[0.90] Kerbin Shuttle Orbiter System v4.13

helldiver

just took my new shuttle for a testride (and crashed it later on the runway)

amazing mod! the only thing, which i don't like are the attachmentpoints in teh cargobay. adding stockparts stuff (like stock stataöites) is difficult. =/

nevertheless: AWESOME MOD !

The easiest way I've found to do this is build up your payload separately by starting a new build in the VAB, then when you're happy with it save your entire payload as a subassembly. Then load the orbiter shuttle and attach a clamp-o-tron to the cargo bay. You should then have no trouble bringing up the subassembly tab and attaching the payload subassembly to the clamp-o-tron in the cargo bay. It works for me first go every time doing it this way.

The new parts look really nice. Are you planning to release them as a separate mod or as one big package with the KSO? I think it would be better to have separate packages so people who don't want the station parts can do a clean install of the KSO.

Putting my progress so far behind a spoiler in case folks wish to wait to see the final.

It's getting there. Still have a few more pieces to finish up and then I have to assemble everything back together plus some re-centering.

I'm moving right into the IVA soon as this step is done so Nazari will get one large ready to go project

Click to view

Will have a better more complete preview with all the stuff included in Phase II tonight or tomorrow.

Nope

Could be one of many things. Too many mods perhaps?

to be honest i prefer the old style tug (looked kinda rugged and sorta cool...er...) but then again your making a awesome mod (ignoring the fact of the HUD, the fact it's a tiny shuttle compared to my 5 meter only space station and that i can't seem to get it down on the ground in one piece unless i use parachutes :/)

That aurora looks awesome in that recent video! I decided to edit the textures a bit to make them a little more subtle, green, and not so opaque when the sun is behind them causing them to be darker than the sunlight. I also fixed some pixelation issues. Here's a link with my tweaked textures. I left the user config setting the same. All credit goes to Westi29 for the original textures and settings.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6861684/kerbin_aurora.zip

4MPTV6a.png

IgQ329H.png

rQMSqI3.png

Ddgfgxf.png

Phase II Progress Update

-Some 21-22 parts.

-All 3D Geometry, and textures done for externals.

-Animations and such done.

-Centering.. done.

To do:

-IVA for the three different labs and for SST, shouldn't take too long (about a quarter of the time it took to make this).

-A few simple colliders to help Nazari.

-Unity (Nazari's side).

Javascript is disabled. View full album
to be honest i prefer the old style tug (looked kinda rugged and sorta cool...er...) but then again your making a awesome mod (ignoring the fact of the HUD)

There has only ever been the one version of the SST you guys see on here I haven't posted any other screenshots of any other tug, different mod? Soon as Phase II is out, going to take a look at that HUD/ADI issue.

The new parts look really nice. Are you planning to release them as a separate mod or as one big package with the KSO? I think it would be better to have separate packages so people who don't want the station parts can do a clean install of the KSO.

Nope. Originally it was going to be separate, but I'm consolidating the project into the Kerbin Shuttle Orbiter System, as the title of this thread. Certain parts of the mod will get separated off eventually (Mystery Goo lights for example). A lot of the textures are shared across the various parts. Most folks already have the station parts texture it just has to be updated with the new islands.

Thank you for great mod, but I would like to ask whether there are any plans to address heavy and nonresponsive flight while using Deadly reentry.

Deadly Reentry is not part of this mod. Support for mods comes in the form of community support by the various folks following this thread (which I really appreciate). Nazari gave all KSO parts re-entry shielding. If you want the KSO to work with your favorite mod, post on that Mod's thread so the author or posters in that thread can explain what values you need to add or change in the CFG files.

In the case of FAR and MechJeb, they were really simple fixes (thanks to the community) which when implemented did not change the stock KSO numbers and setup (FAR has its own variables, the MechJeb LRB fix was simple).

Edited by helldiver

Phase II Progress Update

-Some 21-22 parts.

-Centering.. done.

To do:

-IVA for the three different labs and for SST, shouldn't take too long (about a quarter of the time it took to make this).

-Unity (Nazari's side).

<snip>

Already trying to come up with a station design!

Phase II Progress Update

-Some 21-22 parts.

-Centering.. done.

-snip-

My science! It's like Christmas all over again!

Nazari could you Maybe add ablative heatshielding to the ksp nosecone as Well or at least Tell me how to do that? Cuz with deadly reentry Even at a 45 degree reentry angle my kso Cockpit reaches like 500 degrees plus because of its front not being shielded at all (Even though Even the Cockpit Looks as if its supposed to be shielded to the front from what i can See in These textures :S Would be really happy if you (of anyone Else) could help me with that

Phase II Progress Update

-Some 21-22 parts.

