[1.12.x] Ship Manifest (Crew, Science, & Resources) - v 6.0.8.0 - 28 Apr 23

Papa_Joe

Hey all,

I just downloaded 0.90, so I'm going thru the issues now. Kinda why there has been no update yet... I wanted to see what squad broke on me :)

I'll provide an update soon.

Some users have reported that you cant transfer science.

Hey all,

I just downloaded 0.90, so I'm going thru the issues now. Kinda why there has been no update yet... I wanted to see what squad broke on me :)

I'll provide an update soon.

Thank You! This is an essential mod for me. I'm really not about carrying 5 science modules per mission.

Hope things work smoothly on your end.

Science transfer is working for me. The only part of Ship Manifest that's not working is the part highlighting, which is throwing the debug spam. I suspect Squad changed something in the background to provide the new highlighting in the VAB/SPH. Disabling the debug window in settings has allowed me to use the mod without any noticeable problems.

Science transfer is working for me. The only part of Ship Manifest that's not working is the part highlighting, which is throwing the debug spam. I suspect Squad changed something in the background to provide the new highlighting in the VAB/SPH. Disabling the debug window in settings has allowed me to use the mod without any noticeable problems.

Yes. I was able to get the science transfer to work too. I had to hide the debug menu, and it doesn't work quite the same as it usually does, but it works.

How do you get rid of the debug menu that pops up?

You can disable the opening of the debug window by changing the "Enable SM Debug Window On Error" setting. Disable this and you will not see the debug window pop up.

Yes. I was able to get the science transfer to work too. I had to hide the debug menu, and it doesn't work quite the same as it usually does, but it works.

Thanks for that update. The spamming of the debug log is likely what causes that.

Squad did indeed change the highlighting. They added a parameter to one of the function calls.

Sorting thru now. I've added a highlighting switch in settings (to turn highlighting off / on in general) earlier per a previous request, so that will be part of the update.

Thanks for the feedback!

Edited by Papa_Joe
added other post quotes for clarity

Update out.

Version 0.90.0.3.3.3 - 19 Dec, 2014 - 0.90 Compatibility Edition.

- Update to correct highlighting errors due to KSP 0.90 changes.

- Added a Highlighting switch. If you don't want highlighting at all, turn it off!

- Other under the hood changes to improve overall highlighting behavior. Works very nice now.

Note: CLS is currently broken in .90, so do not use CLS until it's updated.

Enjoy. Let me know if you find issues.

Edited by Papa_Joe

I think there is a MASSIVE bug in your mod.

I mostly wanted to use Ship Manifest to change Kerbal names. I wanted to have a roughly 50/50 ratio between male and female Kerbals so I manually edited the names so far.

However with the addition of classes in the game most often when I edit a Kerbal with the Ship Manifest the class changes to something completely random.

E.g. after changing two Kerbal names the class from the first one changed from Pilot to Engineer. Changing back the name didn't resolve the issue.

And looking into the save file it's not apparent how the class of a Kerbal is stored. So no clue :/

Just wanted to let you know that I had an issue. I won't be using that feature anymore. And my current game is kinda ruined now :( All my experienced people are now Engineers. Yay -.-

(edit: besides that: merry christmas <3)

I think there is a MASSIVE bug in your mod.

I mostly wanted to use Ship Manifest to change Kerbal names. I wanted to have a roughly 50/50 ratio between male and female Kerbals so I manually edited the names so far.

However with the addition of classes in the game most often when I edit a Kerbal with the Ship Manifest the class changes to something completely random.

E.g. after changing two Kerbal names the class from the first one changed from Pilot to Engineer. Changing back the name didn't resolve the issue.

And looking into the save file it's not apparent how the class of a Kerbal is stored. So no clue :/

Just wanted to let you know that I had an issue. I won't be using that feature anymore. And my current game is kinda ruined now :( All my experienced people are now Engineers. Yay -.-

(edit: besides that: merry christmas <3)

Classes are determined by the Kerbal's name. You can't change their name without potentially changing the class. The same thing always happens even if you edit your persistence files directly.

As much as I want Pokey Kerman to be a pilot, he will always be a scientist.

Basically, it's not a bug, it's a feature.

Classes are determined by the Kerbal's name. You can't change their name without potentially changing the class. The same thing always happens even if you edit your persistence files directly.

