[0.90] Kerbin Shuttle Orbiter System v4.13

helldiver

Here you go:

KSOS v208 PART PICKER GUIDE

KSOS_v208.zip CONTENTs:

GameData\Firespitter\ ## Required for parts with firespitter animations. So leave it alone.
GameData\JSI\ ## Required for MFDs. So leave it alone. Used in SS and KSO parts.
GameData\Klockheed_Martian\ ## Engine gimbal plugin. Leave it alone if you want the KSO.

GameData\KSO\FX\ ## particle effects and rocket cfg's for KSO rockets.

GameData\KSO\Parts\avionicskso.mu+.cfg ## KSO Flight Computer
GameData\KSO\Parts\boosterkso.mu+.cfg ## OA-850 Liquid Fuel Booster
GameData\KSO\Parts\cgholdkso.mu+.cfg ## KSO Cargo Bay
GameData\KSO\Parts\commandkso.mu+.cfg ## KSO Cockpit
GameData\KSO\Parts\decouplerkso.mu+.cfg ## TT-750 (KSO LFB decouplers)
GameData\KSO\Parts\dockingkso.mu+.cfg ## OA-D12 Docking Module (the small one)
GameData\KSO\Parts\dockstandardkso.mu+.cfg ## OA-D24 Docking Module (the large one - can double as a right-angle SS part.)
GameData\KSO\Parts\fuelkso.mu+.cfg ## Thrustmax External Fuel Tank
GameData\KSO\Parts\hingedradomekso.mu+.cfg ## KSO Radome (hinged)
GameData\KSO\Parts\ksoavionics.mu ## leftover model of KSO Radome with avionics built-in (I think). No CFG file.
GameData\KSO\Parts\leftelevkso.mu+.cfg ## KSO Left Elevon
GameData\KSO\Parts\leftgearkso.mu+.cfg ## KSO Left Main Gear
GameData\KSO\Parts\leftwingkso.mu+.cfg ## KSO Left Wing
GameData\KSO\Parts\lightlongkso.mu+.cfg ## ChemKorp Mystery Goo Light
GameData\KSO\Parts\lightlongredkso.mu+.cfg ## ChemKorp Mystery Goo Light
GameData\KSO\Parts\lightroundkso.mu+.cfg ## ChemKorp Mystery Goo Light
GameData\KSO\Parts\lightroundredkso.mu+.cfg ## ChemKorp Mystery Goo Light
GameData\KSO\Parts\lightshortkso.mu+.cfg ## ChemKorp Mystery Goo Light
GameData\KSO\Parts\lightshortredkso.mu+.cfg ## ChemKorp Mystery Goo Light
GameData\KSO\Parts\nosegearkso.mu+.cfg ## KSO Nose Gear
GameData\KSO\Parts\omskso.mu+.cfg ## Omnimax 40T (small KSO engines)
GameData\KSO\Parts\rearkso.mu+.cfg ## KSO Engine Mount
GameData\KSO\Parts\rearplanekso.mu+.cfg ## KSO Tail Plane
GameData\KSO\Parts\rightelevkso.mu+.cfg ## KSO Right Elevon
GameData\KSO\Parts\rightgearkso.mu+.cfg ## KSO Right Main Gear
GameData\KSO\Parts\rightwingkso.mu+.cfg ## KSO Right Wing
GameData\KSO\Parts\ss2pointextkso.mu+.cfg ## OA-2C Coupling, Extension
GameData\KSO\Parts\ss3pointhubkso.mu+.cfg ## OA-3C Coupling, T
GameData\KSO\Parts\ss4pointhubkso.mu+.cfg ## OA-4C Coupling, 4 Way
GameData\KSO\Parts\ss6pointhubkso.mu+.cfg ## OA-6C Coupling, 6 Way
GameData\KSO\Parts\ss6pointocto1kso.mu+.cfg ## Octagonal 6 Way Hub
GameData\KSO\Parts\ss6pointocto2kso.mu+.cfg ## Octagonal 6 Way Frame Hub
GameData\KSO\Parts\ss6pointsquarekso.mu+.cfg ## Square Truss Hub
GameData\KSO\Parts\ssauxfuelkso.mu+.cfg ## KSO Auxiliary Fuel Supply
GameData\KSO\Parts\ssdecouplerkso.mu+.cfg ## Module Coupling Adapter (SS Cupola adapter for placing it with the SS Tug)
GameData\KSO\Parts\sshandholdkso.mu+.cfg ## Hand Holds
GameData\KSO\Parts\ssmodcupolakso.mu+.cfg ## Observation Module (SS Cupola)
GameData\KSO\Parts\ssmoddockkso.mu+.cfg ## Station Docking Module
GameData\KSO\Parts\ssmodhabkso.mu+.cfg ## Habitat
GameData\KSO\Parts\ssmodhydrokso.mu+.cfg ## GreenLab
GameData\KSO\Parts\ssmodlabkso.mu+.cfg ## KerbalLab
GameData\KSO\Parts\sspanelmedkso.mu+.cfg ## Standard, Solar Panel Array
GameData\KSO\Parts\sspanelslargekso.mu+.cfg ## Advanced, Large Solar Array
GameData\KSO\Parts\sspanelsmallkso.mu+.cfg ## Single Solar Panel Pane
GameData\KSO\Parts\ssport1kso.mu+.cfg ## Docking Port, Standard
GameData\KSO\Parts\ssport2kso.mu+.cfg ## Docking Port, Octagonal
GameData\KSO\Parts\ssport3kso.mu+.cfg ## Docking Port, Small
GameData\KSO\Parts\ssport4kso.mu+.cfg ## Docking Port, Square Small
GameData\KSO\Parts\sspowerkso.mu+.cfg ## Station Power Module
GameData\KSO\Parts\sstruss1kso.mu+.cfg ## Solar Panel Truss (square truss)
GameData\KSO\Parts\sstruss2kso.mu+.cfg ## Octagonal Truss
GameData\KSO\Parts\sstugmodulekso.mu+.cfg ## Station Service Tug
GameData\KSO\Parts\stackmountkso.mu+.cfg ## KSO Centerline Mounting Shroud
GameData\KSO\Parts\tailrudderkso.mu+.cfg ## KSO Vertical Control Surface
GameData\KSO\Parts\thrustmaxkso.mu+.cfg ## Thrustmax 200 (large KSO engines)

