[1.12] Extraplanetary Launchpads v6.99.3

taniwha

I made an orbital launchpad, it has a workshop and 9k rocket parts, the workshop is filled with 5star engineers. I put it in orbit on minimus and also tried while landed and suborbital, in all cases I have -5.7 productivity rating.

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/28489817089233907/16A797A4376ADF99CD66FA3ACCE2973F038C56E6/ here's a picture. There's nothing in the OP, the descriptions of the workshop or the launchpad that mentions why this might be the case.

This is in sandbox mode and I used infinite fuel to get to minimus, I just want to learn how to use all the parts in the mods I get before I bring them to career mode. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Kerbal Intelligence/stupidity plays a role. So if they are all dumb you will have low productivity. Are the engineers in the workshop or something else?

Tarheel good point I may have to check that part out on mine. taniwha I wasnt sure since the launchpad was at 2 but the manufacturing plants that had 2/4 kerbals in it were at 12-16 productivity. I think tar might have the point though. I just threw every kerbal i had available to try and speed things up. I will have to keep an eye on stupidity and stars to see what happens

First and most important to all you modders: You do great job. Not only creating awesome mods

but also answering patiently the questions of dull users which not able to use the mods right and

also not able to read the already given answers.

But sorry today I join one of this groups:

I use KSP 1.0.2. Using for demonstration the mods:

KIS (1.1.2),

EL (5.1.91) and Kerbaltek - HyperEdit (1.4).

Starting a Sandbox game, go to VAB,

choosing MK1 command pod,

inserting EL-Mallet, 2 EL-survey stakes, KIS-wrench, KIS-screwdriver and

KIS userguide to seat 0 inventory.

Replacing Jeb with engineer Bill, saving the craft and putting it to prelaunch.

Moving the capsule with hyperedit into 100000m orbit to Mun and dropping it with hyperedit ship lander at 0,0 on Mun.

EVA Bill, release him from vessel, walk him 2 steps, opening Bill's inventory, equipping mallet to right hand.

Dragging out one stake to place in front of him (holding left mouse button),

releasing mouse button (drop is shown (srfAttach), stake is green),

pressing x (attach is shown (srfAttach), Screwdriver symbol, stake change to red), press and release mouse button

shown "target object not allowed".

Pressing ENTER to reset the stake back to inventory.

alternative handling:

Dragging stake to ground (pressing, holding, releasing (drop is shown (srfAttach), stake green)

Pressing, releasing mouse button, stake is in ground, change to red/yellow.

Stake slowly sloping to the ground and will explode after a while.

(can be saved with grapping back (button G) and dragging back to inventory.

So no fixed stake in ground but a lot of exploded.

With KSP 0.9.0, KAS, USI-MKS/OKS I had no problems.

What I am doing wrong? Thx in advance for answer.

(sorry for spelling and grammar mistakes, I am German)

ssdctm, that's because KIS changed how it handles attachment to ground.

before it was like this (took it from EPL stake)

MODULE {
name = ModuleKISItemStatic
allowAttachOnStatic = true
stackable = true
editorItemsCategory = true
equipable = true
equipSlot = leftHand
equipMeshName = body01
equipBoneName = bn_l_wrist01
equipPos = (-0.07,-0.03,0.05)
equipDir = (85,0,0)
}

And now it should be more like this (took from ground base in latest KIS)

MODULE
{
name = ModuleKISItem
volumeOverride = 100
stackable = true
allowAttachOnStatic = true
}
MODULE
{
name = ModuleKISPartStatic
breakForce = 10
}

Got a problem with launch clamps(as a result of installing the new version of EL):

- They no longer clip to the floor in VAB

- Option to release craft (in staging and on right click) disappeared. smjjames, I saw, had posted a similar problem recently (perhaps even the same, although it sounds to me like his clamps still work after throwing an exception).

- Remain clipped to the craft after launch, although don't seem to change flight trajectory.

yNdO2VA.jpg]

rz4aSWh.jpg

q0VR3dE.jpg

I've got a bunch of mods installed on the side, so could it be an incompatibility issue, or is it a result of the EL update?

Edited by Kroopz

Got a problem with launch clamps:

- They no longer clip to the floor in VAB

- Option to release craft (in staging and on right click) disappeared. smjjames, I saw, had posted a similar problem recently (perhaps even the same, although it sounds to me like his clamps still work after throwing an exception).

- Remain clipped to the craft after launch.

- Don't seem to change flight trajectory.

http://i.imgur.com/yNdO2VA.jpg]

http://i.imgur.com/rz4aSWh.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/q0VR3dE.jpg

Yeah the clamps are still working for me. Could you post your output log? You might be getting the same exception and there could be others.

Hi,

Why is KIS or is it required to use your survey stakes??? I havnt got that far yet...I plan on staying with v90 version of EPL until things dont work.

I read thru some posts...

Zeta

Uh, you do realize that if you're using the 0.90 version and are running 1.0.2, you probably won't get any support? Heck, theres probably lots of things broken in it if you run in 1.0.2

Speaking of survey stakes...I changed the KIS-Mallet cfg to have "attachMaxMass = 0.1" instead of .005 like you had it. There needs to be a KIS tool that a non-engineer like Jeb can use for small stuff.

