather than volume) using the stock system.
    • I am currently working on a custom extraction module (for various reasons).

[*]Kethane will continue to be supported (one of the reasons for the custom extraction module).

Time for another update...

I have just pushed changes to get my dual-mode extractor (ie, the auger) working. By dual mode I mean that it will take resources from both stock and Kethane (if installed) at the same time. As a bonus, I have "fixed" the auger itself: the blade is now smooth instead of stair-stepped, the helix is in the correct direction, and it now spins when running (I got animation export working in my blender .mu addon :)).

There is still a lot of polishing to work on, but that completes the core functionality. I do, however, need to get KIS integration up to snuff.

For those with the willingness and wherewithal to live on the bleeding edge, the github repository is up to date. I hope to have a release (possibly preliminary) out really soon.

I have just pushed changes to get my dual-mode extractor (ie, the auger) working. By dual mode I mean that it will take resources from both stock and Kethane (if installed) at the same time. As a bonus, I have "fixed" the auger itself: the blade is now smooth instead of stair-stepped, the helix is in the correct direction, and it now spins when running (I got animation export working in my blender .mu addon :)).

There is still a lot of polishing to work on, but that completes the core functionality. I do, however, need to get KIS integration up to snuff.

For those with the willingness and wherewithal to live on the bleeding edge, the github repository is up to date. I hope to have a release (possibly preliminary) out really soon.

Is all the 'rocket building and launch' part of the mod functional, independently of 'resource extraction'?

Krakenfour: yes, but I can't guarantee the results of building anything with KIS containers (which includes command pods). Even extraction is in, just in need of final tweaks and balancing.

Krakenfour: yes, but I can't guarantee the results of building anything with KIS containers (which includes command pods). Even extraction is in, just in need of final tweaks and balancing.

sounds great!

Is it possible to remove the default command-pods-have-KIS-containers setting then?

Awesome work Taniwha, i can't wait for a full release of this mod :D

Thanks for the dev build! I downloaded it to give it a whirl. The plugin file doesn't appear to be in the download (unless im blind, which is totally possible :P)

Is it possible to remove the default command-pods-have-KIS-containers setting then?

Not that I know of. I couldn't find a way to remove the requirement for using a tool to attach, either :(.

Thanks for the dev build! I downloaded it to give it a whirl. The plugin file doesn't appear to be in the download (unless im blind, which is totally possible :P)

You have to build it yourself as I don't put dlls into git, thus the "wherewithal". That said, building isn't difficult if you have "make" (probably needs to be gnu make) and mono.

When you say KIS integration do you mean like we could get just one part to replace a broken rover wheel, or a newly unlocked experiment? If so that would be epic.

I mean such that the survey stakes work and that building things with KIS containers gets the build costs correct. I'm working on the former and have partially implemented the latter but I don't know how many exceptions it will throw. I have to do a lot of digging via reflection (I don't want to just link against the KIS dll) and I had a cow of a time getting it right for Kethane yesterday (I did get it right in the end, though).

Not that I know of. I couldn't find a way to remove the requirement for using a tool to attach, either :(.

You have to build it yourself as I don't put dlls into git, thus the "wherewithal". That said, building isn't difficult if you have "make" (probably needs to be gnu make) and mono.

I mean such that the survey stakes work and that building things with KIS containers gets the build costs correct. I'm working on the former and have partially implemented the latter but I don't know how many exceptions it will throw. I have to do a lot of digging via reflection (I don't want to just link against the KIS dll) and I had a cow of a time getting it right for Kethane yesterday (I did get it right in the end, though).

Ahh thanks! Happy to compile it on my own, Just wasnt sure that was the intended idea

Thanks again for sneak peak