[Collection] Silisko Industries - BACE 0.3(1) released! [April 28]

NovaSilisko

I\'ve been meaning to post for a while to commend you on your parts.

You defiantly produce some of the best models around here from what I\'ve seen.

If I had to give you some constructive advice, each window on the BACE Habitat has 116 polys.

You could recess that window without loosing much if any detail with less than half those polys.

Keep up the good work.

A totally redesigned Silisko Edition was really unexpected. Interesting.

If it won\'t replace stock parts... does it mean it will be balanced for stock game? Or will it include new cfg\'s for stock parts? This is confusing.

Guess we\'ll see eventually. Even if this ends up just 80% as good as the original it would still be one of the best packs out there if not the best.

A totally redesigned Silisko Edition was really unexpected. Interesting.

If it won\'t replace stock parts... does it mean it will be balanced for stock game? Or will it include new cfg\'s for stock parts? This is confusing.

Guess we\'ll see eventually. Even if this ends up just 80% as good as the original it would still be one of the best packs out there if not the best.

No, it won\'t touch the stock parts. It will be balanced the same way as the old Silisko Edition, though.

No, it won\'t touch the stock parts. It will be balanced the same way as the old Silisko Edition, though.

Ahh, so it\'ll coexist with the standard game, but still balanced differently?

Also, have you considered making a version balanced for the mainline game? I\'m cool with whatever decision you make.

Ahh, so it\'ll coexist with the standard game, but still balanced differently?

Also, have you considered making a version balanced for the mainline game? I\'m cool with whatever decision you make.

Well, as you (and likely everyone else, by now :P) know, I really don\'t like how the vanilla parts are balanced - so, these will be using my standard. But, people didn\'t like me replacing the default parts, so I\'m doing away with that aspect.

Well, as you (and likely everyone else, by now :P) know, I really don\'t like how the vanilla parts are balanced - so, these will be using my standard. But, people didn\'t like me replacing the default parts, so I\'m doing away with that aspect.

Haha, it\'s not like KSP is that big. I have a vanilla KSP folder, KSP-2 is dedicated to your packs, KSP-3 is dedicated to C7, and KSP-4 was just created for the Ausplane and the Hope shuttle packs.

What I\'m saying is are you going to make it compatible with other mod packs? It won\'t matter to me because I\'ll just rebalance them anyway and keep your numbers in their own installation.

What I\'m saying is are you going to make it compatible with other mod packs? It won\'t matter to me because I\'ll just rebalance them anyway and keep your numbers in their own installation.

It\'s unlikely. I\'m taking a more scientific approach, this time. I\'m actually designing the internal structure, and basing fuel values off of that.

ss20120204160324.png

For example, let\'s assume that fuel in KSP has the same density of water - the tank on the left is right around 0.75 cubic meters, which gives a weight of around 750 kg. In KSP units, that\'s 0.75 mass. Would 0.25 empty mass be too much?

And yet, people complain about C7\'s pack being overpowered due to its high fuel capacity and low consumption engines - they\'re designed to simulate aircraft, of course they\'re not balanced for spacecraft... :x

And yet, people complain about C7\'s pack being overpowered due to its high fuel capacity and low consumption engines - they\'re designed to simulate aircraft, of course they\'re not balanced for spacecraft... :x

C7 is making the fuselages in three different configurations. One is structural, one is for atmospheric flight, and the other is for spaceflight.

People complain about everything though :P

The real issue is when they use fuel-rich tanks with super-efficient engines from another pack. The NP tanks hold more fuel per weight than KW tanks, so when someone uses my tanks with their engines, it gets a little OP, but if I had just cut the numbers to 10% then they\'d do the opposite, use the efficient engines designed for 1fuelunit=1kg and strap them on other tanks.

In the end, you can\'t worry about what people do with the parts on their own - if you can make the numbers work somewhat with other packs then cool, but its how your own parts work together thats the main thing.