[Collection] Silisko Industries - BACE 0.3(1) released! [April 28]

NovaSilisko

Those looks great. I know you made it to have the same proportions as the space shuttle but are you sure it has enough mass to get into orbit? Looks kinds small.

I don\'t think mass has anything to do with being able to orbit. I don\'t see why it wouldn\'t be able to orbit: especially if it could get above the atmosphere, and go at orbital velocity.

I don\'t think mass has anything to do with being able to orbit. I don\'t see why it wouldn\'t be able to orbit: especially if it could get above the atmosphere, and go at orbital velocity.

Fuel mass. It needs enough energy to get out of the atmosphere and reach orbital velocity. Although the total mass of the craft influences the total energy required so its a carefully balanced problem.

In reality yes. In KSP it\'s magic and dictated only by the part developer. It can have the mass of a blood cell and the fuel of all the LH2/LOX in the universe for all the game cares.

But nova likes his stuff to be balanced.

Yeah. those SRB... lovely things they are.

'Together they provided about 83% of liftoff thrust for the Space Shuttle. They were located on either side of the rusty or orange-colored external propellant tank. Each SRB produced 80% more liftoff thrust than one F-1 engine, the most powerful single-chamber liquid-fueled rocket engine ever flown ' wikipedia

Well, they\'re the product of one of the largest conglomerates the world has ever seen (Honeywell, ATK formed from them). They produce pretty much every solid rocket engine for U.S. missile systems, and have enough weight to throw around that they insured their SRBs would co-power the next foreseeable generations of NASA\'s manned space vehicles.

lol\'d. What exactly is the cubesat for? I understand it\'s probably not functional, but what\'s it\'s intended function?

a satellite that is a cube. Right now satellites do not function in any way. they are just payloads for missions. Once we have persistence, they could become objects to visit in orbit.