-Centering.. done.

To do:

-Unity (Nazari's side).

http://imgur.com/a/w77CD

Helldiver, the new station parts are looking great. Can't wait to see their interiors, especially on the labs. Can I make a request for a future edition of the station parts? Would it be possible to add a four-way coupler? I know the six-way will work, but sometimes all you need is a four-way. Thanks again for your work on this awesome mod.

Nazari could you Maybe add ablative heatshielding to the ksp nosecone as Well or at least Tell me how to do that? Cuz with deadly reentry Even at a 45 degree reentry angle my kso Cockpit reaches like 500 degrees plus because of its front not being shielded at all (Even though Even the Cockpit Looks as if its supposed to be shielded to the front from what i can See in These textures :S Would be really happy if you (of anyone Else) could help me with that

Ok I've changed this for next time it's uploaded. For now, just open the dre_KSO.cfg file in KSO/FX and paste this over the current entry titled @PART[noseconekso]

@PART[noseconekso]

{

@maxTemp = 1500

MODULE

{ // this one is custom, and is a little thicker than most heat shields.

name = ModuleHeatShield

direction = 0, 0, 1 // bottom of pod

reflective = 0.25 // 25% of heat is ignored at correct angle

ablative = AblativeShielding

loss

{ // loss is based on the shockwave temperature (also based on density)

key = 650 0 // start ablating at 650 degrees C

key = 1000 64 // peak ablation at 1000 degrees C

key = 3000 80 // max ablation at 3000 degrees C

}

dissipation

{ // dissipation is based on the part's current temperature

key = 300 0 // begin ablating at 300 degrees C

key = 500 180 // maximum dissipation at 500 degrees C

}

}

RESOURCE

{

name = AblativeShielding

amount = 250

maxAmount = 250

}

}

You can use this cfg to tune the difficulty of DRE for the KSO parts... as you can see they all have the same amount of shielding and reflect the same amount.

Edited by Nazari1382

Helldiver, the new station parts are looking great. Can't wait to see their interiors, especially on the labs. Can I make a request for a future edition of the station parts? Would it be possible to add a four-way coupler? I know the six-way will work, but sometimes all you need is a four-way. Thanks again for your work on this awesome mod.

PK040kP.jpg

Tried adding it to the album but wasn't able to since I don't have an imagur account :D

its a very wonderful mod thank you for your great work! but there is a problem, i can't use your docking-modules from the kso pack because there isn't the green attach-point

Surface attach it. It's a little fiddly to get it aligned, but it can be done with a little zoom and patience. I know it's not a substitute for an attachment node, but you certainly can.

That aurora looks awesome in that recent video! I decided to edit the textures a bit to make them a little more subtle, green, and not so opaque when the sun is behind them causing them to be darker than the sunlight. I also fixed some pixelation issues. Here's a link with my tweaked textures. I left the user config setting the same. All credit goes to Westi29 for the original textures and settings.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6861684/kerbin_aurora.zip

http://i.imgur.com/4MPTV6a.png

http://i.imgur.com/IgQ329H.png

http://i.imgur.com/rQMSqI3.png

http://i.imgur.com/Ddgfgxf.png

What skybox are you using?

its a very wonderful mod thank you for your great work! but there is a problem, i can't use your docking-modules from the kso pack because there isn't the green attach-point
Surface attach it. It's a little fiddly to get it aligned, but it can be done with a little zoom and patience. I know it's not a substitute for an attachment node, but you certainly can.

Yeah, and sadly we can't put an attach node on each plate without having facing issues. What Naz does is usually puts centerline nodes but anything else that isn't centerline is surface attached. He could probably chime in and explain it better.

There has only ever been the one version of the SST you guys see on here I haven't posted any other screenshots of any other tug, different mod? Soon as Phase II is out, going to take a look at that HUD/ADI issue.

whoops sorry a pic ago it showed the tug but not the RCS boom on either side so i was thinking that the booms were removed but now seeing that there back where they should be ignore that comment.

also is there any bloody way to stop station parts/ docking ports acting like they're connected to each other by a rubber band!?

i mean to say that if i conect two (lets say) crew pods to each other via docking ports it seems that (if i wiggle em around or try to manover them to where i want em or put sas on) it seems that the docking ports are like jelly holding them together. they bend really badly whichj usually ends up with me shooting off the main reentry capable pod back down to kerbin while the station rips it's self to pieces.

Edited by AntiMatter001