[0.90] Kerbin Shuttle Orbiter System v4.13

helldiver

Excellent! Thanks for the super fast fix helldiver, downloading now.

edit: well....

So I do have FAR installed, I tried an abort launch (straight up to 20km and then detach and fly back to the runway.

I wasn't able to pull up and without the engines on I just kept accelerating and nose-darted into the ground. I'm talking like 100m/s/s accel at about a 5 to 10 degree down ...

I'm going to remove FAR and try again.

Edited by rottielover

So I do have FAR installed, I tried an abort launch (straight up to 20km and then detach and fly back to the runway.

I wasn't able to pull up and without the engines on I just kept accelerating and nose-darted into the ground. I'm talking like 100m/s/s accel at about a 5 to 10 degree down ...

The EWBCL is a great infiniglider with FAR. Try using the airbrakes to lower your velocity.

Yeah, that's the issue I have. In a relatively gradual descent, it's hard to pull out of it. I understand it should be able to pull out of really steep glide without some sort of power, but a glider without the ability to pull out of a 15-20 degree descent is a little irritating. Not sure if it's intentional.

Helldiver: i have issues with your great shuttle and infernal robotics: i used to build robotic arms for the shuttle(i even posted some screenshots of it here) but now i have an issue in wich that the shuttle tends to flipover whenever i use robotic parts.

Now, is there a way that you and Sirkut may work together to bring out an "official" grabbling arm that uses a magnet instead of a docking ports for grabbing part (else berthing parts onto a station is impossible) and will fix this small issue i encounter.

I use non-FAR KSP, and the trouble I was having was the nose kept wanting to drop forward from level flight, and it did not want to pull out of a 10 to 25 dive, and forget 25 to 45 without engine power you better hit the air brakes and pray.

I've done a clean install of Kerbal and so far its going good, but I have just KSO and the basic non-part mods installed so far so good. The inside looks really sharp I like it a lot, Well done Helldiver!

New EWBCL is even more amazing than old KSO(I just hope that you will port some of EWBCL improvements to KSO :) )! First of all: thank you, Helldiver and Nazari for this great work, this is really the gem of KSP mods. I flied a number of missions with new shuttle and have a couple of notes regarding it. Firstly, I think OMS on EWBCL are really underpowered. These two little guys were doing their job perfectly fine on little KSO, but they lack punch for new, heavy shuttle. Secondly, I also had problems with landing new shuttle, because it just really wants to point its nose down :( . I also noticed that EWBCL main gears are a bit fiddly on harsh landing and turning. Fiddling can be so strong that gear even clips through wing:

7RnlxE8l.jpg

And finally, engines on supplied .craft file lack pitch-trim setting. I figured out that SSME are fine with pitch-trim = 14, just as on old shuttle, but OMS actually better with pitch-trim = 5. But a recommended setting would be useful.

But all these issues are really minor, and overall handling & feeling of shuttle is just great. I really love all those little details here and there, and animation is fantastic. New wings CSE are joy to watch. I thought that old KSO was just perfect, but you managed to improve it furthermore in new shuttle :).

Helldiver, Nazari, I've gotta say thank you for all of your hard work on creating the KSO EWBCL. This thing is absolutely amazing. When I finally loaded the game up and started playing the the Super 25, I was actually giddy with joy. A MOD for a game made me giddy. Thank you very much for this amazing shuttle. The KSOS mod is the single largest mod I have in terms of memory, and it is worth every last MB.

Phase IV WIP

As if you guys weren't bombarded by mods already...

7LrpNMH.jpg

Phase IV Details

-Chassis separate part.

-One wheel.

-Two bodies; truck and bus

-Three accessories; fuel tank, supply van, airstair.

-Cab and Bus have IVA

-Bus 8 Kerbals (9 including driver).

Edited by helldiver

I assume it isn't normal for the external fuel tank to explode on booster separation? Am I doing something wrong?

This happens if you built your own shuttle.

Try using the craft file. Otherwise no idea why it happens. If you watch my streams not once did that happen.

Try using the craft file. Otherwise no idea why it happens. If you watch my streams not once did that happen.

Hmmm, interesting. I am using the provided craft file. I am also using mechjeb with a shallow ascent profile. I am nearly parallel by the time the boosters separate. Perhaps this is messing something up. I'll continue to track down the problem and post my results for others who may experience this problem.

Thanks for the quick reply! :)

Hmmm, interesting. I am using the provided craft file. I am also using mechjeb with a shallow ascent profile. I am nearly parallel by the time the boosters separate. Perhaps this is messing something up. I'll continue to track down the problem and post my results for others who may experience this problem.

Try flying the ship your self and try to not be belly up when separating the LRBs.

Phase IV WIP

As if you guys weren't bombarded by mods already...

http://i.imgur.com/7LrpNMH.jpg

Phase IV Details

-Chassis separate part.

-One wheel.

-Two bodies; truck and bus

-Three accessories; fuel tank, supply van, airstair.

-Cab and Bus have IVA

-Bus 8 Kerbals (9 including driver).

Very nice, but if this keeps going my KSP is gonna explode :D. I'm running on the brink of being able to play without crashes due to memory shortage.

I don't have this problem.

When is your gravity turn set at? I have mine at 25k

I also have an ascent path of 65% which is standard.

Also, are you going to stream tonight Helldiver?

I also used the provided craft file and had the same exploding fuel tank issue. Though exploding isn't the right word... it just disappears. No mention of it in the logs, no grand "boom", just gone.

I also used the provided craft file and had the same exploding fuel tank issue. Though exploding isn't the right word... it just disappears. No mention of it in the logs, no grand "boom", just gone.

Which logs? Did you check output_log.txt? (or player.log for Mac/Linux)

For convenience:

To find your log file:

• Windows: KSP_win\KSP_Data\output_log.txt
  • Mac OSX: Open Console, on the left side of the window there is a menu that says 'files'. Scroll down the list and find the Unity drop down, under Unity there will be Player.log Aka Files>~/Library/Logs>Unity>Player.log
  • Linux: ~/.config/unity3d/Squad/Kerbal\ Space\ Program/Player.log
  • NOT ksp.log file. Especially not ever.