GameData\KSO\Parts\kerbin_lifter.tga ## (KSO Lifter and Decoupler Texture Files)
GameData\KSO\Parts\kerbin_lifter_emis.tga ## (KSO Lifter and Decoupler Texture Files)
GameData\KSO\Parts\kerbin_lifter_norm_NRM.tga ## (KSO Lifter and Decoupler Texture Files)
GameData\KSO\Parts\kerbin_orbiter.tga ## (KSO Shuttle Texture Files)
GameData\KSO\Parts\kerbin_orbiter_docking_mod.tga ## (KSO Shuttle Docking Module and GOO Lights Texture Files)
GameData\KSO\Parts\kerbin_orbiter_docking_mod_emis.tga ## (KSO Shuttle Docking Module and GOO Lights Texture Files)
GameData\KSO\Parts\kerbin_orbiter_docking_mod_norm_NRM.tga ## (KSO Shuttle Docking Module and GOO Lights Texture Files)
GameData\KSO\Parts\kerbin_orbiter_emis.tga ## (KSO Shuttle Texture Files)
GameData\KSO\Parts\kerbin_orbiter_engines.tga ## (KSO Shuttle Engine Texture Files)
GameData\KSO\Parts\kerbin_orbiter_engines_emis.tga ## (KSO Shuttle Engine Texture Files)
GameData\KSO\Parts\kerbin_orbiter_engines_norm_NRM.tga ## (KSO Shuttle Engine Texture Files)
GameData\KSO\Parts\kerbin_orbiter_norm_NRM.tga ## (KSO Shuttle Texture Files)
GameData\KSO\Parts\kerbin_space_station.tga ## (SS parts, Tug, Solar Panels, KSO Inline Adapter, and Docking Port Texture Files)
GameData\KSO\Parts\kerbin_space_station_emis.tga ## (SS parts, Tug, Solar Panels, KSO Inline Adapter, and Docking Port Texture Files)
GameData\KSO\Parts\kerbin_space_station_norm_NRM.tga ## (SS parts, Tug, Solar Panels, KSO Inline Adapter, and Docking Port Texture Files)

GameData\KSO\RPM\ ## Just leave it alone.