Please consider making this change part of your next release.

stupidity for the win. productivity is absolutly killed by stupid people... just got a chance to test that shipyard with 1 completely smart pilot 1 half stupid eng and 1 completely stupid eng. all 5 stars.

starting productivity was 1.6 with all 3 in there. moved both eng to the other part of the ship and productivity went to 1.8 moved the half smart eng back and it went to 2.6 ship prod is now -1.3 with stupid manning the rest... was at .4 positive with all 3 in the launchpad. looks like im gona have a ton of manned resource probes in the near future to use up the stupidity in my applicants list.

That beig said looks like the oks/mks inflatable work shops for extra productivity wont make a difference for the launch pad :( oh well just means i need 4 really smart eng.

Edited by Kendrick

Could you post your output log? You might be getting the same exception and there could be others.

Certainly - here's the whole file (just in case).

A few of the mods I have installed are currently complaining about something (mostly incorrect 1.0.2 compatibility), so I tried removing them one-by-one and running the save to test results. After I removed EL, the clamps were fixed, and once I re-added it, they were broken again, so I'm guessing it's a strictly EL issue.

Edited by Kroopz

I actually had the broken clamps problem once when I loaded a ship, but after I replaced those clamps, I didn't see that particular bug again.

The only exceptions that I see in your log are one from SCANsat and another from CivillianManagement, something about security exception, you probably should let the mod author know. No idea what's up with that one though.

Like I said, there's a couple of issues here and there. I'll post a report on CM thread about the exception, but the new version is known to contain some compilation bugs, so it'll probably get patched regardless. As for SCANsat, it's kind of buggy lately as well (jumping around between dev and release builds), but I think the author is aware of occasional bugs.

I'm more concerned about EL. It is by far one of my favorite immersion mods (right after Engineer Redux and SCANsat ;p), and I cannot stand to see it broken.

Any ideas/solutions?

Edited by Kroopz

hello guys,

i'm having some problem,i build a huge oks base using mks mod,and try to build stuff using orbital shipyard with epl mod.

the thing is that i got 60k rocket parts on that station,and in the epl menu it only shows me 45k,is this like a thing in epl,and 45k is the max?:(

Hello,

I am trying to set up a self-sufficient colony using mks and extraplanetary launchpads, but I can't even get the test craft to work. When I right-click the launchpad from the test craft, I only get the "Close" and "Rename" options.

To install the mod, I downloaded the latest release, and then copied the Game Data and Ships over to my Kerbal install.

Kind regards,

entropy--

I'm setting up an MKS/OKS base on minmus to build rockets(as i don't likw atmospheric launches), and for some reason, I want to have all crew slots filled(30 overall). I know that engineers increase productivity, and that stupidity decreases it, but what is more important? a very low stupidity or a kierbal being an engineer?

I'm having issues building things off planet. I have a base on Minmus in career mode, there are 4000 rocket parts, plenty of electricity, two kerbals, the rocket pad thing, a survey station, and a planted stake, and the workshop that is in the command pod section. I choose either base, click my craft, and hit build and it says 0% and 0:00:00 and there is no progress. I'm just building a tiny smelter on wheels and its 700 something parts, and like I said I have 4000 at the base. Any idea why nothing is being built? The kerbals have no experience, but one isn't very stupid. even when i pull the more stupid kerbal out, nothing is being built. Thanks for the help, sorry if its a simple solution.

I'm having issues building things off planet. I have a base on Minmus in career mode, there are 4000 rocket parts, plenty of electricity, two kerbals, the rocket pad thing, a survey station, and a planted stake, and the workshop that is in the command pod section. I choose either base, click my craft, and hit build and it says 0% and 0:00:00 and there is no progress. I'm just building a tiny smelter on wheels and its 700 something parts, and like I said I have 4000 at the base. Any idea why nothing is being built? The kerbals have no experience, but one isn't very stupid. even when i pull the more stupid kerbal out, nothing is being built. Thanks for the help, sorry if its a simple solution.

"Isn't very stupid" and "more stupid" are so subjective. I would suggest using a "less stupid" Kerbal, and since you got some to Minmus have hem return and get some experience.

So it's the experience that allows rockets to get built? Along with not stupid kerbals? I'm not really sure what is causing them to not build I thought only stupidity was the determining factor in builds.

Kroopz: take them off your ship, delete them, put on new ones. The problem is that EL replaces the launch clamp part module and that can confuse KSP.

- - - Updated - - -

derekmw: stupidity, courage, experience (stock), and experience (KerbalStats, optional but works in all game modes). Note also that 0-star engineers cannot work in anything but a proper workshop (productivity factor >= 1).

Kroopz: take them off your ship, delete them, put on new ones. The problem is that EL replaces the launch clamp part module and that can confuse KSP.

Tried that before - didn't work. Nevertheless, followed your instructions, taking clamps off the ship, putting them to the side, then deleting them, then installing them again. Didn't work. Tried launching the ship with broken clamp, then reverting and deleting it. That didn't work either. In fact, I've got a crash after reverting to VAB with the rocket partially destroyed but the clamp still attached to it. Here's the updated output log of that crash.

I should also note that the clamp does, indeed, affect the mass and trajectory (I was wrong there, and you can see the center of pull on the last screenshot below), and that there is a release sound and visual effects present of the clamp being released when I activate the first stage, although there is no indication of the corresponding staging action on the HUD, and it remains clipped to the craft afterwards.

Some screenshots of the steps I followed:

Javascript is disabled. View full album
Edited by Kroopz
grammer, note

It may be latest KIS bug with launch clamps - latest KIS is known to make decouplers not working sometimes. Personally I reverted to KIS 1.1.1 and experience no issues with launch clamps while EPL is still installed and working.