[1.10.0] Final Frontier - kerbal individual merits 1.10.0-3485

Nereid

KSP 1.1.0  

853 members have voted

1. 1. Is FinalFrontier working in KSP 1.1.0?

• Yes
    • No
    • It doesn't matter; this poll was just created to remove the outdated old one...

is there a way to remap the hotkey F to another key? It interferes with the Boarding Hotkey on EVA.

Yeah, about to suggest too, alt+f is the same for FPS viewer, and usually I don't a need to open the window with a quick key.

But what is your f key activating?

I did not checked the new KSP save mechanics (multiple saves) yet. Maybe they could cause some issues if they won't store its data in a seperate folder. To use another kind of save format/structure/classes/api/whatsever in the KSPsave is on my todo list, but it will come with a price. The way its done makes sure that FF doesn't corrupt anything and its making debugging much easier.

Currently FF could only work with a single timeline. If time is reverted all ribbons to that point in time are lost. Loading another save including a later point in time will not bring back any ribbons.

Some others have asked this already. And I have thought about it a few times. I'm a bit reluctant to do this for a few reasons: First it's a tedious task, no fun at all from a programmers point of view. Second we need a migration path. And then there is a chance for new bugs that will cause data loss. Any backups would have to be done outside FF and we need a better backup plugin in my opinion.

The positive aspects: the halloffame.ksp was simple at first. But now the code for reading it is getting way to complicated. Extending it for new features is no fun at all, too. So recoding it would remove some clumsy things a text parser regulary suffers from.

The main problem at the moment is time.... well not time directly, but on October 30. EU4 will be released. So that weekend is completely reserved for another game. ;)

Maybe in the first weeks of November I could try to implement another persistence solution - or I get bored to death until then and I realise that's much easier to implement than I'm expecting. ;)

To answer your question, if its planed: Yo/Nes. The answer is somewhere between Yes and No. ;)

Have you considered to use a ScenarioModule to store the data into the persistence file?

Still digging away at this issue... it does not appear to be a bug, but rather a mod incompatibility issue or somehow my game has become corrupted.

You should switch to maintaining your mods via CKAN :sticktongue:

I'm sorry if this appears lazy, but I didn't get anything via searching the thread--is there a way to correct an error in "Missions spent"? I have a few Kerbals who are described as having zero missions, but a bunch of medals.

I didn't see any statistic in the persistent file a I expected, so would I have to edit a particular file? The most recent HallofFame.ksp file was a little hard to make out in Notepad, and I didn't want to break anything else in this otherwise excellent mod.

Have you considered to use a ScenarioModule to store the data into the persistence file?

Currently I haven't considered anything. I'm out for business twice a month and still have not enough spare time to continue (and if there is time, I'm not in the mood for debugging/coding, because I have done similar things at work). But holiday is aproaching. :) Unfortunately work will take priority over my spare time again in mid January. Some other have developed somekind of framework which I could use, if I remember right.

Because Squad had changed the savegame concept, I will have to do something about this anyway.

Regarding bugs: I rarely play KSP at the moment. So I won't notice them myself. Keep track of them and maybe we can resolve them at the end of the year.

So I love this mod and have been using it since release but something just started happening yesterday I've never seen before.

I just returned a crew from a space station, they had spent over 60 days in Orbit but upon recovery of the vessel, their mission time was never updated nor was the number of missions they had been on but the new guy on the board got all his ribbons so not sure whats going on, any suggestions?

So.... the big question... does this still work with 0.90?

Works for me as intended, even works well when you fire a Kerbal. I know in previous versions they would show up as dead if you used a mod to fire them, now they are removed correctly from the hall of fame ribbon board.

Works for me as intended, even works well when you fire a Kerbal. I know in previous versions they would show up as dead if you used a mod to fire them, now they are removed correctly from the hall of fame ribbon board.

Nice. Our man Nereid definitely has a lot of new potential to work with in this mod after .90

I'm still calling for a persistence integration if this is logical from the dev side.

Some other have developed somekind of framework which I could use, if I remember right.

When the time comes here's another example for you from ContractConfigurator - it's a *very* generic data store for saving values within the save game:

PersistantDataStore.cs. If you want to use it, please take this post as me officially waiving the ShareAlike clause for this code for Nereid (ie. you can re-release under the BSD2 license).

Give me a few days. I have just downloaded 0.90. Installaing FF, NG and my favorite mods right now.

I just returned a crew from a space station, they had spent over 60 days in Orbit but upon recovery of the vessel, their mission time was never updated nor was the number of missions they had been on but the new guy on the board got all his ribbons so not sure whats going on, any suggestions?

Have you changed any name of any kerbal?

When the time comes here's another example for you from ContractConfigurator - it's a *very* generic data store for saving values within the save game:

PersistantDataStore.cs. If you want to use it, please take this post as me officially waiving the ShareAlike clause for this code for Nereid (ie. you can re-release under the BSD2 license).

I will give it a try. Maybe this weekend.

So now that Kerbals have fixed roles, how's about tying the blue, green and red ribbons to the experience levels? I.E. Jeb will start with a "Qualified Operations" ribbon (maybe rename Ops to Piloting), and upgrade on leveling up his pilot skill.

I kind of hate the change (yay, now the game is forcing me to use "stupid" scientists), but there's no going back now...

I installed this mod the other day but none of my kerbals are getting ribbon awards. I installed it with a career already in progress so I don;t know if that has anything to do with it. I tried manually awarding them for the things they have done but couldnt figure out how.

Edit: Science not career. Forgot that career was a completely different game type.

Edited by Jimmygozinya

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.