[Collection] Silisko Industries - BACE 0.3(1) released! [April 28]

NovaSilisko

internal tank would hardly look like that.

als, a rocket fuel tank needs two tanks. Fuel and oxidizer.

I\'m simplifying it for the purposes of KSP. Harv has said eventually oxidizer will be included, and it will be separate tanks.

Edit: We can also say that Kerbals have invented a potent monopropellant fuel.

They can try again.

That was back when the community was smaller, more stable, and more tight-knit. I can\'t imagine what would happen if it was done now. =P

I would support it if they could actually come to a consensus.

I think that, in theory, it would be possible. It seems that all (or most, at the very least) of the modders here are pretty friendly. Hell, if we tried hard enough, it could work. (Possibly.) Democracy does occasionally work. Don\'t see why it wouldn\'t here.

What if we thought of some balance values and ran them by Harvester?

It\'d have to add a bit of challenge.

I sent the old Silisko Edition ones to him and he seemed to be fond of them, but I\'ve realized they\'re incredibly unrealistic now. I\'m trying to make the new balance feel similar to the old balance, while being more realistic in terms of numbers.

Anyone have the equation for calculating specific impulse handy?

Nova Can you make a NP_1m and 1.75m payload fairing plate plz

1. Don\'t just copypaste a request from another thread into this one.

2. NovaPunch is Tiberion\'s project now. I\'m done with SIDR and 1.75m parts.

As I said in the OTHER thread, just making the plate would be useless since the panels themselves will ONLY fit together in a 2m cylinder. You would need separate 1m-sized panels (which is too tiny to be useful anyway)

Also: Nova did NOT make the original fairings in NP, SundayPunch did, and *I* did the conversion to the plate system and made the plate.

Right here. Scroll down a tad to where it says rocketry.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Specific_impulse#Specific_impulse_in_seconds

Oh, derp. I always forget to look in the obvious places.

Edit: Considering that Kerbals live on a neutron star and build rockets out of scrap metal, I\'m inventing my own sort of monopropellant fuel - Oxypropozine. Performance is similar to Hydrazine, and it\'s even more toxic and flammable.

Also, I modeled an engine:

ss20120204205723.png

Time to texture it.

Eventually, I want to make tiny SRBs and an ET for the Vanguard...

Is it going to use the main engines of the Vanguard? Because if it does, you should add orbital maneuvering thrusters for deorbiting. Or just give it a little bit of internal fuel.

Oh and are you sure you\'re not going to put in a payload bay? You know, with the doors being decouplers? I know on reentry it\'d be a little silly looking, but this is KSP. :P (If you do add a payload bay, size the Vanguard up to fit a small Probodobodyne satellite.)

Performance is similar to Hydrazine, and it\'s even more toxic and flammable.

More toxic and flammable than hydrazine?! I suppose it\'s possible, but speaking as someone who\'s worked with the stuff, it\'s a scary concept, though if it were less volatile that might actually make it safer to handle than hydrazine...

Anyway, a suggestion re: BACE - would it be feasible to make some sort of shroud system to attach around the more fragile-topped parts and provide stackability?

Is it going to use the main engines of the Vanguard? Because if it does, you should add orbital maneuvering thrusters for deorbiting. Or just give it a little bit of internal fuel.

Oh and are you sure you\'re not going to put in a payload bay? You know, with the doors being decouplers? I know on reentry it\'d be a little silly looking, but this is KSP. :P (If you do add a payload bay, size the Vanguard up to fit a small Probodobodyne satellite.)

I\'m going to make a different engine part for that sort of launch, which is set at an angle.

For the payload bay, I\'m waiting until animation is in.