[0.90] Kerbin Shuttle Orbiter System v4.13

helldiver

Great work like always. I was wondering, could you put windows on the roof and looking at the cargobay (very useful for IVA only missions) ?

http://api.ning.com/files/y5QJXh00VZn8HWX6DoG7UTdbL6aBLSKCU5DnnxhBkYSGs03pWZcGnST-mnnsGlneDRGKs96ku0G9WvNdg0*GYNOtbpCvZkHP/i12_028388.jpg

Will not happen.

2. On the Super25's, would the be big enough to fit say, a module from the Fustek Station Parts pack? I only ask because I really like this pieces, and am planning out a couple of stations the will be mixing the 1.25 and 2.5 sized parts together. Although, if your planning a series of larger modules yourself, I could always be swayed to tweak my designs. ;)

3. Are your docking ports proprietary, or will the work with other parts? I'm a fan of the Fustek IACBM's, but if your ports don't play well with them (or stock parts for that matter), that's no big deal, I'll just have to work up some adapters.

2. The FusTek parts are 2.5 meter parts, right? They should fit in the cargo hold just fine.

3. I dont believe the KSO docking ports work with any other docking ports.

Edited by Avalon304

3. Are your docking ports proprietary, or will the work with other parts? I'm a fan of the Fustek IACBM's, but if your ports don't play well with them (or stock parts for that matter), that's no big deal, I'll just have to work up some adapters.

I haven't tested it with the KSO parts, but toadicus's AdaptiveDockingNode plugin might solve docking port incompatibility.

The 63rd of my STS KSO Shuttle Missions! STS 163 is the 19th flight of Rebellious. STS 163's objective is to deploy the Laythe Space Station Aux Solar Module! Jeb and the Rebels weren't happy about being phased out in favor of the KSO Super 25 EWBCL and have permanently moved the mini shuttle program to Laythe!

The Laythe Space Station Construction Missions run STS 159-STS 170 and uses the Phase II KSO Station Parts!

Ok, so I'm finally caught up on here so I shouldn't be asking any more questions that have already been asked numerous times before. As far as my previous questions, after looking at the pics helldiver put up, looks like I'll have a new delivery vehicle for my Fustek stations. :) And ignore the whole station tug thing, I was evidently being derpy last night, or tired... or both. My little guy was able to EVA and board the shuttle and is now drinking Rum and Koke at his favorite watering hole.

I did have an idea tonight, but am not sure how to implement it. I'm wanting to clone the stock Block 7 craft file, but put the other cockpits in in place of the Resolute, so I have 4 complete craft files ready to go with everything entact. I'm currently throwing some subassemblies onto the new cockpits from a clean build, but I still have to add a few items on that wouldn't transfer over, and I don't get the benefit of the preset hotkey functions. Is there any way to get into the craft file and tweak it so it uses the other cockpits instead of the vanilla one? Thanks for any light you can shed on this...

I did have an idea tonight, but am not sure how to implement it. I'm wanting to clone the stock Block 7 craft file, but put the other cockpits in in place of the Resolute, so I have 4 complete craft files ready to go with everything entact. I'm currently throwing some subassemblies onto the new cockpits from a clean build, but I still have to add a few items on that wouldn't transfer over, and I don't get the benefit of the preset hotkey functions. Is there any way to get into the craft file and tweak it so it uses the other cockpits instead of the vanilla one? Thanks for any light you can shed on this...

Have you tried loading the Block 7, detaching the cargo bay from the cockpit, deleting the bass one, and picking another cockpit and reattaching the rest of the craft? You can then save that new craft as a separate one from the stock block 7.

You need to create the other cockpits as parts like the normal one and then you can attach the rest of the shuttle sub assembly to them.

For the action groups (hot keys?), 1. pressing this will allow the main engines to fire along the center of mass after ditching the main tank. 2. pressing this will allow the OMS engines to fire along the center of mass in combination with the main engines, if using OMS after Main Engine Cut Off, then leave their pitch at 14 degrees. 3. This slows the KSO down in the air. 4. Press this button to look cool while landing. 5. this should toggle all three main engines, which is good for MECO and increased Isp. 6. should toggle OMS engines, which is good for Orbital Maneuvering Stuff haha. 7. I think this is the landing light? But I make the landing light toggle with the regular light cue, and make 7 the wheel steering enabler, which is for post-landing stuff. 8. Should be free to have your cargo bay action group, whether solar panels deploying, or a whole unfolding set for a satellite. 9. should toggle the nose cone, which is good for docking. 0. should toggle the cargo bay, no explanation needed on that one.

Sorry guys, I'm all kinds of derpy. It's been almost 6 months since the last time I cracked open KSP, and just started back up last week. Trying to get the hang of things, I thought I remembered having problems deleting the control part with other parts still in the VAB, but I guess not. Thanks for your help, and I've now got a fleet of orbiters preset and ready to go. :)

To Do

-Working on additional parts that are required (Decoupler)

-Descriptions

-Testing

Phase 3 Patch:

J8jBlhx.png

Testing shots of the flight deck visibility, subject to change between now and release:

VGI1Nlg.png

PFbrxI1.png

Edited by helldiver

To Do

-Descriptions

-Testing

Phase 3 Patch:

http://i.imgur.com/J8jBlhx.png

Testing shots of the flight deck visibility, subject to change between now and release:

http://i.imgur.com/VGI1Nlg.png

http://i.imgur.com/PFbrxI1.png

AHHHHH its so beautiful I think I am gonna cry! Are the seats a little close too the control panels? Other then that its beautiful, magnificent, bravo!

AHHHHH its so beautiful I think I am gonna cry! Are the seats a little close too the control panels? Other then that its beautiful, magnificent, bravo!

Yeah they were. They've been moved back since those shots were taken. :D

There's still a lot more involved. Once I get it I have to inspect it all and almost always more changes occur (such as adjusting seats further).

To Do

-Descriptions

-Testing

Phase 3 Patch:

http://i.imgur.com/J8jBlhx.png

http://i.imgur.com/VGI1Nlg.png

http://i.imgur.com/PFbrxI1.png

COLORS!!! BUTTONS!!! WANT!! this is magnificent work you have here, a glimmering jewel among the many mods that exist throughout this forum

I'm having a little problem with the KSO combined with Deadly Reentry. So, since this is about KSO's interaction with another mod, I'm fully aware I may be barking up the wrong tree.

The landing gears almost always catch fire immediately and explode, as though the shielding either doesn't work, or the axis that is used to indicate the direction of the ablative shielding is pointing the wrong way, because the parts do have the shielding on them, and the rest of the KSO shields fine. Now, I can get it to reenter undamaged, but only if I point the nose directly along the velocity vector, making reentry turns next to impossible.

Now, I do have FAR, and I ruled out aerodynamic structural failures by disabling those failures in the settings.

Only thing I can think to do is to crack the maxtemp in the cfg up to a ridiculous value. Anyone have any suggestions?

Losing too many KSO's to water landings. So far, no kerbals have died, but it's only a matter of time before I screw up a ditch in the water.