[1.10.0] Final Frontier - kerbal individual merits 1.10.0-3485

Nereid

KSP 1.1.0  

853 members have voted

1. 1. Is FinalFrontier working in KSP 1.1.0?

• Yes
    • No
    • It doesn't matter; this poll was just created to remove the outdated old one...

20 hours ago, Gryphon said:

Does FF recognize RealChute parachutes for the 1% fuel landing ribbon? I'm asking because one of my Kerbals just got the ribbon for landing a craft with deployed RealChute parachutes.

(RealChute removes the ModuleParachute from all the stock parts and replaces it with a RealChuteModule. Oh, and FAR uses a "lite" version of RealChute that modifies the ModuleParachute on stock parts to be a RealChuteFAR module.)

Just tested it. RealChute works for me as it should. At least with stock chutes,.

16 hours ago, Gryphon said:

See, now I feel like an idiot - I didn't actually test it with stock chutes.

Can you tell me the name of the part you used as a parachute (and the mod its included in)? Maybe I can detect them, too.

Edited by Nereid

Sure. I saw it initially with the "RealChute Cone Chute" (RC_cone), but I just tested again with each of the other parachute parts included with RealChute, and I could deploy all of them and still get the ribbon.

However, I also just tried with the stock "Mk16 Parachute" (with RealChute installed) and it had the same effect - launched, burnt all fuel, deployed chute, landed, got ribbon.

Hmm.

WAAIT - I have 1.0.7 - updating.

I'll check again with the current version.

Edited by Gryphon

the spacedock 1.0.10-2467 link/file is broken.

well, may be the spacedock CDN being itchy. it needs a while for different locations to settle i guess.

Edited by rgr

7 hours ago, rgr said:

the spacedock 1.0.10-2467 link/file is broken.

Same for me. Link is broken, error 404:

Not Found

The requested URL /Nereid_3961/Final_Frontier/Final_Frontier-1.0.10-2467.zip was not found on this server.

Of course, same with CKAN.

Edited by Vandest

I've downloaded FF 1.0.10-2467 earlier today and just now.  Clicked on the Spacedock link in the first post and then "Download" on the Spacedock page.  It was working at those 2 times.

11 hours ago, habix said:

The problem with 404 seems to be cdn related. I can't download directly at moment. But I could through a random online proxy download site.

Do you mean Canada?  I'm in Calgary and have no issues.  I just downloaded it again from Spacedock.

Be very careful if you can't access Spacedock.  I suggest clearing your browser cache and looking for other issues.  Try downloading other mods hosted on Spacedock.

7 hours ago, Jacke said:

Do you mean Canada?  I'm in Calgary and have no issues.  I just downloaded it again from Spacedock.

Be very careful if you can't access Spacedock.  I suggest clearing your browser cache and looking for other issues.  Try downloading other mods hosted on Spacedock.

I'm from/was connecting from Slovenija. The link works fine atm.. but some day ago it only worked through a proxy. It wasn't browser problem, it was a clear 404.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Lo Var Lachland said:

I have a problem. After downloading and installing, I only see 2 ribbons.

Huh? So I Quit the game, started it again, still 2 ribbons. Ugh.

Do you mean you don't immediately see ribbons for Kerbals that have already flown missions?  If so, I'm pretty sure FF can only award ribbons for flights conducted after it is installed.

6 hours ago, Brigadier said:

Do you mean you don't immediately see ribbons for Kerbals that have already flown missions?  If so, I'm pretty sure FF can only award ribbons for flights conducted after it is installed.

No, I mean I hit "All ribbons," and there are only 2... Even though the mod says there are more than 500.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

*Facepalm*

7 minutes ago, Lo Var Lachland said:

No, I mean I hit "All ribbons," and there are only 2... Even though the mod says there are more than 500.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

*Facepalm*

How did you install?  

8 hours ago, Brigadier said:

Just to be clear, you shouldn't have a game data folder inside the game data folder.

I know. I'm not being clear. Sorry. I'll try installation again, and if I have problems, I'll write about it here. 

Thanks for the help everyone! :D

When I installed the mod I would get random crashing when mousing over stuff in the VAB when I uninstalled it the crashing disappeared completely.

BTW: I have many other mods installed but non should affect the kerbals besides kerbalism

6 hours ago, MemeBeam said:

When I installed the mod I would get random crashing when mousing over stuff in the VAB when I uninstalled it the crashing disappeared completely.

BTW: I have many other mods installed but non should affect the kerbals besides kerbalism

A log file might help the diagnosis.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.