[1.1.2] WernherChecker v0.4.1 - Customizable Editor Pre-Flight Checklist ; (May 18)

Magion

YEAH, SURE!

I apologize for a rather late answer, but I quite got used to no traffic here and thus didn't checked this thread for a while.

On June the development was going at the snail's pace (hyperbole - it was actually much slower than that) as the school was taking a fair amount of my free time. But last week I dived deeply into the code and made some good advances - added some tooltips (trickier than it sounds), checking for crew's skills and improved the GUI a little (might forgot something)

Hopefully I will push another pre-release out before I go to a vacation next Wednesday.

Edited by Magion

Hi there,

Let's go streight to the point - The 2nd v0.4 pre-release is waiting for you at GitHub

If possible, please focus mainly on testing the newly added content, such as the new tooltip system and checking for the skills of a crew, so I can further improve it based on your feedback. Since my native language is not english, look for any grammar and spelling mistakes too. Many, many times thanks!

Here's the (almost) full changelog:

* Recompiled against KSP 1.0.4
* Added checking for crew's skills
* Added tooltips
* Changed some colors of the indicators
* Fixed the launch button's tooltip
* Bunch of smaller tweaks

Edited by Magion

I'm liking the tooltips (it might be good if they showed up a bit quicker), but I've found a bug -- when I enter the VAB or SPH for the first time, I can't load any ships. I get this error each time I try:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at WernherChecker.ChecklistSystem.CheckVessel (.ShipConstruct ship) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at WernherChecker.ChecklistSystem.CheckVessel () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EventVoid.Fire () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EditorLogic.StartEditor (Boolean isRestart) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EditorLogic.shipToLoadSelected (System.String path, System.String flagURL, LoadType loadType) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at CraftBrowser.drawList (Int32 id) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.WindowFunction func, Int32 id, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, Int32 forceRect, Single width, Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Picking a checklist gets it past its hangup and lets me load stuff as usual. Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
I'm liking the tooltips (it might be good if they showed up a bit quicker), but I've found a bug -- when I enter the VAB or SPH for the first time, I can't load any ships. I get this error each time I try:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at WernherChecker.ChecklistSystem.CheckVessel (.ShipConstruct ship) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at WernherChecker.ChecklistSystem.CheckVessel () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EventVoid.Fire () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EditorLogic.StartEditor (Boolean isRestart) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EditorLogic.shipToLoadSelected (System.String path, System.String flagURL, LoadType loadType) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at CraftBrowser.drawList (Int32 id) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.WindowFunction func, Int32 id, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, Int32 forceRect, Single width, Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Picking a checklist gets it past its hangup and lets me load stuff as usual. Thanks!

This is strange.

I cloned the git repo and downloaded it, since it seemed like this would be a simple fix.

But I can't find the code which checks the vessel:

WernherChecker.ChecklistSystem.CheckVessel

I can't find ChecklistSystem or CheckVessel anywhere in the code.

so I'm wondering if the git repo is missing some files

I decompiled the dll, and there are a lot of missing files.

Magion, please update the git repo with all the files. In the meantime, see my post below for a fixed version of the code and a github repo of my changes.

If you update git, then I can just clone it and push my changes to you. Otherwise, you can look at my git repo. Keep in mind that my repo was decompiled from your dll, so the ordering of functions may be slightly different.

Thanks

Edited by linuxgurugamer

Hi,

If anyone is interested, I found and fixed the bug with not being able to edit a craft without selecting a checklist.

I also reduced the hovertime on the tooltip from 0.65 seconds to 0.5 seconds

Here is a link to my modified version: wernherchecker.zip

This is my github repository of the modified code: https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/WernherChecker

Edited by linuxgurugamer

Hi,

I spotted this bug a few days after the update and fixed it immediately on my PC, but I decided the next update to be the full release, so I wanted to write some documentation about the new features before I upload it. Unfortunately, the new school year was nearing and I had to finish some school stuffs before the it starts. That took me a LOT of my free time, but my suffering finally ended yesterday and now I'm prepared to finish the v0.4.

