[25/03/2014] Octagonal Truss Set

Kommitz

Well, i like your design. Maybe some truss with corridor too?

It woudl probably be usefull for future connected livig space/sanity mods.

I've released the basic truss parts first because I'm using them as a base to tie all the other parts together, which is why they're a bit barebones right now. Crewed components will come along eventually though.

Yay more trusses! Would those solid walled octagonal cargo containers work like cargo bays?

edit: That round adapter goes so well with TurboNisu's Adapter Fuel Tank. Look at that connection! If the adapter ring edge were of the same color, it would have been too perfect!

2b5c2sv.png

Edited by Piamette
added image

I discovered this fueltanks make good lander base. Only problem is 1 unit long tank is too long

Could I make a request for a 1/2 length fuel tank?

I'm working on some, although it'll be a cluster of smaller tanks inside the truss rather than a super-squashed 2.5m tank.

Nice, I'm using the heck out of these... but why no 2/3 length parts? About half my builds could use them.

I was just trying to keep the part counts down, and as such just went with a 2.5m standard height. Figured that having a 7.5m one would work for large constructions, and the small ones could be stacked for the times that you need a 5m tall bit.

That said, it's only really to keep the VAB menus less cluttered as I've made the parts so that they all use the same texture sheet so far so it'd be easy enough to just add the 2/3rds parts in.

Me too - though I don't get why the central pipework can't continue on them

I've been thinking that too actually. I'll just add some tubes next update.

I'm working on some, although it'll be a cluster of smaller tanks inside the truss rather than a super-squashed 2.5m tank.

Exactly what I needed! I definitely love those parts. Thanks for your hard work!

Behold the SpaceDock!

bitIs9G.png

Kommitz, for the docking port might I suggest something similar to the THSS docking part? I like the alignment fins and I think it adds that something extra to that part. Alternatively, why not simply weld the senior docking port to the short piece you already have? My two cents. :)

Really like the look of these parts, thanks for sharing!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.