GameData\KSO\Spaces\internalkso\ ## (KSO Shuttle IVA)
GameData\KSO\Spaces\internalstation\ ## (IVA's for Cupola and Labs)
GameData\KSO\Spaces\ksocmd\ ## (cfg and interior model for SS Cupola)
GameData\KSO\Spaces\ksohab\ ## (cfg and interior model for SS Habitat)
GameData\KSO\Spaces\ksohydro\ ## (cfg and interior model plus microscope textures for SS GreenLab)
GameData\KSO\Spaces\ksoscience\ ## (cfg and interior model plus microscope textures for SS KerbaLab)
GameData\KSO\Spaces\ksotug\ ## (SS Tug IVA)

GameData\MechJeb2RPM\ ## MechJeb plugin DLL. Needed for MFDs.
GameData\SCANsatRPM\ ## SMARTass plugin DLL. Needed for MFDs.
GameData\SmokeScreen\ ## Smoke effect plugin DLL. Leave it alone if you want the KSO.
GameData\ModuleManager_1_5_6.dll ## Leave it alone.

Ships\SPH\KSO Block 7 for SPH.craft ## KSO Shuttle craft file.
Ships\VAB\KSO Block 7.craft ## KSO Shuttle craft file.
Ships\VAB\KSO Block 7 Top Mounted.craft ## KSO Shuttle craft file.

KSO Basic Launch Guide.pdf
KSO_README.txt

This is not all inclusive and it is quite possible there are errors. Please anybody chime in with corrections and I'll edit it to reflect them.

Looks good, now if people can't get what they need done after you went through the trouble of doing this, IMHO they have no business trying to use mods, really people it's not that hard to grasp.

Alright, let me expand on that.

Like Freeman said, it would take you just a few minutes to delete or not move parts you don't want.

So what happens if I split the mod into three+ sub mods to make it more convenient for you?

-We don't have an installer. If someone where to program a Mod installer for us (or for the KSP modding community in general), then we could probably have a system that allows you to cherry pick what parts of a mod you'd like. One reason why I support moving all of KSP Modding to the Nexus. Nexus manager allows mod authors to create an installer script enabling the end users to cherry pick parts of the mod they wish to install.

-We're just gamers like you with limited time and only so much of that to devote to modding

-Because the mod uses resources from one part to the other, and because the mod relies on RPM resources I made that are shared, it becomes a troubleshooting nightmare when I update one part of the mod (for example the KSO) and then have to make sure those updates get to all the other mods (Satellite Parts, KSO 25).

-There are way too many files and it is too easy to forget one, or screw up the download. Forget to update a DLL in one and then we can't figure out why someone is having an issue in the Station IVAs but they work fine in the KSO. Crap like that starts to happen and has happened already in our project, hence the migration and consolidation of the RPM folders.

-Then we have the issue of having to upload 3 separate Zip files, plus another 3 Separate zip files to Mediafire, plus all the various alternate files after the first 3 got changes. And if I discover an issue in one, odds are it affects the other two so they all have to be tracked down and updated.

-Making changes to one file make it easier for Nazari and I to drag and drop those changes to any other similar file within the same installation environment.

So in the end, what would you guys rather me spend my time? Hounding down and verifying three separate mods and dealing with all the issues and potential bugs that would cause? Or spending that time on new mods and content for the KSOS project?

Spend you're time on new mods! People can just use ATM, and deleting mods they don't use anymore. It really isn't complicated. You can easily run KSO and depending on what your computer setup is 10 other BIG mods. Keep up the great work and we will figure out the rest. If people really want KSO they will make room for it.

Have you considered making a "Kanada" arm? Since you have all the ISS parts it seems only logical to have an arm to help put stuff together. Not to be greedy but an Arm for the ISS and one for the Super 25. This is partially a request and partially asking if you considered doing it.

Have you considered making a "Kanada" arm? Since you have all the ISS parts it seems only logical to have an arm to help put stuff together. Not to be greedy but an Arm for the ISS and one for the Super 25. This is partially a request and partially asking if you considered doing it.

there are already two such arms in existence. How many do we need?

