0.23 PartTools

Mu.

On 13.10.2015 at 1:32 AM, Climberfx said:

We will son have new part tools for 1.0.5, huhullll!

Great news!

So... It's NEXT YEAR already. Where is new version?

Or was it another SOON™?

Edited by Dr. Jet

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Cdr_Zeta said:

Greetings,

The dropbox worked for me...I got the v23; gonna get the 20; do the copy over; find the right version of Unity (??) to port Blender parts to?

Commander Zeta

IIRC, Unity 4.2.2 is the last version for the 0.20 Part Tools, and Unity 4.3.4 is the last to use with PT 0.23.... Although, @CliftonM , IIRC, has reportedly been able to use newer versions of Unity with 0.23 with little or no trouble...???

Hello,

20 is a package I have to update/add ever time? I can add this no problem.

I will make a project with all the assets I guess then figure the ones I am not using in the final product?

I am having trouble inmporting .23...

--- PartTools 0.20 ---

UPGRADING FROM PREVIOUS EDITIONS

If you are upgrading your existing part project to use the new PartTools you have a few steps to take.

1. First import the UpgradeProject package included in this zip
2. Run the script via the menu option Tools->Upgrade PartTools
3. Delete the old Plugins/KSP directory
4. Import the PartTools package included in the zip
5. All existing PartTools prefabs will require resetting to use the new PartTools component.

Overview

PartTools has had a refresh and is now a lot easier to use. It comes in precompiled dlls and a nicer directory structure and supports some more advanced features.
 Because of the ability to read another model's textures by name, it no longer forces renaming of textures to modelXXX. The 'model name' is now used as the actual filename of the model. Do not add an extension to this field.

To make PartTools work you need to add the new package to Unity and then set your GameData directory via Tools->KSP PartTools. This will set the GameData directory and make all paths used in PartTools relative to that.

gads I will work it later ...

Commander Zeta

Edited by Cdr_Zeta

1 hour ago, Stone Blue said:

IIRC, Unity 4.2.2 is the last version for the 0.20 Part Tools, and Unity 4.3.4 is the last to use with PT 0.23.... Although, @CliftonM , IIRC, has reportedly been able to use newer versions of Unity with 0.23 with little or no trouble...???

That is correct.  You can't do animation in Unity with it, but you can import it from your favorite piece of animation software, as long as you import it with a legacy rig.  All of my part mods have been made with Unity 5.  You will still come upon an issue with props and such in 1.0.5, as the .23 part tools freak out when they come upon DDS's.  Remember to remove MM files before opening part tools for doing IVA's, or else it'll get scared.  Both of those problems are with Part Tools, not Unity 5.

On 1/22/2016 at 4:34 PM, RaginCaucasian said:

I've tried searching through this thread, but no joy; Is there a way to change the directory you set for GameData when PartTools was first loaded?

Not sure if this is what your asking but when you put parts on your model and you get ready to export you see ( File URL ) you can change it and have it export where ever

On 1/30/2016 at 11:43 AM, MeCripp said:

Not sure if this is what your asking but when you put parts on your model and you get ready to export you see ( File URL ) you can change it and have it export where ever

I was using an outdated version of PartTools. Once I installed the most recent version, I saw the option in the PartTools window.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, Dr. Jet said:

Hello there? KSP 1.1 is pre-released already. Where are the tools? 

It's not in pre-release already, and won't be until after experimentals ends and they haven't even started yet.

19 hours ago, hoojiwana said:

It's not in pre-release already, and won't be until after experimentals ends and they haven't even started yet.

That's bad... working PartTools are vital for my new experiments.

no, but parttools could have been dropped before 1.0.5, bunch of the new Internals are unloadable with the old one, just crashes Unity. whatever results from new parttools has to work in the current version of the game otherwise they can't use it internally. waiting till 1.1 just seems a very arbitrary choice.

Edited by nli2work

11 minutes ago, nli2work said:

waiting till 1.1 just seems a very arbitrary choice.

Did you follow 1.1 news at all ? We get a large bump in Unity version. The new partTool would not work at all with the current KSP.

Sure, but the internal stuff was broken before 1.0.5. All I'm saying is PartTools could use a little more love relative to the game, 5 updates to the game and 0 updates part tools. Internally it must have been updated at least once or twice since 0.23, or we wouldn't have the issues opening the Internals in 1.0.5 as we do now.

• 3 weeks later...
On 21/01/2016 at 10:34 PM, RaginCaucasian said:

I've tried searching through this thread, but no joy; Is there a way to change the directory you set for GameData when PartTools was first loaded?

coppy the whole file reference from the top of the location you wanty to go and paste it in the box

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.