Removing Multiplayer

tntristan12

So I know it's way too early to even be discussing the mechanics of removing multiplayer from the game, but what I am more interested in is seeing how many people would even want a mod to remove multiplayer from the game if they do implement it. I'm not even talking about it as a "civil disobedience" sort of thing... I just feel like seeing the words "multiplayer" plastered across my KSP main menu would give me physical illness, and would rather it just not be there. Anybody else feel similarly?

Why people think that when squad adds multiplayer you will be forced to play it?

It was stated several times that the main point of KSP is the singleplayer, and that the multiplayer will be only an addition to it.

Think about GTA5, it has multiplayer but the game is focused on the singleplayer.

Dude, its just a button! I'm pretty OCD about stuff too, and due to that I'm horribly strictly stockalike and opposed to any warp drive or sci fi stuff, but even I would find it hard to be driven nuts by another option in the menu. What's the real harm in it? I appreciate how people don't want MP due to its extensive development time, but if it was their then I'm sure people wouldn't object to having it around - it dosent inflict any drawbacks to SP

Yeah yeah, I know "if you don't want to play it, don't play it." I've countered with that plenty of times myself. I guess I'm just bitter because I've been ravenously opposed to multiplayer since the beginning, and seeing it on the main menu would be the sting of defeat for me. Let's just let this thread die, k?

So I know it's way too early to even be discussing the mechanics of removing multiplayer from the game, but what I am more interested in is seeing how many people would even want a mod to remove multiplayer from the game if they do implement it. I'm not even talking about it as a "civil disobedience" sort of thing... I just feel like seeing the words "multiplayer" plastered across my KSP main menu would give me physical illness, and would rather it just not be there. Anybody else feel similarly?

hehe i like this sort of rebellion, yeah i fell the same, and i'm still sure MP will not be fun otherwise to PvP, race, destroy etc etc... FINALLY ORBITAL BOMBARDMENTS!!!!! and the wrost thing is that this forum will be full of .craft and screens with missiles and military crafts....

the moderator say the MP will no accept military... i say a SRB could be a weapon. And he really overstimate the community aim for MP

I guess I'm just bitter because I've been ravenously opposed to multiplayer since the beginning, and seeing it on the main menu would be the sting of defeat for me.

You might light this concept, as it does not have a multiplayer button on the main menu:

Pmb8xsq.png

Fun fact:

The multiplayer plugin KMP initiates its connection from a window that pops up when the game reaches the main menu. If you don't want to play KMP you can simply close this window and play the game normally.

I would imagine from the way they are describing stock multiplayer it will take the form of another option on the main game menu, and if you go into the existing sandbox or career modes it will not bother you about it again until you go back to the main menu.

I must say I am a little disappointed by the announcement too. I am very much a singleplayer kind of guy and any time they devote to multiplayer is not going towards things I will use and enjoy. Good as singleplayer is, I think there is a lot that still can be improved, but will probably never happen.

Whether other people play it is not my cup of tea, as long as the community stays as nice and close-knit as it is now.

You do realize that Mp will most likely be 85-90% coding?

Since Squad is a group of professionals (the money we pay to buy the game goes to them), they know how to work with the code. So coding Mp won't take a (relatively) long time to do, most of the time will be debugging and testing before public release. That being said, since Squad is a group, some of them can work on Mp while the rest work on the core game. They already said that Ksp will be made core complete before they begin work on mp.

if they turned KSP into an MMO I'd be greatly interested in a mod that made it playable in single player mode again, as that'd be the only way I'd get to play it again without reverting to an earlier version.

If not, I'd just ignore it and get on with life.

if they turned KSP into an MMO I'd be greatly interested in a mod that made it playable in single player mode again, as that'd be the only way I'd get to play it again without reverting to an earlier version.

If not, I'd just ignore it and get on with life.

I very much doubt that they're looking at anything like an MMO version of KSP, so I very much doubt single player is going anywhere.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.