Helix II, reliable, handy cargo plane

xoknight

Manuverable, Fast, Reliable, this plane can be used as a fuel tanker, crew transporter, or a cargo plane with no problems.

This plane can be modified to carried crew, bombs, cargo, a docking port etc. Since there is a big clearance between the ground and the belly of the plane, it can carry +15 ton Cargo with ease. This plane can withstand getting a wing blown off and land it perfectly fine, it can get both of it's landing gear broken off and land fine with only it's frontal landing gear, it can withstand waterlandings, it can break out of stalls, and it also can lift off (with NO cargo) at 30m/s or about in 40 feet. It's versatile duel engines can carry the plane to 20,000 meters and still speed across the globe at the speed of sound. Also it's unique tail design gives the plane very powerful yaw control. This plane is designed as a small cargo plane to fly at relatively low/medium altitudes. THIS PLANE CAN TAKE A BEATING.

Craft File: http://www./view/cr5mcrp94gbzpc6/Helix%20II.craft

Helix II (in design/prototype stage):

sJ5O92z.png

Very short takeoff:

cVip2bP.png

Incredible engine versatility:

6WaTHQT.png

Cruising:

vFXCPck.png

Hey Gus, this is kinda off topic but, how did you get the accomplishments tab on the bottom of your comments?

Just click tthe signature and it should redirect to the forum thread for the sigs. From that thread, there is a link for the signauture generator. Enjoy :wink:

• 4 weeks later...

:cool: good job xoknight it's exactly work as you wrote, except one thing, holding cargo is not very easy due to the mk3 fuselage shape and I have tried a supply drop but the fuel tank was removed by the game... perhaps because it land in the water :confused: (<- this is the kerbal spaceball in charge of the drop !)

More pics of your attach style could be helpful.

If you have more cargo design, I buy them all :).

I like it, very simple but it does work. However I still have yet to find something to compete with my Air-6. To be honest it would be pretty easy due to it's age but of you want a look here is a link to the old rusted struts. That thing isn't to good looking back on it.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/36803-Air-6C-Big-Bird

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.