[1.2.x] Kerbonov Kn-2 Cockpit Module

Sam Hall

Thanks! It's got a couple of RemoteTech parts on it (which I can remove) along with the KAS stuff (the toolboxes are full of attachments and spare parts), but it's otherwise stock (except for the cockpit, of course).

The maiden voyage found a few design flaws I need to take care of, but I'll share it when it's fixed.

Thanks! It's got a couple of RemoteTech parts on it (which I can remove) along with the KAS stuff (the toolboxes are full of attachments and spare parts), but it's otherwise stock (except for the cockpit, of course).

The maiden voyage found a few design flaws I need to take care of, but I'll share it when it's fixed.

Looking forward to it! And yes, i woudl rather have it without remotetech parts.

By the way, it got scansat antenna too, if you are mentioning mods used.

Edited by kiwiak

Yeah, that's on it too. I always strip off any non-essential mod parts when distributing a craft file, so those will be gone.

When designing, I try not to use mod parts if there's a stock part available that will do the job, to make it easier to "sanitize" craft files.

Ok, I finally got the kinks worked out of my Mun lander design...

bJd7kcq.png

Javascript is disabled. View full album

I had to remove a little fuel because I was getting flow-control issues, but it's still got enough for a Mun-landing with a reasonable 25% safety margin.

Here's the thread with the download links: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/67253-Kiwi-Lander-A-reusable-Mun-capable-lander-built-around-the-new-Kn-2-cockpit?p=928499#post928499

Edited by RoboRay

And now for something completely different...

A tilt-rotor crew recovery/rescue/transport vehicle.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

It cruises at 150m/sec at 1500m, and faster as you go higher. I haven't explored the range yet, but there's plenty of room for more drop-tanks, if need be.

Edited by RoboRay

That would have been cool, but nope! Haven't figured out how to make the fins both fold and act as control surfaces yet. I'm afraid it might involve some sort of .dll sorcery that's way beyond a simple blendermonkey.

Couldn't you just use the lander leg type animation programming? Make it so the wing works in folded and unfolded aerodynamically, that way it'd be less difficult to deal with...I'd assume. :)

Glad I found this! (I saw Roboray's lander and absolutely needed to find the control pod)

I've been using the Mk-whatever inline plane pod for some of my landers recently, because the landers are also doubling as satellite launchers, and need a flat top.

This is 500x better, and actually has an (awesome) IVA!

Nice! I'm not a spaceplane fan, [...]:D

:/

Your profile pic is a spaceplane. :D

Anyways, it's so cute! I had to tell my mom it's so cute it's so cute, and I squeed when I saw the little living quarters! I love that kind'a' thing! :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.