As much as I want Pokey Kerman to be a pilot, he will always be a scientist.

Basically, it's not a bug, it's a feature.

Thanks for the feedback. Given that the class is tied to the name, it may be best if I remove the ability to change the name. At the very least, make it an option with an appropriate warning.

@KateTheAwesome: My apologies for the "damage" to your save. in the future, I do suggest you make backups of your save games when you try new mods. Since KSP is a work in progress and changes often, it is not possible for any modder to foresee *all* potential issues.

Let me know what you think of removing the ability to change names, or adding an option in settings with an appropriate warning.

Speaking of adding options, It became apparent to me after adding a setting to turn off highlighting, that it might be nice to "limit" highlighting to the source and target parts. This way you can "see" what parts are being affected WITHOUT having to look at a "sea of yellow"... I will include this in the next release. It will work as follows:

- If highlighting is turned off, no highlighting will occur and the option to use only the source and target will be disabled.

- If highlighting is turned on, the option to limit it to the source and target will be enabled.

- - When enabled, only the source and target parts will be highlighted.

- - When disabled, all parts in the selected group will be highlighted as in the past.

Edited by Papa_Joe

• 3 weeks later...
Update out.

Version 0.90.0.3.3.3 - 19 Dec, 2014 - 0.90 Compatibility Edition.

- Update to correct highlighting errors due to KSP 0.90 changes.

- Added a Highlighting switch. If you don't want highlighting at all, turn it off!

- Other under the hood changes to improve overall highlighting behavior. Works very nice now.

Note: CLS is currently broken in .90, so do not use CLS until it's updated.

Enjoy. Let me know if you find issues.

You have a quite interesting Version string over on kerbalstuff :)

Would you mind to shorten that to just "0.90.0.3.3.3", cutting the "ShipManifest." part from the beginning? This would make update notification thingies much easier for CKAN :)

You have a quite interesting Version string over on kerbalstuff :)

Would you mind to shorten that to just "0.90.0.3.3.3", cutting the "ShipManifest." part from the beginning? This would make update notification thingies much easier for CKAN :)

I'd be happy to. Let me check out what I have and make the necessary changes.

Ok, I've updated the change log and sent a request to the admins at KerbalStuff to update the title. Not sure where it is parsing from, as I've not dug into the code, but I'm hoping that will correct it.

Further, when I update the plugin (soon), I'll be sure to be more consistent with the version data.

Thanks for the feedback!

Edited by Papa_Joe

In my many mods install i am experiencing a problem with ship manifest. I select two fuel tanks to transfer liquid fuel between them and when i click transfer it transfers 1unit of fuel,the slider is not working and the TextBox that i should be able to type the amount i want to transfer does not take input(it just shows the amount the tank has curently in).:/

In my many mods install i am experiencing a problem with ship manifest. I select two fuel tanks to transfer liquid fuel between them and when i click transfer it transfers 1unit of fuel,the slider is not working and the TextBox that i should be able to type the amount i want to transfer does not take input(it just shows the amount the tank has curently in).:/

thanks for the feedback. I'll look into it. Is realism mode enabled? Also, how much of the resource are you transferring? From target to source or source to target (right to left or left to right?)

thanks for the feedback. I'll look into it. Is realism mode enabled? Also, how much of the resource are you transferring? From target to source or source to target (right to left or left to right?)

It is indeed in realism mode.

i was transfering resources Left to Right. I was transfering 1unit per click because i couldnt change the rate ( as i said before, both the sliders and the text box were not working).

(The slider was stuck in the far right side.)(the Text box was just displaying the amount of resource i had on the selected container)

just wondering, is there a plan to update the rooster to be able to change the job of the kerbal?

Based on earlier feedback, the "job" of each kerbal is tied to their name at creation. You cannot directly change the job of a kerbal, and further, changing the name will cause the job to change (beyond my control).

So, until Squad exposes this portion of the kerbal skill ecosystem in their API, or someone discovers the arcane magic used to do this, I'm out of luck. I've gone over the object model since 0.90 came out, but haven't been very successful in seeing how they work names and skills...

I'm by no means an expert tho, so If anyone out there has better insight, I'd happily learn from their efforts... :)

i was transfering resources Left to Right. I was transfering 1unit per click because i couldnt change the rate ( as i said before, both the sliders and the text box were not working).