FYI, in the pre-release #2 I found yet another bug, where the checking fails and throws exceptions when some seats are unassigned. But don't worry, it shouldn't cause any crashes - it's wrapped in the "catch" block, so your ships are safe :wink:.

This is strange.

I cloned the git repo and downloaded it, since it seemed like this would be a simple fix.

But I can't find the code which checks the vessel:

WernherChecker.ChecklistSystem.CheckVessel

I can't find ChecklistSystem or CheckVessel anywhere in the code.

Hmm... That's strange indeed. I'm pretty confident there are those files somewhere. Are you sure you had the dev branch selected?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I plan to release the v0.4 right after KSP 1.0.5 drops.

Almost 2 months ago I thought the new KSP update is just about to be released, but now it's still not out. It seemed stupid to me to update WernherChecker when KSP 1.1 looked to be just around the corner and I would have to compile and release it again for the new KSP version. But I didn't know that the unexpected problems will delay the KSP 1.1 (now 1.0.5) up to the november.

At least I could add some more tweaks and improvements to the update. Now I'm just finishing the readme pass with more detailed description and making sure everything works and no bugs are present.

Much thanks for your patience.

I plan to release the v0.4 right after KSP 1.0.5 drops.

Almost 2 months ago I thought the new KSP update is just about to be released, but now it's still not out. It seemed stupid to me to update WernherChecker when KSP 1.1 looked to be just around the corner and I would have to compile and release it again for the new KSP version. But I didn't know that the unexpected problems will delay the KSP 1.1 (now 1.0.5) up to the november.

At least I could add some more tweaks and improvements to the update. Now I'm just finishing the readme pass with more detailed description and making sure everything works and no bugs are present.

Much thanks for your patience.

Thanks for the update

LGG

Aaaaaaalmost there!

This weekend I had the first chance in this week to sit behind my PC and do some work on the v0.4 and now I have a feeling, that everything is finally as it should be. Too bad I am a perfectionist and anything looking unlike I like it is, for me, a reason to delay the release :D

Now only do all the release-related stuffs like taking some screenshots highlighting the mod and its new features, writing release post and changelog and packing all the files together.

Now it's finaly THE TIME! After my short break, WernherChecker has been officially updated! v0.4 is available for download at Kerbal Stuff, CurseForce and GitHub.

And what's new?
* Checking for resource capacity, current resource amount, crew's skills and part presence
* Tooltips

* Criterion's parameters in-game editing
* Significant preformance increase
* KSP 1.0.5 support
* Changed color of the indicator lights
* Bugfixes and tweaks

Full changelog available in the OP

Enjoy!

Edited by Magion

[quote name='Magion']Now it's finaly THE TIME! After my [I]short break[/I], WernherChecker has been officially updated! [B]v0.4 is available for download at [URL="https://goo.gl/QrOm6p"]Kerbal Stuff[/URL], [URL="http://goo.gl/UMt8si"]CurseForce[/URL] and [URL="https://goo.gl/D1DtLQ"]GitHub[/URL].[/B]

And what's new?
[B][SIZE=3]
* [COLOR=#33aa00]Checking for resource capacity, current resource amount, crew's skills and part presence[/COLOR]
* [COLOR=#33aa00]Tooltips[/COLOR][/SIZE]
* Criterion's parameters in-game editing
* Significant preformance increase
* KSP 1.0.5 support
* Changed color of the indicator lights
* Bugfixes and tweaks[/B]

Full changelog available in the OP

Enjoy![/QUOTE]

Let me be the first to congratulate you on the new release!!

When I compiled it againts the KSP 1.0.5 for the first time, no errors because of changed API popped up, so v0.4 [I]probably [/I]doesn't refer to any values not defined in KSP 1.0.4. So it should work just fine.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.