I would like a robotic arm as well, though the KSO depends on many plug-ins already, so adding IR might be not be a good idea. There is the Dromoman mod by Nothke that might suit your needs.

You do know they use the same plugin ?

I know they use the same plug-in, I was truing to point out that adding another plug-in might kill some computers, and if you wanted a robotic arm mod you could use Dromoman. I agree with Capt. Hunt that the Dromoman servos are bulky. If Helldiver is interested in making one, I for one would like to have a 'Kanadarm' designed specifically for the KSO.

And most of us, I would think use Romfarer mod in for the docking cam which he also as a robotic-arms and think bobcat does 2 if they can be scaled down alittle they would work great and there 1 part so you would'ed have to build a arm and add to your part count.

And most of us, I would think use Romfarer mod in for the docking cam which he also as a robotic-arms and think bobcat does 2 if they can be scaled down alittle they would work great and there 1 part so you would'ed have to build a arm and add to your part count.

Has anybody actually managed to do something useful with these arms. For me, things either wobbled to death or exploded straight away. I found them rather unusable. But maybe it's my fault.

Ever since I found out you can toggle engine trim on the Thrustmax's, I've been having way more fun with the KSO. Here's a screenshot of my last mission, a mission to service my Kubble Space Telescope.

BUb8Gyr.png

The Kubble is in a 260km orbit, so I really pushed the KSO to the limit of its operating range. I had to use the auxiliary fuel module to get up here to the Kubble and back down again. I was running on fumes by mission's end.

Has anybody actually managed to do something useful with these arms. For me, things either wobbled to death or exploded straight away. I found them rather unusable. But maybe it's my fault.

yeah, works nice, if you be carefull and move it slow (set to 0.1 or 0.05 speed)

I would like a robotic arm as well, though the KSO depends on many plug-ins already, so adding IR might be not be a good idea. There is the Dromoman mod by Nothke that might suit your needs.

They definitely would not fit in even the super 25

I pretty much put MIR together with the Buran Arm from bobcats soviet Pack

At one point someone had a MM cfg that adjusted the boosters in this pack to be more realistic when you have FAR installed. Does anyone have that link?

Found a long post on page 220 where someone talked about creating such a config, but I didn't find a download link :(

Edited by rottielover

Strut them and use caps lock for fine control.

I used them for awhile bu to be honest, the things I wanted them for took so much of not-fun filled time that I decided the time was better spent learning to dock better. (large scale orbital construction is all I ever wanted them for)

I've had nothing but trouble editing the ksoblank texture (from the alternate cockpits add on). Would someone be willing to write up a step by step guide for editing the cockpit name? I'd be so grateful!

Anybody? :)

Fairly straight forward. You need an image editing app such as Photoshop or gimp. First open the real texture and take note of where the name lies on the texture. You will see both sides of the kso cockpit with the name resolute by default. There are two places for the name to go, one for each side of the cockpit (one is flipped 180 degrees so it appears to be written backwards, that's because both sides of the cockpit are different so one side has to be mirrored so it will line up correctly on the model).

To replace the name, open the blank texture file and edit it with your name, making sure your chosen name is roughly the same size and sitting in the same place as hell diver placed the name in his texture. Then copy the name text, flip it over and place it where the reversed name should be. You don't have to do this step but if you don't the name will only be on one side of your kso.

Once you're done, save the new texture as kso_orbiter.tga (actually best check that file name, I am working from memory here, just make sure to overwrite the original file with yours and it's done).

Hope that helps. On a similar note can anyone tell me a way to force the kso left and right wing to use separate textures? I wanted to put mission patches on the wings but they get replicated onto both sides and therefore look silly unless they are symmetrical. I saw a screenshot on here with a similar idea so it must be possible... Any suggestions?

Edited by roboc99

Hope that helps. On a similar note can anyone tell me a way to force the kso left and right wing to use separate textures? I wanted to put mission patches on the wings but they get replicated onto both sides and therefore look silly unless they are symmetrical. I saw a screenshot on here with a similar idea so it must be possible... Any suggestions?

Depend on how you want to do it. If you just have one thing going on the left wing that will always be there like this:

screenshot17.png

Then you can create a new part and have it reference a new texture. To get the patch on the wing you just need to position it where you want it, and then flip it vertically, as thats how the left wing is textured.