[0.90] Kerbin Shuttle Orbiter System v4.13

helldiver

KSO Skylab

The Saturn V was way too much rocket to get it into orbit but it looks cool, I was going for historical accuracy, and it got into space really fast.

http://imgur.com/a/JBFwV

I launched a Skylab on a laztek falcon nine with 6 KSO S25 boosters. Lol. Surprisingly no wobble at all, though I did strut it a lot.

The 73rd of my STS KSO Shuttle Missions! STS 173 is the third flight of the Super 25! Ascension files again wearing the Limited Edition Corporate Livery Paint Scheme! STS 173's objective is to deploy the Colony Core Module on Asteroid Kerpophis, which has been finally wrangled into an equatorial(ish) orbit at 500km! The asteroid threat has brought the Rebels and Loyalists closer together, but for how long?

STS 174 will deploy the Kerpophis Colony Docking Module!

Too late

The Turbax A-311 Turboshaft

http://i.imgur.com/tDcfiUs.jpg

Turbax EW is proud of its new partnership with Murika Superstellar. Turbax was the chosen partner to provide the turbines that'll power Murika Superstellar's next big project. The Turbax A-311 powers the Gyronautics Corp. "Kerbostar".

Weee! Thx so much for this great mod.That part looks complicated and awesome.

Weee! Thx so much for this great mod.That part looks complicated and awesome.

I think I know exactly where that engine will sit, and what it will do on the Kerbostar. Top of the chopper, powering the main rotor.

KSO Skylab

The Saturn V was way too much rocket to get it into orbit but it looks cool, I was going for historical accuracy, and it got into space really fast.

~snip~

the variant of Saturn v that launched the Skylab IRL did not have the 3rd stage.

Nope, Skylab wasn't made out of Saturn V parts. It was planned to be, but it fell through and it was more or less made from scratch. It did have similar dimensions, as only the top part was actually under the fairing (the bottom part was exposed and looked like an S-IVB).

I think I know exactly where that engine will sit, and what it will do on the Kerbostar. Top of the chopper, powering the main rotor.

Yes you are right!

I know it because it is a standard turbine thingy for almost every helicopter (Mi-17, Mi-24,Mi-28 have it):cool:

KSOS Shuttle Textureswitch PATCHES

No modification necessary. Just save the following code as CFG files in your parts or gamedata folder. Reload KSP and enjoy.

yrHjqUn.gif

• @PART[KSO_Cabin]:Final{

MODULE
    {
    name = FStextureSwitch2
    moduleID = 0
    objectNames = fuselage_cockpit
    textureRootFolder = KSO/Parts/
    textureNames = kerbin_orbiter;altnames/adamant;altnames/dauntless;altnames/tenacious
    mapNames = kerbin_orbiter_Norm_NRM
    textureDisplayNames = Resolute;Adamant;Dauntless;Tenacious
    nextButtonText = Next Livery
    prevButtonText = Previous Livery
    statusText = Current Livery
    switchableInFlight = false
    //additionalMapType = _BumpMap
    mapIsNormal = true
    repaintableEVA = true
    showPreviousButton = false
    useFuelSwitchModule = false
    //fuelTankSetups = 0
    updateSymmetry = true
    showInfo = false
    debugMode = false
    showListButton = false
    }

}

• @PART[KSO25_Cabin]:Final{

MODULE
    {
    name = FStextureSwitch2
    moduleID = 0
    objectNames = KSO_25_Fuselage;Left_Cargo_Door;Right_Cargo_Door;Mun_Door_Left;Mun_Door_Right
    textureNames = KSO_25;altnames/providence;altnames/reliant;altnames/steadfast
    mapNames = KSO_25_Norm_NRM
    textureDisplayNames = Ascension;Providence;Reliant;Steadfast
    nextButtonText = Next Livery
    prevButtonText = Previous Livery
    statusText = Current Livery
    mapIsNormal = true
    repaintableEVA = true
    //fuelTankSetups = 0
    updateSymmetry = true
    showInfo = false
    debugMode = false
    showListButton = false
    }

}

DOWNLOAD

Edited by qnistNAMEERF

I figured some around here might find this useful. If you have the alternate cockpit names for the KSO and the Super 25, but you hate the clutter in your part catalog, you can add the following code to the commandkso.cfg and the super25commandkso.cfg files respectively. This will require you place the alternative textures within the KSO/Parts/ folder. This adds a button to the right-click menu of the part to toggle between textures in-game. One part, but all the cockpit names. If you've renamed your alternative textures or added your own, just add/remove/rename the filenames to the line that say "textureNames = " and make sure the "textureDisplayNames = " are in the same order as your texture filenames.

