[0.25] Time Control - 9/23/14 v13.2

Xaiier

This is going to sound like a stupid question but how do you even install this mod? I usually use CKAN for all my mods so I don't know how to properly install a mod downloaded directly from Curse, and I can't @#$%^&^ing find how to do it ANYWERE.

Put the TimeControl folder in the zip inside your GameData folder.

• 4 weeks later...

For those interested in why I haven't been able to work on this, the reasoning is twofold:

1. I simply don't have the time. I am studying to be a CS major and as such more coding in my limited free time is less than exciting. I have schoolwork and other projects which are priority for the time being.

2. I no longer have interest in KSP. A large portion of what drove me to work on this was to be able to use it for myself, and as such I have no desire to continue work now that I no longer play KSP regularly. This is not to say that I don't like KSP anymore, but rather that I have exhausted my interest in it due to the sheer amount of time that I have invested in it.

I chose the MIT licence with this possibility in mind, and I see that some have already taken up the slack and tried to fix bugs and keep it updated. While I would like to revisit this in the future, I cannot definitively say when. I originally started this project by taking over DEADBEEF's original code and improving upon it. Likewise, I would love to see somebody take my functionality and improve upon it further. I would much rather see this live on under someone else and be useful to the many people that have enjoyed it than have it die because I was unable to continue work on it. Consider this official approval to take over the project if you like.

Good luck,

Xaiier

P.S. If anyone has specific questions or needs to get in contact with me, I am still active in the KSP IRC channel and other affiliated channels.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone know how to pause time (or freeze physics) for one craft but not the other? What i like about pausing time is that it turn objects static, so they dont lag.

what I would like to do is to freeze time on an aircraft carrier I got so it doesn't lag, but I want to be able to takeoff aircraft and such.

Anyone know how to pause time (or freeze physics) for one craft but not the other? What i like about pausing time is that it turn objects static, so they dont lag.

what I would like to do is to freeze time on an aircraft carrier I got so it doesn't lag, but I want to be able to takeoff aircraft and such.

It would in theory be possible to put a vessel in the static state that it is in during warp, but this would result in it not having collisions with other objects. It's an idea that's been tossed around before but there isn't a good solution.

It would in theory be possible to put a vessel in the static state that it is in during warp, but this would result in it not having collisions with other objects. It's an idea that's been tossed around before but there isn't a good solution.

Well what does it take to pause the processing on things like lift, forces, and gravity, but not collision?

Well what does it take to pause the processing on things like lift, forces, and gravity, but not collision?

That would be quite difficult if not impossible. It also wouldn't help much, as the collision detection is a majority of the processing.

I got a tad bit bored the other day and decided to make high resolution thumbnails. Sadly as it currently is KSP blurs the icon dramatically.

76x76 pixel resolution:

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Toolbar icons are usually 38x38 pixels so this one should be twice the resolution needed. :) If anyone wants to use them PM me and I can send you the .dds images.

Edited by Avera9eJoe

As another thing to note, Time Control is spamming the Debug Menu with "[Log]: TimeControl(13.20): KSC Locked" when at space center view. It appears only to happen in this scene though.

Yeah I believe that I fixed this in the latest upload of my patch.

https://github.com/ntwest/TimeControl/releases/tag/1.0.4-hf-2

If you'd like I can upload the new DDS files and include them in my github. I finally finished working on a recent presentation so I have some time again to see about doing a real update to 1.0.4 / 1.0.5 (when it arrives).

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/1/2016 at 3:18 PM, Avera9eJoe said:

Hm... no plans on maintaining this?

I did a rebuild for 1.0.5. I have a new baby at home so not much time right now for any bugs. I'm hoping when the unity 5 version of KSP comes out to do a new thread. 

1.0.5 release;

https://github.com/ntwest/TimeControl/releases/tag/1.0.5

Edited by westamastaflash

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, westamastaflash said:

I finally should have some time to maybe take a look at this over the weekend. No promises. It really depends on how much is changed with Unity 5.

Oh boy, really good news! Keep up with it, it's a MUST!!!!

Congrats btw :D

Compile for KSP 1.1.2.

Good news. Hyper warp seems to perform much better - I got nearly 20x hyper warp on a stock 30-part craft launch (Windows 64-bit)

I removed the code that prevents collision with the space center which was a bug fix for super high warp explosions. These explosions seem to be gone.

https://github.com/ntwest/TimeControl/releases/tag/KSP1.1.2-v1

No guarantees. I haven't done thorough testing but everything seems to work OK (hyper, regular, slo-mo) and I wanted to get this out to y'all sooner rather than later. Maybe in the next few weeks I'll figure out how to do the new UI and make a nice UI like precise maneuver node editor did.

I also submitted a pull request to get this in CKAN.

Edited by westamastaflash

20 hours ago, westamastaflash said:

Compile for KSP 1.1.2.

Good news. Hyper warp seems to perform much better - I got nearly 20x hyper warp on a stock 30-part craft launch (Windows 64-bit)

I removed the code that prevents collision with the space center which was a bug fix for super high warp explosions. These explosions seem to be gone.

https://github.com/ntwest/TimeControl/releases/tag/KSP1.1.2-v1

No guarantees. I haven't done thorough testing but everything seems to work OK (hyper, regular, slo-mo) and I wanted to get this out to y'all sooner rather than later. Maybe in the next few weeks I'll figure out how to do the new UI and make a nice UI like precise maneuver node editor did.

I also submitted a pull request to get this in CKAN.

Thanks so much! I can continue doing stuff like this now. You should really make a new thread for your work. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.