Work-in-Progress [WIP] Design Thread

GusTurbo

That would be a p-26 Peashooter, the first aircraft you receive when playing the U.S. airforce in War Thunder.

Yep, the P-26. It flies as well as you would expect it, although it isn't super maneuverable. Thanks to the jet engine, it goes pretty fast, almost too fast.

I just need to add some struts to keep the side panels from flopping around during flight and possibly revise the hump behind the pilot's seat.

"Es Braust Unser Panzer, im Sturmwind dahin!"

sz0Xctr.png

The first tank I tried to create in KSP, the Panzer IV Ausf. H.

Any suggestions? I couldn't get the turret to rotate, though. At least without having it end up in catastrophe.

Very cool! Its hard to see from the picture, but it seems like the front plate is too curved, and idk if you have the spaced armor around the turret. Also not sure if you have a commanders hatch there, but again, thats the pic

Thanks! I changed the front plating a little, and here's a better view:

FIbwnw3.jpg

hdex8oB.png

The P-26 has turned out better than I could have hoped, I even managed to fit a 100lb bomb underneath the cockpit!

UvmjEgT.jpg

bUXODSA.jpg

Well, its destructive power may not be great enough to kill buildings, but I bet you could wreck a tank or jeep with the bomb if you were accurate (dive bomb that sucker).

The Peashooter is, in all regards, complete and ready for release. I think I want to release a pack of "Golden Age" planes, ranging from pre-WWI aircraft to WWI piston engine planes, but I don't know what I can build that hasn't been done already or won't seem unique enough to warrant building it. Besides, I don't want to build another one of these right now, it can get tiring.

BEZk8CF.png

Can you people give me your opinion? Should I release this as a stand-alone craft, make a pack of planes and then release it with them, or release it now and build a pack off of it?

http://i.imgur.com/hdex8oB.png

The P-26 has turned out better than I could have hoped, I even managed to fit a 100lb bomb underneath the cockpit!

http://i.imgur.com/UvmjEgT.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/bUXODSA.jpg

Well, its destructive power may not be great enough to kill buildings, but I bet you could wreck a tank or jeep with the bomb if you were accurate (dive bomb that sucker).

The Peashooter is, in all regards, complete and ready for release. I think I want to release a pack of "Golden Age" planes, ranging from pre-WWI aircraft to WWI piston engine planes, but I don't know what I can build that hasn't been done already or won't seem unique enough to warrant building it. Besides, I don't want to build another one of these right now, it can get tiring.

http://i.imgur.com/BEZk8CF.png

Can you people give me your opinion? Should I release this as a stand-alone craft, make a pack of planes and then release it with them, or release it now and build a pack off of it?

I like it alot!

If you have time a pack is always nice, if not it looks good enough for a standalone release.

Release it now, I want to play with it :)
I like it alot!

If you have time a pack is always nice, if not it looks good enough for a standalone release.

Alright, I think I'm going to release it this afternoon (provided I have time) so I can get it out before 1.0.5 breaks it. I can build a pack off of it and possibly my Fokker triplane.

EDIT: Change of plans; I have to rebuild it first to make sure it still works with the new jet engine models. Hopefully the turbines don't take up that much room.

Edited by pTrevTrevs

Space shuttle main engine added to game...so I used it to make an orion mpcv :P

http://i.imgur.com/5RGSqu8.png

thoughts?

I don't want to come off as critical, but these are the things I noticed, and I am not sure how detailed your replica is meant to be.

Orion is a 4 person module

The heat shield on orion is attached directly to the base and is encased in a ring, the ring stays with the crew service module, yours would disappear when staged.

The Orion has a flatter cone shape, where that one is more Apollo like.

It also has a longer four window design

The solar panels come from the base of the CSV not underneath it.

The CSV may be a bit longer

But, with just using a stock capsule, thats about as close as it gets.

Someone on asked for it Seaplane SSTO, or SSSTO, or in this case Hydrofoil SSTO. Needs a little tweaking, the nose gets destroyed on landing, everything I have tried so far, but if I extend the floats forward that might work, got to 138km x almost something, was 100ms short of 100km, a new nose could fix that.

Jyj4y2l.png

Javascript is disabled. View full album

44mT payload @ 100km circular, now with extra-huge bay, room for a full crew, and a rear loading ramp. If you squint, you can still see the longsword there... especially in the 25% payload fraction.

i5RSUef.png

nk9X8ab.png

Rune. Now let's tinker with miniaturization. :)