MODULE
{
name = FStextureSwitch2
moduleID = 0
textureNames = kerbin_orbiter;adamant;dauntless;tenacious
nextButtonText = Next Paint Job
prevButtonText = Previous Paint Job
statusText = Current Paint Job
mapIsNormal = true
repaintableEVA = true
//fuelTankSetups = 0
updateSymmetry = true
showInfo = false
debugMode = false
showListButton = false
}

MODULE
{
name = FStextureSwitch2
moduleID = 0
objectNames = KSO_25_Fuselage;Left_Cargo_Door;Right_Cargo_Door;Mun_Door_Left;Mun_Door_Right
textureNames = KSO_25;providence;reliant;steadfast
mapIsNormal = true
repaintableEVA = true
//fuelTankSetups = 0
updateSymmetry = true
showInfo = false
debugMode = false
showListButton = false
}

Please enjoy.

http://i.imgur.com/yrHjqUn.gif

I can't take credit. I got the idea from the phase4 parts.

That's really amazing, wich mods do i need to use this?

Nope, Skylab wasn't made out of Saturn V parts. It was planned to be, but it fell through and it was more or less made from scratch. It did have similar dimensions, as only the top part was actually under the fairing (the bottom part was exposed and looked like an S-IVB).

Read:On August 8, 1969, the McDonnell Douglas Corporation received a contract for the conversion of two existing S-IVB stages to the Orbital Workshop configuration. One of the S-IV test stages was shipped to McDonnell Douglas for the construction of a mock-up in January 1970. The Orbital Workshop was renamed "Skylab" in February 1970 as a result of a NASA contest.[3]:115The actual stage that flew was the upper stage of the AS-212 rocket (the S-IVB stage - S-IVB 212). The mission computer used aboard Skylab was the IBMSystem/4Pi TC-1, a relative of the AP-101 Space Shuttle computers. A Saturn V originally been produced for the Apollo program before the cancellation of Apollo 18, 19, and 20, was repurposed and redesigned to launch Skylab.[10] The Saturn V's upper stage removed, but with the avionics remaining in the same position.

Source:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skylab

Edited by MK3424

I figured some around here might find this useful. If you have the alternate cockpit names for the KSO and the Super 25, but you hate the clutter in your part catalog, you can add the following code to the commandkso.cfg and the super25commandkso.cfg files respectively. This will require you place the alternative textures within the KSO/Parts/ folder. This adds a button to the right-click menu of the part to toggle between textures in-game. One part, but all the cockpit names. If you've renamed your alternative textures or added your own, just add/remove/rename the filenames to the line that say "textureNames = " and make sure the "textureDisplayNames = " are in the same order as your texture filenames.

phase4 parts.

EDIT:looks like the texture files don't have to be moved according to the documentation. they can stay in the altnames folder.

EDIT2: nevermind. it lied. it didn't work leaving them in the altnames folder.

EDIT3: Ok it does work. Just gotta add the folder name in there too. See below if you don't want to move ]

What would be really great is if instead of switching between multiple huge ass textures: would be if the main shuttle texture stayed the same and if the name were a quad with the name textures and you just switched between those. You could have lots more names for a lot cheaper.

Edited by Starwaster

MODULE
{
name = FStextureSwitch2
moduleID = 0
textureNames = kerbin_orbiter;adamant;dauntless;tenacious
mapIsNormal = true
repaintableEVA = true
//fuelTankSetups = 0
updateSymmetry = true
showInfo = false
debugMode = false
showListButton = false
}

MODULE
{
name = FStextureSwitch2
moduleID = 0
textureNames = KSO_25;providence;reliant;steadfast
mapIsNormal = true
repaintableEVA = true
//fuelTankSetups = 0
updateSymmetry = true
showInfo = false
debugMode = false
showListButton = false
}

Please enjoy.

http://i.imgur.com/yrHjqUn.gif

I can't take credit. I got the idea from the phase4 parts.

EDIT:looks like the texture files don't have to be moved according to the documentation. they can stay in the altnames folder.

EDIT2: nevermind. it lied. it didn't work leaving them in the altnames folder.

EDIT3: Ok it does work. Just gotta add the folder name in there too. See below if you don't want to move the textures.

