HGR 1.875m parts R&D Thread [Mod reboot in progress] (First Dev build now available)

Orionkermin

I think XanderTek is mis-spelled as XandetTek.

I haven't played with HGR in a while, I love how well the whole Soy Juice package works, with the real chute and landertron, the new onion and the fairing and abort motor. Oh and the solar panels are really awesome and work suprisingly well for being non-suntracking.

I think XanderTek is mis-spelled as XandetTek.

Aye, I just skimmed the landertron thread and apparently I happened to DL a version that was spelled wrong. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. I'm glad you're enjoying the newer stuff, it's been a long process, but I think it's been worth it.

I have no MFDs in IVA anymore for these capsules. Could it be a conflict with HSI MFDs? If so, how can I fix?

Rpm .16

HSI MFDs latest

Vessel viewer latest

Horizontal situation indicator latest. Etc

Edited by UAL002

I have no MFDs in IVA anymore for these capsules. Could it be a conflict with HSI MFDs? If so, how can I fix?

Rpm .16

HSI MFDs latest

Vessel viewer latest

Horizontal situation indicator latest. Etc

Ahh, try updating to RPM .17 the newest release changed a lot and my IVAs just got updated to use that version. If that doesn't work I'll try to figure out something else. :)

Also make sure you have the latest module manager. (It should be bundled with RPM anyways)

I would also check to make sure the HSI MFDs are compatible with the latest RPM release.

I forget what it was but something I use wasn't compatable with .17 so I rolled it back. I can just wait patiently till everyone is on .17 and then update. No worries. If you see anything obvious let me know.

EDIT: it might have been kerbin shuttle orbiter system that didn't like .17 but I haven't updated ksos to 3.09 yet. I didn't see any mention of it being ready for .17

Edited by UAL002

I forget what it was but something I use wasn't compatable with .17 so I rolled it back. I can just wait patiently till everyone is on .17 and then update. No worries. If you see anything obvious let me know.

EDIT: it might have been kerbin shuttle orbiter system that didn't like .17 but I haven't updated ksos to 3.09 yet. I didn't see any mention of it being ready for .17

3.09 is ready for 0.17 because it has it own MFD models so no problems occur. The problems that occured during the change to 0.17 only affected those mods who used the MFD prop which was supplied by RPM but this RPM prop got replaced by a new one

Well then I'm fully lost. But my RPMs function on everything but HGR pods right now. So I'll leave it be for now so I don't make it worse.

What about Kerbal Space Industries [MFD 1.2], are HGR pods compatible with that?

Well then I'm fully lost. But my RPMs function on everything but HGR pods right now. So I'll leave it be for now so I don't make it worse.

What about Kerbal Space Industries [MFD 1.2], are HGR pods compatible with that?

They should be automatically but not before KSI is updated for RPM 0.17 :wink:

EDIT: Install RPM 0.17 and for those pods who have problems just open the InternalRPM.cfg and do like described here to solve the issue (doesn't work with all mods though. So yeah kick the modders arse so they update their mods hahahahaha ) :

There is an issue with RPM .17 because of the modulemanager patches. What happens is the old RPM screen was "RasterPropMonitorExampleMFD" and the new one is "RasterPropMonitorBasicMFD". The MM patch file "0.16-0.17-upgrade-patch.cfg" that comes with RPM .17 does this but for some reason only does it to the first one it finds for the IVA and the rest (10 others for the SP+ pit) don't get changed, and since "RasterPropMonitorExampleMFD" doesn't exist anymore you don't get them.

An easy fix is to edit the SP+ pit internal file and change all 11 entries from "RasterPropMonitorExampleMFD" to "RasterPropMonitorBasicMFD".

Notepad+ makes this very easy, edit "KSP_win\GameData\SpaceplanePlus\Spaces\Mk2CockpitStandardInternals\internalRPM.cfg", in the menu choose Search - Replace... , put RasterPropMonitorExampleMFD in the 'Find what:' box and RasterPropMonitorBasicMFD in the 'Replace with:' box and hit the replace button.

http://i.imgur.com/CQsE99m.jpg?1

Edited by DasBananenbrot

Wow nice :D Will it get a new Service and Propulsion Module with 4 little engines like the real Shenzou?

Not officially planned as it's a lot of time and resources for something that I feel adds little to the pack. However I'll see if I can rig something up using the existing assets as an optional DL, because you've been around since the beginnings of HGR and I know you've wanted a four nozzle service module forever. So, no promises but I will try.

So if anyone feels I've been neglecting the Shenzhou part of this mod, here's a couple pics that might make you feel better.

http://i.imgur.com/axnrAiv.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/ACpTSJp.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/H1vrvuU.png

Since the stripes on the long-walk tank are red, I think the Long-March Style nosecone should be red or the stripes on the long-walk tank should be changed to be blue.

Not officially planned as it's a lot of time and resources for something that I feel adds little to the pack. However I'll see if I can rig something up using the existing assets as an optional DL, because you've been around since the beginnings of HGR and I know you've wanted a four nozzle service module forever. So, no promises but I will try.

That would be ..Well I am happy with just the normal service module but this would bethe topping on the topping xD I would love you forever if would do that :D *furiously gives more *rep* Wish I could do that more than once at a time though :D

That would be ..Well I am happy with just the normal service module but this would bethe topping on the topping xD I would love you forever if would do that :D *furiously gives more *rep* Wish I could do that more than once at a time though :D

2014-07-14_00001_zpse360979e.jpg

How's that look? If that's acceptable for you I can throw up a DL for it. (It's just a model and cfg file, they'll just get merged into HGR. It wont replace the standard version.)

It does work perfectly :)

Ok cool, I'll add it to the OP. Hope it looks ok in person it was just a quick unity job. That dark circle near the engines is from texture baking and I have no way to get rid of it without a lot of work.

2JsKF3U.jpg

The Leek seems to be working decently as an orbital module. It may be a little small for "Eyes turned skyward" but I think it's still an ok fit with the Mk1-2 pod.

So, my plan with KSP .24 is to do a quick balance pass of costs as soon as I get my hands on the new version. I'll throw that version up here on the beta and then based on initial feedback I'll update the main HGR release early next week. (That is if .24 comes out in the next day or two) I won't be including the PMK, Lima, or the original version of the onion in the main release as I feel they still need a lot more done to be even considered worthy of the main release, let alone done. I'll keep the old version of the onion up for the next update or two, but it will be going away at some point now that I have the Leek. I may post it up as an extra DL if people still want to use it.

I've found that a balanced mix of working on new parts and improving old ones keeps things interesting and the mod moving forward. This will likely be the way I continue to do things.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.