(The slider was stuck in the far right side.)(the Text box was just displaying the amount of resource i had on the selected container)

Thanks. It may be a bug in my transfer code then, as I spin up the motor sounds... if it is below a certain amount, it may be too short for the routine to properly handle...

Try it with realism turned off and see if it moves 1 unit... I'll test here as well..

found two bugs:

- tried to transfer life support resources and ended up with negative amounts transfered.

- accidentally transfered 3 crew in a 2 crew pod, made one kerbal disapear. no KIA, just completely gone.

specs:

- ksp .90 x86 @ win7 x64

- realism mode on

found two bugs:

- tried to transfer life support resources and ended up with negative amounts transfered.

- accidentally transfered 3 crew in a 2 crew pod, made one kerbal disapear. no KIA, just completely gone.

specs:

- ksp .90 x86 @ win7 x64

- realism mode on

Ouch.

Thanks for the feedback. On it.

The Negative amounts were recently reported. The 3 crew into a 2 crew pod is new... should have simply swapped the crew member with the source part...

Edited by Papa_Joe

I've followed up with this issue, and I cannot seem to duplicate it. The sliders work fine for me, and I'm able to move 1 or more units of a resource at a time, in either direction. There is a known issue with trying to type in decimals... you have to paste in the desired number (not sure why, but may be a unity issue with textboxes).

The textbox works fine with whole numbers tho.

In any case, I have an update coming, with some other fixes and tweaks to the behavior of SM. I'll post the change log soon.

found two bugs:

specs:

- ksp .90 x86 @ win7 x64

- realism mode on

Hey acc, I tried to duplicate the crew transfer issue and the resources issue. I could not. I used a 3 man capsule and a 2 man landing can... no issues... 3rd crew member swapped with another in the landing can as I expected... All done with realism on.

I also emptied mono-propellent cans and filled cans with no issues.

If you can let me know which parts you are using when the crew xfer and negative balance issues occurs, I'll attempt to duplicate.

Edited by Papa_Joe

I was trying Left to Right with Realism turned on. There was about 40 units of LF in the source tank and plenty of space in the target tank. I had to repeatedly click on the button to transfer anything at all and it was one unit per click.

(Gave up, turned realism mode back off...)

I was trying Left to Right with Realism turned on. There was about 40 units of LF in the source tank and plenty of space in the target tank. I had to repeatedly click on the button to transfer anything at all and it was one unit per click.

(Gave up, turned realism mode back off...)

very strange... I could not duplicate, and did almost exactly the same thing. If you can tell me if the parts were from a particular addon, I can try to duplicate using the same parts....

Update:

New release imminent. Change log below:

Version 0.90.0_3.3.4 - 15 Jan, 2015 - Bugs, Mod Tweaks and More Edition.

- New: Added a Limited Highlighting switch. When on, highlights only source and target parts.

Highlighting switch must be enabled to use.

- New: Added close buttons to upper right of most windows. Cleaned up App launcher toggle button behavior, and synced with close buttons.

- New: Added detection for IVA. Hide Ship Manifest Window when in IVA.

- New: CLS highlightng returns. Previous method replaced with new model. Livable parts only will be highlighted by SM.

To view passable parts, select the space from the CLS plugin menu.

- Bug: Due to KSP 0.90.0 changes, when using Roster, changes to Kerbal names causes the role to change (bad).

- Removed ability to edit name of existing Kerbals.

Packaging the release now. Code has been uploaded to Github.

Update. Released!

Edited by Papa_Joe

Hey acc, I tried to duplicate the crew transfer issue and the resources issue. I could not. I used a 3 man capsule and a 2 man landing can... no issues... 3rd crew member swapped with another in the landing can as I expected... All done with realism on.

I also emptied mono-propellent cans and filled cans with no issues.

If you can let me know which parts you are using when the crew xfer and negative balance issues occurs, I'll attempt to duplicate.

the negative resource bug was happening with tac life support parts (stack 1.25m life support and waste). and the crew transfer bug was a mk 1-2 pod and the stock science lab.

the negative resource bug was happening with tac life support parts (stack 1.25m life support and waste). and the crew transfer bug was a mk 1-2 pod and the stock science lab.

Thanks, I'll see If I can set up a proper test.