[1.2.0] Toolbar 1.7.13 - Common API for draggable/resizable buttons toolbar

blizzy78

Started working on icons for MJ on Sarbian's request:

v0mnlzk.png

Awesome, can't wait for them! Literally... I checked this morning and there were no icons available so I made my own crappy ones:

dJAQMec.png

See http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/60933-Optional-MechJeb-Modules?p=858477&viewfull=1#post858477 for the filenames, if that helps you.

Awesome, can't wait for them! Literally... I checked this morning and there were no icons available so I made my own crappy ones:

http://i.imgur.com/dJAQMec.png

See http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/60933-Optional-MechJeb-Modules?p=858477&viewfull=1#post858477 for the filenames, if that helps you.

Dat warp assistant =)

Your panel gave me an idea to do an alternate icon panel with just abbreviations for those who like it that way. Something like this

$T2eC16ZHJHMFG+4KMQZbBS!i7gu9M!~~60_35.JPG

oh, and thanks for the button names, I actually thought they were not inplemented yet, so I just practiced on the question mark one =)

According to this thread, it seems that the Unity function Quaternion.LookRotation() is responsible for the error messages. The Toolbar Plugin does not use this function.

Thanks blizzy. Weird. I'll try it out later without the Mechjeb optional toolbar module, but I doubt sarbian's using that function either.

Here are 2 requests from me:

1. Make the background "frame" window invisible when not in edit position mode. I find it quite unnecessary and would clean up the design a bit. Could be toggleable if you really want to have the "toolbar" look.
  2. Add an ability to switch to the KSP standard skin (GUI.skin = HighLogic.Skin) in the side drop menu. I know you prefer Unity skin but some people (like me) still like the KSP skin better. I am also designing the icons to fit both.

Edited by nothke

I'll use toadicus work on late binding for MJ. Thanks for it :)

Hope you find it useful!

For your information, and that of any other interested parties, ToolbarButtonWrapper is fully updated for version 1.2.1. I also switched to a static factory method and added some static methods and properties to help determine if the Toolbar is present, so that API users can keep all of the reflection code out of their main classes, if that's their preference.

For example:

ToolbarButtonWrapper button;

if (ToolbarButtonWrapper.ToolbarManagerPresent)
{
button = ToolbarButtonWrapper.TryWrapToolbarButton("name", "id");
// other button-y stuff
}
else
{
// fallback icon-y stuff
}

If anyone's interested in icon design for their mod, I'm available =)

nothke, if you have an idea for a new VOID icon, I'd love to see what you come up with. :) I have "power on" and "power off" states currently shown on the icon. Beautiful work!

Edited by toadicus
Added nothke response to avoid double-posting

1. Make the background "frame" window invisible when not in edit position mode. I find it quite unnecessary and would clean up the design a bit. Could be toggleable if you really want to have the "toolbar" look.
  2. Add an ability to switch to the KSP standard skin (GUI.skin = HighLogic.Skin) in the side drop menu. I know you prefer Unity skin but some people (like me) still like the KSP skin better. I am also designing the icons to fit both.

I'll play around a bit with those.

I could use some:

- Achievements - Two states: One normal, one for "you got a new achievement, click here to read all about it" (will reset to normal on click)

- IRC - Four states, in order of importance: Normal, user joined/left/quit, channel message arrived, private message arrived. Note that the "private message arrived" state uses the "important" button feature as long as the private message has not been read.

How do you reset the button? I place it just above my kerbals & use autohide. Now I cant find it anymore,

Are you using Kerbal Engineer Redux, and had the toolbar positioned at the right or bottom screen edge? Please update to Toolbar Plugin 1.2.1. If that doesn't fix it on its own, quit KSP, delete GameData\toolbar-settings.dat, then restart KSP.

Here are 2 requests from me:

I'd like to see 2. as well. If you feel like doing that I have all the code in the KSP ARP that does this GUI Style choice for the player that - which you can use if needed.

If you are still doing icons, the FuseBox mod creator asked if someone could make him some icons. He is going to add his mod to Toolbar in next update.

Thanks!

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/50077-0-23-Fusebox-electric-charge-tracker-and-build-helper-0-7a-released-17-12-13/page10

Started working on icons for MJ on Sarbian's request:

http://i.imgur.com/v0mnlzk.png

Just played around making new icons

Here's for FAR:

http://i.imgur.com/DYnUplB.jpg

(white, standard button, no stall. yellow, minor stall. red, major stall detected)

just need to refine colors a bit, maybe add some glow to make them more pronounced.

Did one for TAC life support too:

http://i.imgur.com/rzjE2I0.png

Pm sent for an Infernal Robotics icon.

A small request if you don't mind: please reorganize the files within the zip so that the only files under GameData/000_Toolbar are the ones needed for running. I would prefer the changes, license, and source zip to be next to the GameData folder. That way I can copy the GameData folder into my install directory and I would only have the files needed for the install.

Also, please add the last updated date to the thread title.

Thank you for making this mod. It really turned out nice.

Please see my post in the Release thread. Fair warning, it ain't a good one. :mad:

It just looks like you accept anything implemented as being set in stone - which it isn't. Don't like something? Just speak up, and it may be changed. There is no need to yell or go all out or anything like that.

Hi people, I'm back from holidays

Here's a little update, I made the text based MJ buttons, similar to those seen in aircraft real cockpits. The players will be able to chose between the text variant or the picture icon variant. And I just started correcting the tint of the icons to match KSP gui label color to better match and improve visibility on the optional KSP skin style

you can see in the picture the first row icons are old tint that I matched according to Kerbal clock icon, and the MJ's text buttons are the new tint (except RVR AP)

The "active" buttons will have a white icon with a slight glow around (like the crew manifest in the picture)

tn8nSQn.png

Edited by nothke