[0.25] Time Control - 9/23/14 v13.2

Xaiier

I put my code on github so you can download the changes. I had made a change to add a text box to specify the hyper warp speed as well.

I think Xaiier was working on a rewrite a while ago.

https://github.com/ntwest/TimeControl/releases/tag/1.0.2

MIT License (included in download), created originally by Xaiier.

Hmm, seems to screw up the altitude display with my plane.

This is a known bug in the older versions, not sure if it can be fixed... but Kerbal Engineer will show the right altitude.

- - - Updated - - -

How well will this work with powered atmospheric flight? I'm looking for something to help cut down those slow low tech 3 hour flights to the survey point.

I've had very good luck with it, combined with a flight autopilot that keeps your plane steady.

• 2 weeks later...

His patch still seems to cause a small but annoying freeze for me every time I come out of timewarp. It might have to do with RPM.

EDIT: Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand it seems like it still has the space-center-gets-destroyed-when-you-leave-Kerbin's-SOI bug. Pity. :(

Edited by mythbusters844

• 3 weeks later...
It works in 1.0.2, so why do you assume not in 1.0.3?

It doesn't work completely. It still has a massive lagspike when stopping timewarp. Also, if you travel to another SOI and return to the space center, it and the rest of Kerbin completely disappear and it requires a game restart in order to fix.

Edited by mythbusters844

For RSS on 1.0.2, while around Moon, log gets spammed with this:

[LOG 03:47:30.406] Body change Earth to Moon
[EXC 03:47:30.407] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
TimeControl.TimeControl.SetLocalCollision (System.String planetName, Boolean enabled)
TimeControl.TimeControl.UpdateCollision ()
TimeControl.TimeControl.flightUpdate ()
TimeControl.TimeControl.Update ()

What is it, and how to fix it? Tell me if You need full logs.

• 2 weeks later...
It doesn't work completely. It still has a massive lagspike when stopping timewarp. Also, if you travel to another SOI and return to the space center, it and the rest of Kerbin completely disappear and it requires a game restart in order to fix.

I might look into this as it seems the OP has disappeared...

For RSS on 1.0.2, while around Moon, log gets spammed with this:
[LOG 03:47:30.406] Body change Earth to Moon
[EXC 03:47:30.407] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
TimeControl.TimeControl.SetLocalCollision (System.String planetName, Boolean enabled)
TimeControl.TimeControl.UpdateCollision ()
TimeControl.TimeControl.flightUpdate ()
TimeControl.TimeControl.Update ()

What is it, and how to fix it? Tell me if You need full logs.

I'll see if I can figure out what's going on here also... I loved this mod.

Updated to 1.0.4.

Black screen in space center after switching SOI is fixed!

RSS / Kopernicus bugs should be fixed.

Also added time control icon to Stock Toolbar. It's a bit weird it makes you click it twice I'll try to get it sorted soon.

You can turn it off in config.txt. I put a placeholder in to turn off blizzy toolbar but didn't get to that yet.

Note that there will be a small freeze after coming out of timewarp, this is because of the bug fix for the exploding ships when using very high timewarp speeds.

GitHub Link (MIT License):

https://github.com/ntwest/TimeControl/releases/tag/1.0.4-hf-2

Ssometimes the space center controls lock up still. I haven't been able to reliably reproduce it but I think it has to do with being in a different SOI when you return to the space center.

Edited by westamastaflash

While on the KSC screen, this is spammed at a high frequency. Is it reproducible for you?

(Filename: /home/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/LinuxStandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

TimeControl(13.20): KSC Locked

(Filename: /home/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/LinuxStandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

While on the KSC screen, this is spammed at a high frequency. Is it reproducible for you?

Yeah, that's a log from my fix for the control locks. I will update the code to make debug able to be turned off/on in the config file and those messages will go away.

New update. Edited my post with link and here:

https://github.com/ntwest/TimeControl/releases/tag/1.0.4-hf-2

Edited by westamastaflash

westamastaflash are you basically maintaining Time Control for the foreseeable future? I'm curious because this mod is the best out there for improving frame rate (And thus create good cinematics). ;)

westamastaflash are you basically maintaining Time Control for the foreseeable future? I'm curious because this mod is the best out there for improving frame rate (And thus create good cinematics). ;)

I've sent a PM to the Xaiier to see if he's OK with me taking it over. If I don't hear back in a few weeks, and I have the time to spare I might put together a new thread with a few more bugfixes (day job is very busy and we've got a baby on the way).

But I will try to at least keep it functional for the new KSP updates.

I still think theres something wrong with how the "fix" for super fast warps is working because going back to the space center after an SOI change still doesn't work completely (the buildings sometimes become unresponsive).

I've sent a PM to the Xaiier to see if he's OK with me taking it over. If I don't hear back in a few weeks, and I have the time to spare I might put together a new thread with a few more bugfixes (day job is very busy and we've got a baby on the way).

But I will try to at least keep it functional for the new KSP updates.

I still think theres something wrong with how the "fix" for super fast warps is working because going back to the space center after an SOI change still doesn't work completely (the buildings sometimes become unresponsive).

okee. So basically as long as you don't use super fast time warp nothing bad happens, right? xD

If you are to maintain this in Xaiiers leave, I give you full thumbs up :)

Finally found a workaround for a troublesome bug.

If you find your space center locked out after changing SOIs, you need to either:

(1) Always switch to a vessel orbiting Kerbin and then time accelerate with it. This will reset the PQSCity objects of the space center and the colliders.

(2) Use the KSC Building Shortcuts modelet to go to the tracking station and switch to a vessel orbiting kerbin (or launch one from the mysteriously ghostly launch pad and get to space), then Time Accelerate to reset the objects.

I'm trying to figure out how to reset them when the space center scene is loaded. Once I have it fixed I will upload a fixed DLL.

• 4 weeks later...

This is going to sound like a stupid question but how do you even install this mod? I usually use CKAN for all my mods so I don't know how to properly install a mod downloaded directly from Curse, and I can't @#$%^&^ing find how to do it ANYWERE.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.