MODULE
{
name = FStextureSwitch2
moduleID = 0
textureNames = kerbin_orbiter;altnames/adamant;altnames/dauntless;altnames/tenacious
mapIsNormal = true
repaintableEVA = true
//fuelTankSetups = 0
updateSymmetry = true
showInfo = false
debugMode = false
showListButton = false
}

MODULE
{
name = FStextureSwitch2
moduleID = 0
textureNames = KSO_25;altnames/providence;altnames/reliant;altnames/steadfast
mapIsNormal = true
repaintableEVA = true
//fuelTankSetups = 0
updateSymmetry = true
showInfo = false
debugMode = false
showListButton = false
}

Thank you, this will save a lot of clutter for me. I do have one question though, can you create a module that would allow me to do the same thing as this with the KSO wings? I currently use textures that have the shuttle name amongst other things on the right wing (KSO) and left wing (Super 25).

Ive tried copying the module code across the the right wing object for the KSO but it doesnt work, I think because I dont have the correct object name for the wing part... but I might be wrong.

Thanks

I don't know if this has been figured out yet but, if u use FAR despite the warnings (like I do and it works great) the way to get the super 25 to work with far is to use the far debug options button in the ksc then go to part classification and add fuselage to the cargo bay list. The cargo bay of the super 25 will shield the contents from aerodynamic forces.

Thank you, this will save a lot of clutter for me. I do have one question though, can you create a module that would allow me to do the same thing as this with the KSO wings? I currently use textures that have the shuttle name amongst other things on the right wing (KSO) and left wing (Super 25).

Ive tried copying the module code across the the right wing object for the KSO but it doesnt work, I think because I dont have the correct object name for the wing part... but I might be wrong.

Thanks

Yes, you're correct it's the object name. If you change the "showListButton" line to true in the part CFG, go into the VAB, press Alt+F2 (debug window), then push the button on the part in question it'll list off all the object names for that part in the debug menu. It'll be a lot. Scroll through it to find the likely candidate (probably something like right_wing, but won't know until you try it), then try it out. That's how I found the object names for the KSO and Super 25 cockpits.

It's already included in KSOS: Firespitter.

Which version? can't get it to work with Firespitter v6.3.

edit*

Also FusTek parts texture switch wont work anymore.

I think i ruined something.

Edited by johnwayne1930

I don't know if this has been figured out yet but, if u use FAR despite the warnings (like I do and it works great) the way to get the super 25 to work with far is to use the far debug options button in the ksc then go to part classification and add fuselage to the cargo bay list. The cargo bay of the super 25 will shield the contents from aerodynamic forces.

Not an ideal solution. You don't want other parts named 'fuselage' to be considered cargo bays if they really aren't. For instance if another parts pack has something called fuselage it could result in things being shielded that you might not want shielded.

Best to manually add the cargo bay module to the part. (all the name/title thing does is make FAR add the module anyway to parts that don't have it in their configs)

Edit: Also, Ayana put out some FAR configs a few pages back. They put a lot of work into it already; why not give those a try.

Yes, you're correct it's the object name. If you change the "showListButton" line to true in the part CFG, go into the VAB, press Alt+F2 (debug window), then push the button on the part in question it'll list off all the object names for that part in the debug menu. It'll be a lot. Scroll through it to find the likely candidate (probably something like right_wing, but won't know until you try it), then try it out. That's how I found the object names for the KSO and Super 25 cockpits.

Yes, that got it, thanks. The object should be fuselage_right_wing

If anyones interested, the code that Im using to change the wing texture is:

MODULE
{
name = FStextureSwitch2
moduleID = 0
objectNames = fuselage_right_wing
textureNames = kerbin_orbiter;altnames/arabelle;altnames/aphrodite;altnames/artemis;altnames/adonis
textureDisplayNames = X01;Arabelle;Aphrodite;Artemis;Adonis
mapIsNormal = true
repaintableEVA = true
//fuelTankSetups = 0
updateSymmetry = true
showInfo = false
debugMode = false
showListButton = false
}

Yes, that got it, thanks. The object should be fuselage_right_wing

Is that for the KSO wing, the Super 25 wing or both?

EDIT: Super 25 wing is KSO_25_Right_Wing.

Edited by Avalon304

helldriver i got a bunch of questions to ask you if you want to answer them

1. what other uses would i (and others) have for the turboshaft

2. (i don't expects an answer if its to early to ask) whats planed for phase 5 and above

3. whats given you the idea to start modding on this game

4. what air or space craft besides the shuttle do you really want to make?

Also your mod has a 4.5 star rating with me as i know there still content still being added keep up the good work